There are 174 users in the forums

WR - Breshad Perriman UCF

Originally posted by NinerSickness:
I'm not saying the guy's slow by any means; I'm just saying pro' day numbers are notoriously unrealistic, and this guy is not a 4.25 receiver. Not even close.

The dude has more flaws in his game than Cordarrelle Patterson did at Tennessee, and Patterson was a better athlete IMO. Probably just as fast, more flexible, better hands... and Patterson isn't even any good in the pro's.

This guy is not a top-20 talent like people are saying. I wouldn't touch him in the top 50 picks.

Cordarrelle Patterson is a world class athlete... huge guy with breakaway speed and is a RB with the ball in his hands. He's just a dumbass, but if he can get his head on right, he can be as good as any WR. I just don't think he knows what he's doing on the field, and he STILL makes monster plays.

Athletically, they are similar, Patterson has more wiggle, Perriman is a bit faster... both have a nice power element to their game, I'd probably give the edge to Patterson, as I've mentioned before he's a freaking RB with the rock in his hands.

As for ball skills, Perriman has the edge and it's not even close. He has some concentration drops, but Patterson can't adjust to bad passes, high point jump balls and catch in traffic like Perriman.

Patterson, first off, is entering his 3rd season, has flashed big time ability, is still developing... and pretty much all of his issues are from the neck up. He was also playing with terrible QB's his first 2 years, in terrible offenses. So I'm not really sure why you're trying to make it seem like his career is a failure.

You don't have to think Perriman is a Top 20 or 50 pick, I'm sure there might be some GM's that agree with you-- but all you're doing is making purely opinion based statements and stating them as they are facts.

"I don't think Perriman is as good as Patterson and Patterson hasn't proven he's an elite WR" isn't exactly a substantial critique.
Originally posted by Mann716:
Originally posted by LowerTheBoom:
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:
Ok you obviously know about this guy. I didn't hear his name mentioned as a 1st round pick until they announed his 40 time which reminds me of Heyward-Bey. Since you know about this guy answer some questions for me please. Who was Peeriman's QB? What kind of offense did they run? How many productive years did he have? The drops that he did have were they balls he tried to body or did they hit his hands and bounce off? Does he create a lot of YAC or was his production mainly from catch and runs where the DB is 15 yards away? Can he get off the press? Finally, any time missed due to injury? I'm not concerned with the drops if he's a body catcher in college because if he has soft hands you can teach technique. Same with the route running. Also, is this guy in your opinon someone we can get at 25 if we trade back or would we have to take him at 15?

First off man, I have to give you major props for your handle name. Can't f**kin stand Lowell Cohn or his annoying kid.

Sir, I believe most of your concerns are addressed through examples I've made from what he has shown on tape and what I've said throughout the thread.

I will touch up on a couple of your questions though.

As far as "name being mentioned as a 1st round pick...", the only people whose opinions ultimately matter are that of NFL scouts and GM's, none of which are give up their draft board before the draft. What Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, etc. have these players ranked is just a GUESS where they think NFL teams value these players. As evidenced by the fact that EVERY year, there are players picked much higher than expected, as well as player dropping further than expected, I would be very leery on making absolute/direct correlations of a players talent and what teams think of them based on outside and sometimes amateur opinions.

Mel Kiper actually had him mocked to us at #15... and to me, that is more of an indictment on the guy than a positive. I hate Mel Kiper, and my opinion of Perriman has absolutely nothing to do with Kiper being high on Perriman. We simply happen to agree on this particular instance. And FWIW, even Todd McShay has him #19 on his big board.

Listen, I keep it real, and I'm not gonna pretend that I have watched every game of every prospect extensively like some posters do. That's not realistic. Have I watched a few games of these guys, and do I go back and cross reference old game film and highlight reels before I voice an opinion to make sure I'm not making false claims? Yes, I do.

1) I don't know Perriman's QB's name. I DO know, however, that in MOST of the deep balls he caught, Perriman had to completely stop or slow down, and was making hand catches away from his body. That tells me he is able to make big plays in spite of playing with a QB that gave him horrible ball placement. QB's name is neither here nor there, just look at the type of balls he was thrown if you want the story there.

