LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Post - 1

Originally posted by DeUh:
4th Round Selection WR DeAndre Smelter 6-2 222 Georgia Tech - Comp Pick -

vs Virginia 2014

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/180246-deandre-smelter-georgia-tech/#post3

vs Georgia Southern 2014

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/180246-deandre-smelter-georgia-tech/page3/#post35

vs Clemson 2014

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/180246-deandre-smelter-georgia-tech/page3/#post38

Here Is What I Wrote In His Thread

Smelter is someone you pick in the 4th round because of his ACL injury (2nd round talent) and stash on IR for a year.

- Fluid athlete
- Nice release
- Fires off the los
- Controlled footwork
- Runs with a natural forward lean
- Good timing
- Explodes in and out of his breaks
- Fantastic hand-eye coordination
- Catches the ball at the highest Point
- Is able to adjust to throws
- Very rarely drops a pass
- Gets separation on vertical routes
- Plays very physical
- Vicious blocker
- Respected for his work ethic and leadership

Not asked to run a full route tree in Johnsons scheme but shouldnt have an issue running any route in the NFL.

Here Are Two GIFs

http://giant.gfycat.com/ObviousFantasticAmericancrow.gif
http://giant.gfycat.com/CoarseColdCuckoo.gif

X2,I hope this happens come draft day.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
So you like a guy with a torn ACL that won't help in any way in 2015, but you don't like a guy that fills a huge need in a field stretching WR? I'd be pump to get him and Sheldon with our 1st two picks.

what? I like White @ 15 and Smelter@4-5 both when Smelter is healthy can stretch the field and make contested catches,I really like Smelters` game He is a Playmaker.
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
So you like a guy with a torn ACL that won't help in any way in 2015, but you don't like a guy that fills a huge need in a field stretching WR? I'd be pump to get him and Sheldon with our 1st two picks.

what? I like White @ 15 and Smelter@4-5 both when Smelter is healthy can stretch the field and make contested catches,I really like Smelters` game He is a Playmaker.

You said you didn't like Smith that was my main point, I don't hate Smelter but he won't contribute anything this year. What don't you like about Smith in the 2nd? He fills a need that this team hasn't had in a while.
You said you didn't like Smith that was my main point, I don't hate Smelter but he won't contribute anything this year. What don't you like about Smith in the 2nd? He fills a need that this team hasn't had in a while.

ok ,yeah i said I did`nt think Smith should be taken @ 15,Smith is fast ,but I have watched a lot of Ohio St. games since I live in Big 10 country,and I have not seen Him run any other routes other then go routes and maybe a skinny post,I skeptical of how welll will He adjust to the pros and the pro-route tree.

ok ,yeah i said I did`nt think Smith should be taken @ 15,Smith is fast ,but I have watched a lot of Ohio St. games since I live in Big 10 country,and I have not seen Him run any other routes other then go routes and maybe a skinny post,I skeptical of how welll will He adjust to the pros and the pro-route tree.

Yeah I don't think he should be the pick at 15. I have white at my 1st pick in my mock, not sure he is there though. I hope Cleveland goes FA for WR.

Djax wasn't even close to polished as a route runner coming out of college and his turned into a good weapon that teams have to game plan for. I see that in Smith. It will come down to work ethic to see if he wants to become a more polished WR.

Can't hate those stats though 33 rec 12 TDs lol. He really came on when Jones started.

I like his stats against Michigan ST and Wisconsin.... both teams have top pass defenses and the Spartans have some top corners.

Michigan ST 160 yards 1 TD Wisconsin 140 yards 3 TDs.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

Yeah I don't think he should be the pick at 15. I have white at my 1st pick in my mock, not sure he is there though. I hope Cleveland goes FA for WR.

Djax wasn't even close to polished as a route runner coming out of college and his turned into a good weapon that teams have to game plan for. I see that in Smith. It will come down to work ethic to see if he wants to become a more polished WR.

Can't hate those stats though 33 rec 12 TDs lol. He really came on when Jones started.

I like his stats against Michigan ST and Wisconsin.... both teams have top pass defenses and the Spartans have some top corners.

Michigan ST 160 yards 1 TD Wisconsin 140 yards 3 TDs.
Agreed.
I would be totally fine if the draft went this way. In that case the only change I would make to the draft is add a CB in the 3-4 rounds. A little earlier then where you have McCain to add a little bigger CB. 5'9 just isnt going to cut it with much bigger recievers. I know we have some guys drafted last year that will finally be able to compete but depth at the DB spots would be great
Just my humble opinion.
Good draft work though
Excellent job DeUh! Very neat and easy to read, and only one changes I would make are very minor, such as keeping Cox over Culliver. That depends on what the coaches are seeing from the players.

I really like Shelton and the rest of your picks are all reasonable. Not sure they will all be available but none of us have a crystal ball! Some of the popular mocks have everyone I like going before pick 15, but if Shelton or White are their I'd be torn!
Share 49ersWebzone