LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

WR - Breshad Perriman UCF

This team does not need a WR high. If Krap can't get it done with the current WRs and TE he just can't get it done. Then we need a new QB.

Baalke is terrible at picking WRs and he will pick the wrong one anyway.

We just lost McDonald and we may lose Justin Smith too. D line is a huge need. We may lose Frank Gore. RB is a big need. We could use more speed there. We may lose Iupati. Making O line a big need.

This team has much bigger needs than WR.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This team does not need a WR high. If Krap can't get it done with the current WRs and TE he just can't get it done. Then we need a new QB.

We just lost McDonald and we may lose Justin Smith too. D line is a huge need. We may lose Frank Gore. RB is a big need. We could use more speed there. We may lose Iupati. Making O line a big need.

Right they need another "project" WR in the later rds. I think we already have a couple of those. Baalke has only drafted 1 WR in the 1st 3 rds, so I wouldn't say he is terrible. I agree we do need DL help, but SF has proven that they can develop that position. O-line was injured, WRs dropped balls, and they had no deep threat. I'd say those are also some good reasons Kap didn't produce like we all know he can.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Right they need another "project" WR in the later rds. I think we already have a couple of those. Baalke has only drafted 1 WR in the 1st 3 rds, so I wouldn't say he is terrible. I agree we do need DL help, but SF has proven that they can develop that position. O-line was injured, WRs dropped balls, and they had no deep threat. I'd say those are also some good reasons Kap didn't produce like we all know he can.

I would just say we have much bigger needs. WR is a luxury pick early. We got 2 young guys on the roster we didn't even use much. They demonstrated pretty good speed in very limited opportunities. We don't even use the guys we have and we want to already pick more WRs. It doesn't make sense IMO.
I agree with San Diego.

And for a team that hasnt already resigned Gore that has had the capability to do so, then i question their motives on that position. ...we need a lot of help in many positions so if we decide to reach for a sleeper wr at 15, well i'd be questioning Baalke's credibility, and his sanity.

So deep with receivers this draft is.

I like trading down and gaining another third rounder somehow, especially if we dont restructure a couple contracts here or there; we're going to have to get younger quicker
Originally posted by crew:
I had Niners taking him in the 3rd round of my mock. Could possibly see taking him with the 2nd round pick, but not in the 1st round.

Would he be a legit option in round 2 or a reach? I'm trying to catch up on studying these guys so I just was wondering where his value is right now.
Kiper's top 100 selections have been mediocre for quite some time.. His mock drafts are worse..I'd not put much reliance in his prognostications.
Trying to job my memory: I know Brett Perriman played with Moore and Sanders. He was a speedy WR, right?

Did you even watch the games? Our current WRs and TE was among the league leaders in drops and that includes Boldin. Not to mention they are probably the slowest group of WRs in the NFL. Name me a team who has a slower #1 and #2 than Crabs and Boldin. It's easy to defend a team who has absolutely no deep threat as evidence by our putrid offense. A need for speed has been our biggest need for a long time now and still is!
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Did you even watch the games? Our current WRs and TE was among the league leaders in drops and that includes Boldin. Not to mention they are probably the slowest group of WRs in the NFL. Name me a team who has a slower #1 and #2 than Crabs and Boldin. It's easy to defend a team who has absolutely no deep threat as evidence by our putrid offense. A need for speed has been our biggest need for a long time now and still is!
Bobby Wagner came out and told us we had zero explosive players. Once Kam took VDs heart we had nothing left but Kap and Frank. Was have to get big plays and this will require more explosive offensive weapons whether it be WRs or RBs. Hyde and Hunter can help Kap and VD but we need young cheap studs and the draft gives us the opportunity. We can't afford free agents and Kap ain't Brady. We ain't winning with a slow methodical dink and dunk offense. NE barely did and was essentially gifted the game vs SEA. We can't throw fifty balls and win with these slow WRs we got. We have to draft studs and I have a feeling g we will because we can't afford Dez or DeMarco

Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I agree with San Diego.

And for a team that hasnt already resigned Gore that has had the capability to do so, then i question their motives on that position. ...we need a lot of help in many positions so if we decide to reach for a sleeper wr at 15, well i'd be questioning Baalke's credibility, and his sanity.

So deep with receivers this draft is.

I like trading down and gaining another third rounder somehow, especially if we dont restructure a couple contracts here or there; we're going to have to get younger quicker

sorry had too

I like a trade down scenario, Baalke has talked about having Gore in their future. Just because they haven't resigned him in Feb doesn't mean much. I would disagree we need a lot of help in many positions. Baalke has drafted over 20 players in the last 2 drafts and some of those players need to finally step up.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I would just say we have much bigger needs. WR is a luxury pick early. We got 2 young guys on the roster we didn't even use much. They demonstrated pretty good speed in very limited opportunities. We don't even use the guys we have and we want to already pick more WRs. It doesn't make sense IMO.

I feel ya...I don't see WR as a luxury pick though. We have nothing as far as a field stretcher goes. Our TE is probably our fastest player lol. Boldin and SJ are both slow possession WRs. I like both Ellington and Patton, but Patton has had chances in the off-season and weekly practices to establish his spot on the 53 and he couldn't even beat a old Lloyd.

Time to stop grabbing on vets and "project" wrs in the later rds. If the top 3 WRs are gone in the 1st, I'd like a trade down and grab DL/WR in the 1st two rds.
Just don't see any possible way Breshad does anything to validate worthiness of being a 1st rounder. He would have to have a historic combine. Good receiver, and I would not mind taking him in the 3rd or 2nd if he has a strong combine.
I don't see anyone drafting him in the 1st.

I'm a "the wars are won in the trenches" guy BUT we really do need a fast WR who isn't a hobbit.

Doesn't have to be 6'4" but anything under 6'1" won't work IMO.

At what point we get one - who knows?
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000470277/article/brandt-breshad-perriman-ascending-as-draft-prospect

Brandt: Breshad Perriman ascending as draft prospect

Another Perriman is on his way to the NFL, and this one could be drafted higher than his father.

UCF wide receiver Breshad Perriman, the son of 10-year NFL veteran Brett Perriman, is creating a buzz among NFL personnel men according to NFL Media senior analyst Gil Brandt:

The Golden Knights star exploded for 1,044 yards on 50 catches as a junior last season, averaging better than 20 yards per catch with nine touchdowns. He joins another strong field of talented wide receivers available in the draft, deep enough to limit demand at the position. That group includes West Virginia's Kevin White, Alabama's Amari Cooper, Louisville's DeVante Parker, Oklahoma's Dorial Green-Beckham, Arizona State's Jaelen Strong and Ohio State's Devin Smith.

According to Brandt's analysis of position needs for each NFL club, only two teams picking late in the first round will be in need of one: the Super Bowl XLIX champion New England Patriots, and potentially the Denver Broncos.

Brett Perriman followed a strong career at the University of Miami as a second-round pick of the New Orleans Saints. He started just 16 games in three years there, but bloomed late in his career and had a spectacular season with the Detroit Lions in 1995 (108 catches, 1,488 yards).
Share 49ersWebzone