2) I personally don't judge players on the type of drops they have, but rather the type of catches they make. Now, if Perriman was a BODY CATCHER and had a lot of drops... that tells me doesn't have the physical ability, hand eye coordination, to ever have good hands. Those kinds of players HAVE to be hit in stride, or they are probably gonna drop it. Negates all the physical talent in the world. If you look at most of Perriman's catches... they are all with his HANDS, and away from his body, often times behind or high. That information tells you what you need to do know about his capabilities as far as his ability to catch the ball goes. If he had bad hands, he wouldn't be able to make the type of grabs he does.

3) RE: YAC

It's hard to get a lot of YAC when you are dealing with bad ball placement, because it stops all your momentum and gives the defenders a chance to catch up. However, there are several plays where he IS hit in stride in the open field, and displays very good vision, balance, ability to make defenders miss, and power to run through arm tackles.

4) RE: Press Coverage

Hard to get a totally accurate gauge on this because of the competition he faced, but his feet are explosive at the snap and he does display active hands. Typically, WR's that struggle against the press are either bigger guys that have "build up" speed that are slow getting into their routes, or smaller guys who aren't lightning fast that get pushed around. I don't believe he fits into either of those categories.

5) His route running leaves something to be desired, he sometimes gets lazy, rounds off routes, etc., but what I look at is if he has the physical skills to get better with repetition. To be a good route runner, WR's need great balance, flexible ankles/hips to be able to sink into and explode out of their break, and the ability to stop/start their momentum. His movement skills in games show that he is not only fully capable, but that he has the feet of a player much smaller than him, IMO.

6) RE: Darius Heyward-Bey

Darius Heyward-Bey was a funny pick because NOTHING on tape showed him to be anything more than a deep threat. Perriman shows the ability to make rare, highlight reel catches downfield (and make them look easy), showed very good RAC ability when given the chance, shows great body control, and the ability to over-power DB's.

Besides a 4.2 forty time, I personally noticed zero similarities in both of their abilities.

7) RE: Will he be there at 15 or 25?

At first, I thought he would e a good player to trade back into the late 1st or trade up into the early 2nd for. IMO, after his pro day and 40... I don't think there is any way he's there at 25, and I would not be the least bit surprised to see him go before our pick at 15.

The reality of the matter is that although a super fast 40 time *ALONE* doesn't guarantee a player will be any good... it DOES matter, and gives a gauge about how a player stacks up athletically to other world class athletes at his position in the NFL. Especially when the time is so fast that it is completely unheard of for a player that size. Chris Johnson was expected to be a 2nd-3rd round pick, he went I think 17th overall.

8) Lastly....

Perriman DOES have his flaws. He DOES have a lot of drops, whether concentration or not, you can't excuse them completely, and he's not a polished route runner.

But to put things in perspective.... at 6'2, 214 lbs, 4.2 forty... long arms, productive playing with a s**tty QB, great body control and rare playmaking ability...

If he had "A" grade hands and route running, he would be a Top 3 pick and we would have a better shot at drafting Leonard Williams than him.

**Bottom line, if you think a player has a chance to be "special", you throw out draft value and all that junk, because draft grades and value charts don't win you championships, great players do. Could we have drafted Aldon Smith later than 7th? Could we have waiting before drafting Kap early in the 2nd? Possibly-- but what does that really matter? We got great players.

I personally think Perriman can be special in the NFL. WILL HE is another question that is TBD, just like it is for all players...

...but the things I mentioned in my post and have throughout my thread can be validated by watching him play, watching games, watching a simple high light tape.

I welcome anyone that wants to dispute the things I say by SHOWING examples on the football field.... but it seems I keep going in circles with fans that have nothing but selective stats and unverifiable claims.

Well said. This is EXACTLY how I feel. Theres nothing I disagree with. And I felt this way before his proday.

Thank you... I think what happens during draft season is the armchair GM community hangs on to cliches like "40 time isn't everything"... and take it to an extreme of actually using a great 40 time against a player. They parrot statements like "he doesn't play that fast on the field", without really double checking to see if it's true or not.

Idk how people say "he looks like a 4.6 guy on tape" when on damn near every deep ball highlight, he is so far behind the D that even when he stops and adjusts to the ball, he's still behind them.

Darius Heyward-Bey, Troy Williamson, Ted Ginn Jr... these guys don't pan out as WR's because they are straight linish, never showed the ability to adjust, power, or RAC ability even college. Oh, and they're skinny, light-weight punks, 6-2, 214 lbs is a grown ass man. To put Perriman in a category with those guys just because of his 40 time is absurd.

