There are 230 users in the forums

Post - 1

Is our K under contract? I'd like to get younger at that position.

I don't agree with resigning Gore. Hes a luxury that a good team doesn't have. We need to get younger and more explosive at RB

Also, who's gonna punt return? Ellington did not impress me at all back there.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Can't trade comp picks..........

Other than that, very nice offseason and draft IF they keep Gore and Culliver.

?

Yes I know.

I picked WR DeAndre Smelter with the 4th Round comp Pick and RB Terrell Watson with the 7th round com pick. For the trade I used our 4th + 5th Round pick to move up in the 4th and pick DE/OLB Corey Crawford.

Note

There is a typo in the OP. - 2 comp picks 4th + 7th (not 4th) Round, 4th + 5th Traded To Move Up In The 4th Round (Corey Crawford) -
[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 10, 2015 at 2:47 PM ]
Nice mock
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
Is our K under contract? I'd like to get younger at that position.

I don't agree with resigning Gore. Hes a luxury that a good team doesn't have. We need to get younger and more explosive at RB

Also, who's gonna punt return? Ellington did not impress me at all back there.

1. Yes, until next season (March, 2016).

K Phil Dawson

2014 Cap Hit $4,134,000
2014 Dead Cap If Cut $1,000,000

2. IF they let Gore walk in FA I hope they pick either RB Tevin Coleman or RB Duke Johnson in the 2nd.

3. Ellington, Holiday, Acker, McCain or McCray.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:

Bringing in another rookie WR to sit 3-4th on the depth chart does nothing. If the team really wants a WR i think we need to take a top talent at #15 and take a chance. I dont like drafting skill positions in 1st round, i believe you win with O-line, D-line, and to some extent secondaries. (See the "top" WRs in the super bowl - NONE).

?
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:

Nice mock

Thanks.
[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 10, 2015 at 2:50 PM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeUh:

?

Yes I know.

I picked WR DeAndre Smelter with the 4th Round comp Pick and RB Terrell Watson with the 7th round com pick. For the trade I used our 4th + 5th Round pick to move up in the 4th and pick DE/OLB Corey Crawford.

Note

There is a typo in the OP. - 2 comp picks 4th + 7th (not 4th) Round, 4th + 5th Traded To Move Up In The 4th Round (Corey Crawford) -

Fixed the Typo in the OP. I hope it´s clear now what I mean.

?

Yes I know.

Note

Fixed the Typo in the OP. I hope it´s clear now what I mean.

It's clear. Nice work.
Great work
Well done ....
Not sure if I see us getting wr Devin Smith...I think the pats may get...I think we need more cb depth as well...what do you suggest going free agency or the draft? Also what cb you think fit our defense the best.
Very, very nice.

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
I would love if Shelton fell to us but it just doesn't seem likely.

I think there is a real chance. He is a Top 10 prospect on my Board but I can see him slide a little because of Team Needs.

The two unknowns to me are Cleveland and NYG

- Ahtyba Rubin is a FA and I don´t think they are sold on Ishmaa'ily Kitchen as their future starter.

- I think the Giants should go pass rusher or OL in the 1st but I recently saw a LOT of their fans pick Shelton.
[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 10, 2015 at 5:17 PM ]
VERY thorough.

Nice mock.

Thanks for the work.
I love this mock. I'd be down with that.

Nice except I just don`t feel right about Devin Smith .....Devin Smith ? hmmmm there something about Him that I just don`t care for,now I love that Smelter Pick.
[ Edited by jrouter4949 on Feb 11, 2015 at 10:16 PM ]
I think there is a real chance. He is a Top 10 prospect on my Board but I can see him slide a little because of Team Needs.

The two unknowns to me are Cleveland and NYG

- Ahtyba Rubin is a FA and I don´t think they are sold on Ishmaa'ily Kitchen as their future starter.

- I think the Giants should go pass rusher or OL in the 1st but I recently saw a LOT of their fans pick Shelton.

I'd be surprised if he lasts to 15. He's being mocked to the Bears and Browns a lot and we can't count on the draft order remaining exactly the same. If Kevin White and Danny Shelton are both available at 12, that's an interesting choice for them. I wouldn't be surprised if Chicago trades down a few picks if there isn't a player they like at 7 and they don't think Shelton is a good value there. The Chargers may try to jump the 49ers if he makes it past the Browns because I believe they are looking for a NT.

I like the draft overall and would be pretty happy about it. I love Devin Smith in the 2nd round - I'd rather have him than Dorsett and I don't think Coates or Green-Beckham will be there, so Smith is the next best option as a WR with speed. Thompson in the 3rd round would be a little bit of a reach in my opinion - he's rated as a 6th round prospect on CBS. I think he's a little better than that, but maybe not worth a mid-3rd round pick. I would love Cedric Ogbuehi there in your mock, but we do need depth immediately at swing tackle. Drafting Ogbuehi and bringing in a veteran backup tackle for depth would be ideal in my opinion. He could compete for a starting guard spot once healthy, be a backup swing tackle, and possibly replace Staley in the future at LT.
Share 49ersWebzone