2nd Round WR Devin Smith 6-0 190 Ohio State
3th Round OT Tyrus Thompson 6-5 320 Oklahoma
4th Round DE/OLB Corey Crawford 6-5 264 Clemson
4th Round WR DeAndre Smelter 6-2 222 Georgia Tech - Comp Pick -
5th Round - Traded To Move Up In The 4th Round -
6th Round CB/KR Bobby McCain 5-10 192 Memphis
7th Round OT Chaz Green 6-5 300 Florida
7th Round RB/ST Terrell Watson 6-1 235 Azusa Pacific - Comp Pick -

- 2 comp picks 4th + 7th Round, 4th + 5th Traded To Move Up In The 4th Round (Corey Crawford) -

UDFA

QB Jerry Lovelocke 6-5 200 Prairie View A&M
FB Joey Iosefa 6-0 245 Hawaii
WR Jamal Robinson 6-4 205 Louisiana-Lafayette
OT/OG Doniel Gambrell 6-5 307 Notre Dame College
C/OG Clayton Truitt 6-3 305 Charleston Southern
NT/DT Deon Simon 6-3 344 Northwestern State
ILB Nick Trasher 6-1 240 Tennessee State
DE/OLB Kyle Woestmann 6-3 254 Vanderbilt
S Cedric Thompson 5-11 205 Minnesota
LS Joe Cardona 6-2 241 Navy

2015 San Francisco 49ers Final 90 Man Roster

Offense

QB: Colin Kaepernick, Tarvaris Jackson, Josh Johnson, Jerry Lovelocke
RB: Carlos Hyde, Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, Terrell Watson, Alfonso Smith, Kendall Gaskins
FB: Bruce Miller, Trey Millard, Joey Iosefa
WR: Anquan Boldin, Stevie Johnson, Devin Smith, Bruce Ellington, Quinton Patton, DeAndre Smelter, Chuck Jacobs, Jamal Robinson, Lance Lewis, Trindon Holiday
TE: Vernon Davis, Vance McDonald, Garrett Celek, Derek Carrier, Asante Cleveland, Xavier Grimble
OT: Joe Staley, Anthony Davis, Tyrus Thompson, Jonathan Martin, Chaz Green, Chris Martin, Doniel Gambrell
OG: Alex Boone, Brandon Thomas, Marcus Martin, Joe Looney, Fou Fonoti, Andrew Tiller
C: Daniel Kilgore, Dillon Farrell, Clayton Truitt

Defense

NT: Danny Shelton, Ian Williams, Jerrell Powe, Deon Simon
LDT: Glenn Dorsey, Quinton Dial, Tony Jerod-Eddie, Mike Purcell, Garrison Smith
RDT: Justin Smith, Tank Carradine, Kaleb Ramsey, Lawrence Okoye
OLB: Aldon Smith, Aaron Lynch, Corey Crawford, Corey Lemonier, Chase Thomas, Kyle Woestmann
ILB: Patrick Willis, NaVorro Bowman, Chris Borland, Nick Moody, Shayne Skov, Nick Trasher
CB: Chris Culliver, Tramaine Brock, Dontae Johnson, Leon McFadden, Chris Cook, Kenneth Acker, Keith Reaser, Bobby McCain, Cameron Fuller
S: Antoine Bethea, Eric Reid, Jimmie Ward, Jeromy Miles, L.J. McCray, Cedric Thompson

Special Teams

K: Phil Dawson, Zach Hocker
P: Andy Lee
LOS: Kyle Nelson, Joe Cardona

Tapes / Stats / Info Will Follow
[ Edited by DeUh on May 2, 2015 at 6:16 PM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
1st Round Selection NT / DT Danny Shelton 6-2 340 Washington

Tape vs Stanford 2014

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/danny-shelton-vs-stanford-2014/

Career Highlight Tape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjSO21zK5EQ

ESPN

- Prototypical two-gap defensive tackle
- Massive lower half, strong anchor and powerful upper body
- Heavy handed and consistently jars blockers on tape
[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 12, 2015 at 6:12 PM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Very well done. All the draft picks and FA signings make perfect sense, and they are very good scheme fits.

My only feedback would be that our CB depth is lacking. If we can't resign Cox, we need to sign a FA that's a #2/#3 in my opinion.
I would love if Shelton fell to us but it just doesn't seem likely.

Big fan of building the trenches though
Good mock!

I think your needs are spot on, I hope they extend Smith as well. I think they resign Gore, Culliver and hopefully Skuta as well. I don't see any big FA signing outside of SF either.