**I have a question for all those people discrediting his 40 time at his pro day:

- If it's a GUARANTEE to run that much faster at your pro day, howcome every 4.3-4.4 guy from the combine doesn't run at their pro day and get in the 4.1-4.2's?

I remember when Patrick Willis was discredited for running a 4.37 at his Pro Day... yet we've NEVER seen sideline-to-sideline to speed like that in the NFL.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
The guy is like heyward-bey. Track speed but average athlete. No challenge to the cb. Just compare his route his route running to cooper and locket.
While I think there's a ton of upside, he relies too much on his athletic ability and that will hurt him in the NFL. He is raw in his route-running and facts are facts he dropped a lot of passes throw his way.

We can say his QB didn't help him out (which he didn't) but the same could be said for Cooper, Parker,Coates, Doresett etc...also I do like to factor in competition and most of his big games were against lower caliber teams (did play well against NC State though).

He is a wild card and I'm not a fan of throwing a top 15 pick at a wild card. Does he bring another dimension than what Torrey Smith brings to the table? I could say that they are very comparable WRs.

He is my 6th ranked WR:

1: Cooper
2: White
3: Parker
4: Strong
5: Agholor
6: Perriman
7: DGB
8: Lockett
9: Smith
10: Dorrsett

Top 4 have 1st round grades.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 13, 2015 at 7:14 AM ]
I like the kid but I don't want us to be the team who takes him that high.

He's very talented but also requires a lot of work and his inconsistency on the big stage can be maddening. No matter how fast/big you are it doesn't matter if you can't catch the ball consistently.
Originally posted by Mann716:
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:
Ok you obviously know about this guy. I didn't hear his name mentioned as a 1st round pick until they announed his 40 time which reminds me of Heyward-Bey. Since you know about this guy answer some questions for me please. Who was Peeriman's QB? What kind of offense did they run? How many productive years did he have? The drops that he did have were they balls he tried to body or did they hit his hands and bounce off? Does he create a lot of YAC or was his production mainly from catch and runs where the DB is 15 yards away? Can he get off the press? Finally, any time missed due to injury? I'm not concerned with the drops if he's a body catcher in college because if he has soft hands you can teach technique. Same with the route running. Also, is this guy in your opinon someone we can get at 25 if we trade back or would we have to take him at 15?

First off man, I have to give you major props for your handle name. Can't f**kin stand Lowell Cohn or his annoying kid.

Sir, I believe most of your concerns are addressed through examples I've made from what he has shown on tape and what I've said throughout the thread.

I will touch up on a couple of your questions though.

As far as "name being mentioned as a 1st round pick...", the only people whose opinions ultimately matter are that of NFL scouts and GM's, none of which are give up their draft board before the draft. What Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, etc. have these players ranked is just a GUESS where they think NFL teams value these players. As evidenced by the fact that EVERY year, there are players picked much higher than expected, as well as player dropping further than expected, I would be very leery on making absolute/direct correlations of a players talent and what teams think of them based on outside and sometimes amateur opinions.

Mel Kiper actually had him mocked to us at #15... and to me, that is more of an indictment on the guy than a positive. I hate Mel Kiper, and my opinion of Perriman has absolutely nothing to do with Kiper being high on Perriman. We simply happen to agree on this particular instance. And FWIW, even Todd McShay has him #19 on his big board.

Listen, I keep it real, and I'm not gonna pretend that I have watched every game of every prospect extensively like some posters do. That's not realistic. Have I watched a few games of these guys, and do I go back and cross reference old game film and highlight reels before I voice an opinion to make sure I'm not making false claims? Yes, I do.

1) I don't know Perriman's QB's name. I DO know, however, that in MOST of the deep balls he caught, Perriman had to completely stop or slow down, and was making hand catches away from his body. That tells me he is able to make big plays in spite of playing with a QB that gave him horrible ball placement. QB's name is neither here nor there, just look at the type of balls he was thrown if you want the story there.

2) I personally don't judge players on the type of drops they have, but rather the type of catches they make. Now, if Perriman was a BODY CATCHER and had a lot of drops... that tells me doesn't have the physical ability, hand eye coordination, to ever have good hands. Those kinds of players HAVE to be hit in stride, or they are probably gonna drop it. Negates all the physical talent in the world. If you look at most of Perriman's catches... they are all with his HANDS, and away from his body, often times behind or high. That information tells you what you need to do know about his capabilities as far as his ability to catch the ball goes. If he had bad hands, he wouldn't be able to make the type of grabs he does.

3) RE: YAC

It's hard to get a lot of YAC when you are dealing with bad ball placement, because it stops all your momentum and gives the defenders a chance to catch up. However, there are several plays where he IS hit in stride in the open field, and displays very good vision, balance, ability to make defenders miss, and power to run through arm tackles.

4) RE: Press Coverage

Hard to get a totally accurate gauge on this because of the competition he faced, but his feet are explosive at the snap and he does display active hands. Typically, WR's that struggle against the press are either bigger guys that have "build up" speed that are slow getting into their routes, or smaller guys who aren't lightning fast that get pushed around. I don't believe he fits into either of those categories.

5) His route running leaves something to be desired, he sometimes gets lazy, rounds off routes, etc., but what I look at is if he has the physical skills to get better with repetition. To be a good route runner, WR's need great balance, flexible ankles/hips to be able to sink into and explode out of their break, and the ability to stop/start their momentum. His movement skills in games show that he is not only fully capable, but that he has the feet of a player much smaller than him, IMO.

6) RE: Darius Heyward-Bey

Darius Heyward-Bey was a funny pick because NOTHING on tape showed him to be anything more than a deep threat. Perriman shows the ability to make rare, highlight reel catches downfield (and make them look easy), showed very good RAC ability when given the chance, shows great body control, and the ability to over-power DB's.

Besides a 4.2 forty time, I personally noticed zero similarities in both of their abilities.

7) RE: Will he be there at 15 or 25?

At first, I thought he would e a good player to trade back into the late 1st or trade up into the early 2nd for. IMO, after his pro day and 40... I don't think there is any way he's there at 25, and I would not be the least bit surprised to see him go before our pick at 15.

The reality of the matter is that although a super fast 40 time *ALONE* doesn't guarantee a player will be any good... it DOES matter, and gives a gauge about how a player stacks up athletically to other world class athletes at his position in the NFL. Especially when the time is so fast that it is completely unheard of for a player that size. Chris Johnson was expected to be a 2nd-3rd round pick, he went I think 17th overall.

8) Lastly....

Perriman DOES have his flaws. He DOES have a lot of drops, whether concentration or not, you can't excuse them completely, and he's not a polished route runner.

But to put things in perspective.... at 6'2, 214 lbs, 4.2 forty... long arms, productive playing with a s**tty QB, great body control and rare playmaking ability...

If he had "A" grade hands and route running, he would be a Top 3 pick and we would have a better shot at drafting Leonard Williams than him.

**Bottom line, if you think a player has a chance to be "special", you throw out draft value and all that junk, because draft grades and value charts don't win you championships, great players do. Could we have drafted Aldon Smith later than 7th? Could we have waiting before drafting Kap early in the 2nd? Possibly-- but what does that really matter? We got great players.

I personally think Perriman can be special in the NFL. WILL HE is another question that is TBD, just like it is for all players...

...but the things I mentioned in my post and have throughout my thread can be validated by watching him play, watching games, watching a simple high light tape.

I welcome anyone that wants to dispute the things I say by SHOWING examples on the football field.... but it seems I keep going in circles with fans that have nothing but selective stats and unverifiable claims.

Well said. This is EXACTLY how I feel. Theres nothing I disagree with. And I felt this way before his proday.

Thank you... I think what happens during draft season is the armchair GM community hangs on to cliches like "40 time isn't everything"... and take it to an extreme of actually using a great 40 time against a player. They parrot statements like "he doesn't play that fast on the field", without really double checking to see if it's true or not.

Idk how people say "he looks like a 4.6 guy on tape" when on damn near every deep ball highlight, he is so far behind the D that even when he stops and adjusts to the ball, he's still behind them.

Darius Heyward-Bey, Troy Williamson, Ted Ginn Jr... these guys don't pan out as WR's because they are straight linish, never showed the ability to adjust, power, or RAC ability even college. Oh, and they're skinny, light-weight punks, 6-2, 214 lbs is a grown ass man. To put Perriman in a category with those guys just because of his 40 time is absurd.