If we get Sheldon and Smith Corey Crawford has the size (long arms) that baalke loves as well and if we don't sign Skuta it's a good pickup.

Couple questions though...where did you get your projections? Tyrus Thompson is projected as a 6th rd pick on Cbssports and while I like DeAndre Smelter (dude is a athlete) sucks he won't play this year. I bet he goes later in the 4th because of the ACL and the deep WR draft class.

Thoughts on Breshad Perriman instead of Smelter?

Great write up
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 10, 2015 at 10:52 AM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
2nd Round Selection WR Devin Smith 6-0 190 Ohio State

Tape vs Wisconsin 2014

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/devin-smith-vs-wisconsin-2014/

Tape vs Michigan State 2014

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/devin-smith-vs-michigan-state-2014/

Career Highlight Tape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJoIcwZD1Po

Here Is What I Wrote In His Thread

Has the traits to be a very solid addition to our WR Corp. You won´t build your offense around him but he can be a piece to the puzzle. He is very fast, sudden, makes nice cuts and is a good downfield route runner.

He was a little frustrating to watch up until this year because he dropped some easy ones (most of the times he looked away and started to run before securely catching the ball) but has clearly worked on that.

2th - 3th round wide receiver IMO who can stretch the field and give our offense a new big play threat and a lot more balance.
[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 12, 2015 at 5:27 PM ]
I would argue that one of our top 4 needs is the TE position. Vernon seemed checked out last year and no one is relying on brutal McDonald. With our lack of offensive weapons, we need a threat at the TE spot to open up more for the average WRs we do have.

Bringing in another rookie WR to sit 3-4th on the depth chart does nothing. If the team really wants a WR i think we need to take a top talent at #15 and take a chance.
- I dont like drafting skill positions in 1st round, i believe you win with O-line, D-line, and to some extent secondaries. (See the "top" WRs in the super bowl - NONE).
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Couple questions ...where did you get your projections? Tyrus Thompson is projected as a 6th rd pick on Cbssports and while I like DeAndre Smelter (dude is a athlete) sucks he won't play this year. I bet he goes later in the 4th because of the ACL and the deep WR draft class.

Thoughts on Breshad Perriman instead of Smelter?

I use ESPN, CBS etc for projections and to get an overview but at the end of the day use my own Board (work in progress -> February). Will post more info on Thompson in a few hours.

I like Smelter a a potential Boldin replacement down the line. I gave him a 2nd round grade before his injury so our 4th comp pick looks like a good spot.

I listed Perriman on my Sleeper / Outside of Top 5 List but need to watch more tape. Very interested.
[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 10, 2015 at 4:05 PM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GEEK:
Very well done. All the draft picks and FA signings make perfect sense, and they are very good scheme fits.

My only feedback would be that our CB depth is lacking. If we can't resign Cox, we need to sign a FA that's a #2/#3 in my opinion.

Thanks I appreciate it.

Yes if Culliver and Cox walk in FA I totally agree. If we are able to re-sign 1 of the 2 I like the depth we have at the position.

I´m a huge fan of McCain. Perfect nickel corner / returner (will post more info later on).
[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 10, 2015 at 11:35 AM ]
Hot a fan at all of Shelton. He plays hard when he wants to and not who I want at 15. We have other more important needs. I live in Seattle and have watched every UW game for the last 3 years. I'd rather grap at good NT/DT in the 3rd and draft a great CB, OL or RB if we don't resign Gore.

• crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Hot a fan at all of Shelton. He plays hard when he wants to and not who I want at 15. We have other more important needs. I live in Seattle and have watched every UW game for the last 3 years. I'd rather grap at good NT/DT in the 3rd and draft a great CB, OL or RB if we don't resign Gore.

Also not a Shelton fan and believe he will be off the board by Niners pick. I'm more for drafting Cowboy's replacement - Malcolm Brown, Arki Armstead or Carl Davis and would trade down 5-7 spots from #15 to take one of these and pick up an extra 3rd round pick.
In my mock I had the Niners taking NT Xavier Williams, Northern Iowa with the 5th RD pick.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran

[ Edited by DeUh on Mar 27, 2015 at 8:50 AM ]
I like your proposed signing of Jackson as backup QB. That would give us some more Intel on the seaturds if he's actually smart enough to dispense that info.
Can't trade comp picks..........

Other than that, very nice offseason and draft IF they keep Gore and Culliver.
I can dig I just don't think Smith will be around in the 2nd if he runs a fast .40 time. But if he is this is a great mock.
Share 49ersWebzone