**I have a question for all those people discrediting his 40 time at his pro day:

- If it's a GUARANTEE to run that much faster at your pro day, howcome every 4.3-4.4 guy from the combine doesn't run at their pro day and get in the 4.1-4.2's?

I remember when Patrick Willis was discredited for running a 4.37 at his Pro Day... yet we've NEVER seen sideline-to-sideline to speed like that in the NFL.

Well, let me first start by saying Troy Williamson was 6-1 203 and Heyward Bey is 6-2 220. Ginn is the only small, skinny one among those listed. I think Perriman fits the profile for a straight-linish guy based on my review of his games. I'm not the only one who feels this way and there are other very knowledgeable individuals here who see the same thing.

But every year, some see things that others don't and vice versa. Even if you know a player really well, sometimes you turn out to be wrong. MD and I both know from experience here. Even the best evaluators in the business know that. With all that said, I respect anyone that takes time to analyze and assess players on a deep level. My personal review and evaluation leads me to believe Perriman has potential, but I don't see enough to tab him a first rounder. I found it interesting that he chose not to run the shuttle or three cone drills -- primary measurements of quickness, agility, and change of direction. On tape I see that while his initial burst is good, his ability to reaccelerate after having to stop is a step below some of the others in this class.

At best, to me, I see a borderline late 2nd round guy, but more an early 3rd rounder. Obviously, don't see him as a "bad" player, just not among the elite prospects in the WR class.
Originally posted by xcfan:
The guy is like heyward-bey. Track speed but average athlete. No challenge to the cb. Just compare his route his route running to cooper and locket.

You're just making a blanket statement that is easily disproved without having to even "research" much, just look at a simple highlight tape.

Perriman has displayed elite ability to adjust to poorly thrown balls, breaks tackles, shows vision and change of direction in the open field, is a Red Zone threat and can make contested catches down the field-- things Heyward-Bey NEVER showed in college.

I'd like to debate your statements even more, but it's hard to debate something that's not based on anything to begin with. Average athlete and "no challenge to the CB" when he gets so far behind the secondary he has a step even when stopping and adjusting to a bad ball?

I can understand how some might not want to wait for him to develop as a route runner and become more consistent catching the football, but saying he's like Heyward-Bey is admitting that you've never bothered to watch him play.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Well, let me first start by saying Troy Williamson was 6-1 203 and Heyward Bey is 6-2 220. Ginn is the only small, skinny one among those listed. I think Perriman fits the profile for a straight-linish guy based on my review of his games. I'm not the only one who feels this way and there are other very knowledgeable individuals here who see the same thing.

But every year, some see things that others don't and vice versa. Even if you know a player really well, sometimes you turn out to be wrong. MD and I both know from experience here. Even the best evaluators in the business know that. With all that said, I respect anyone that takes time to analyze and assess players on a deep level. My personal review and evaluation leads me to believe Perriman has potential, but I don't see enough to tab him a first rounder. I found it interesting that he chose not to run the shuttle or three cone drills -- primary measurements of quickness, agility, and change of direction. On tape I see that while his initial burst is good, his ability to reaccelerate after having to stop is a step below some of the others in this class.

At best, to me, I see a borderline late 2nd round guy, but more an early 3rd rounder. Obviously, don't see him as a "bad" player, just not among the elite prospects in the WR class.

That's fair, I can respect a difference in opinion...

As for Heyward-Bey, he WAS listed at 6-2, 210, so on paper, the size is similar, but again, that's why although I take measureables into consideration, I always cross reference with the eye test, and on the field in pads, Perriman looks and plays bigger. Something that doesn't show up on the numbers is weight distribution and the type of frame a player has. Perriman is built more like Dez Bryant, with broad shoulders and a thick bubble- and it shows up on tape with him running through arm tackles.

There is enough evidence on tape that shows Perriman creating after the catch, going over the middle, out muscling defenders, high pointing passes, making RAC plays in traffic that make me wonder where his reputation as a "straight linish" athlete comes from. The players mentioned before, I don't think ever really showed these abilities in college.

And I hope you didn't mistake me for implying that Perriman is a lock to be great, he has his flaws, and even players without significant flaws can get exposed in the NFL.

I've been dead wrong about players I thought would be excellent pro's (Knowshon Moreno comes to mind...), I also got bashed to death hyping up and accurately predicting we would trade up for Colin Kaepernick 3 years ago.

Same reasons I was high on and adamant about Kaepernick are the same reasons I'm high on and adamant about Perriman- people don't realize how off-the-charts his measureables, competitiveness and natural talent are, and I feel his "flaws" are ones that have more to do with repetition and learning than a lack of physical ability.

The amount of ridicule I'm getting over Perriman is nothing to what people were giving me in insisting Kap was gonna be the best QB out of "Plutonium Grade" Cam Newton, "Polished and Pro Ready" Christian Ponder, the farce that was the Gabbert hype, and Andy "The Red Pocket Rocket" Dalton.

Truth of the matter is, like Kap, there will be some GM's/scouts that will be nit-picky and impatient with players who aren't totally polished, and agree with your sentiment... and there will be scouts/GM's that will see natural playmaking ability and speed/size combo only comes around every few years.

I suppose we shall find out our answers in the next 2-3 years
The guy's late, 2nd-round material IMO.

I'm trying to think of the last time a 6-2, 215 lb WR that ran a 4.2 and had 1k rec playing with a terrible QB lasted in the 2nd round....

Even if you don't think he'll pan out in the NFL, when a guy puts up never before seen size speed numbers, and was productive in college... somebody's gonna roll the dice on that player in the 1st.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Mocks and draft ratings get a bit wonky this time of year. I feel like the "experts" and "analysts" try to rock the boat just like politicians try to bring new news to their campaigns. Mariota is now #1 overall after the Winston hype. And Perriman is a top 15 WR because he had a good pro day. Tape doesn't lie. He's a good player, but he needs to refine a lot of his game if he really wants to succeed in the NFL.

He looks more like a James Jones/Dwayne Bowe vs. Ginn/Patterson/etc. Deep threat? Not really. But solid playmaker that can take catch the ball and get YAC with solid juke and power moves.

I'm trying to think of the last time a 6-2, 215 lb WR that ran a 4.2 and had 1k rec playing with a terrible QB lasted in the 2nd round....

Even if you don't think he'll pan out in the NFL, when a guy puts up never before seen size speed numbers, and was productive in college... somebody's gonna roll the dice on that player in the 1st.

Cody Latimer is 6-2 215 had 1,000 yards with a bad QB and ran a 4.39 (wasn't a 100% either because of surgery on foot) at his pro-day..he was drafted 56th last year.

I agree someone will jump on him in the 1st based on potential. He could take over Torrey Smith's role in Baltimore (IMO they are very similar coming out of college). I would prefer someone that is a precise route-runner that can cause problems for the LOB. I still hate how we underused SJ last year.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Cody Latimer is 6-2 215 had 1,000 yards with a bad QB and ran a 4.39 (wasn't a 100% either because of surgery on foot) at his pro-day..he was drafted 56th last year.

I agree someone will jump on him in the 1st based on potential. He could take over Torrey Smith's role in Baltimore (IMO they are very similar coming out of college). I would prefer someone that is a precise route-runner that can cause problems for the LOB. I still hate how we underused SJ last year.

Graded Latimer as a 1st round talent last year. Roasted one of the top CBs in last year's class and displayed ferocious blocking ability. Like OBJ, Latimer also played basketball in school and the ball skills he had and upside I saw were tantalizing. Very interested in seeing how he does in year two in Denver. Latimer to me was leaps and bounds a better prospect than Perriman is right now. I think some people knocked him for coming from a very poor program at Indiana who is not exactly known as a WR factory.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 14, 2015 at 7:43 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Graded Latimer as a 1st round talent last year. Roasted one of the top CBs in last year's class and displayed ferocious blocking ability. Like OBJ, Latimer also played basketball in school and the ball skills he had and upside I saw were tantalizing. Very interested in seeing how he does in year two in Denver. Latimer to me was leaps and bounds a better prospect than Perriman is right now. I think some people knocked him for coming from a very poor program at Indiana who is not exactly known as a WR factory.

I agree, I thought he was a late 1st round talent. I was hoping we were gonna grab him in the 2nd, but it didn't work out that way.

I was commenting that LTB said he didn't remember a player of Perriman's size/speed with 1,000 yards and a poor QB lasting until the 2nd.
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 47s47 seconds ago

Ravens WR Breshad Perriman suffered a partially torn ACL in his left knee, per @jamisonhensley and me. Needs second opinion for surgery.

Tough start for this guys career
Share 49ersWebzone