• Veteran
Who's on the clock?
Originally posted by 9moon:
Who's on the clock?

Eastcoast49fan, you are OTC
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
By the way,

are we allow to trade within the division?

for sample, Im running the AFC South, will I be allow to make my own trade???
Ok, we are fully underway now. Please remember to PM the GM up after you once you pick, so that they know they are OTC.

Regarding time limits and trades: 3 hours sounds good, unless someone has let us know they won't be available until a specific time, then we can wait if it's reasonable. Also, if you know you won't be available for a significant period of time, please PM me or one of the other GMs a list (in order) of your picks, so we can make it for you and keep things moving.

Obviously this is only for "business hours", anything done after say 6pm PST or before 9am PST is a bonus, but we won't start the clock on anyone after hours.

In regards to trades, personally I think they should be limited because at this point, it is purely speculative and we don't know which teams are really likely to move up/down. But if anyone really wants to do one, that is fine. Only caveats are that it makes sense and doesn't monopolize time otherwise used to make picks. So, if more than a few of us think the trade is ridiculous or lopsided in some way, it will be vetoed. And please try and set up trades prior to your pick if you think you may want to go that route.

It's fine if you suddenly find yourself in a spot that your picks are all gone and you want to put out feelers for a move, but please don't wait 3-4 hours to pick if you don't have a trade lined up and/haven't gotten the one you want. From my experience with these, trades happen pretty easily and naturally if both sides are interested, waiting it out almost never results in anything more than a delay if you didn't have a possible trade already discussed and/or if you don't get any initial feedback shortly after announcing you are looking to trade.

TL:DR? Trades are fine if they make sense and are done in a timely manner.
Originally posted by 9moon:
By the way,

are we allow to trade within the division?

for sample, Im running the AFC South, will I be allow to make my own trade???

We generally discourage that (for obvious reasons), but if you want to float something out there and people don't think it's unreasonable, I think we could at least consider it. Keep in mind that in the real draft, trading within the division is rare. It does happen, but most teams do not want to do anything to help a divisional rival. And please make sure it is a balanced trade. As much as I would love to make the Seahawks trade the Niners Earl Thomas and a 2nd rounder for Ahmad Brooks, that just isn't happening.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
I'll keep this thing going, I think TexasNiner said he wanted someone to do it so I'll keep tabs on the players drafted.

Thanks man. Like I said, I am unavailable for certain stretches of the day, but I shouldn't go more than a couple hours or so without checking. I updated the original list before I saw your list. I'm totally cool if we want to make your the main one so it can be updated in a more timely manner. I like the noting of who wants to move up/down as well.

Guys, make sure if you're looking to move up/down, you PM Quest4six so he can update the board. And/or use that list to target teams/owners who might be a match for you. If you don't get a response about a trade in a timely manner, just assume it isn't happening and make your pick please. That's often what can really slow these down, people waiting for trade offers that are never coming.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Thanks man. Like I said, I am unavailable for certain stretches of the day, but I shouldn't go more than a couple hours or so without checking. I updated the original list before I saw your list. I'm totally cool if we want to make your the main one so it can be updated in a more timely manner. I like the noting of who wants to move up/down as well.

Guys, make sure if you're looking to move up/down, you PM Quest4six so he can update the board. And/or use that list to target teams/owners who might be a match for you. If you don't get a response about a trade in a timely manner, just assume it isn't happening and make your pick please. That's often what can really slow these down, people waiting for trade offers that are never coming.

Its all up to you. I wish there was a way I could edit the original post but oh well.
If you want to keep the list updated go for it, I don't mind helping with negotiating the trade or sending PMs to guys OTC

If you want I'll just keep mine as a chart for teams wanting to trade. Up to you

But I agree with the bolded. Just a rule of thumb, if you don't have a trade lined up when you are OTC chances are it isn't happening.
Sorry guys - I didn't think it would be my pick so soon after the lull this weekend. I'm open to trading down from Chicago's pick if anyone has a decent offer. If not, I'll make my pick before Scorpion starts (9:00 ET).
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Sorry guys - I didn't think it would be my pick so soon after the lull this weekend. I'm open to trading down from Chicago's pick if anyone has a decent offer. If not, I'll make my pick before Scorpion starts (9:00 ET).

I just realized the PM i sent you wasn't that great of an offer.
I'll give you KC's
1st - 3rd - and Dwayne Bowe to replace that old guy Marshall
I would trade pick 7 for KC's 1st and 2nd round pick (according to the trade chart, that favors KC quite a bit - 1500 for pick 7, 1300 for picks 18 and 50). Bowe is worthless in my eyes with his absurd contract. And yeah, the trade you sent in the PM wasn't very realistic

I would trade pick 7 for KC's 1st and 2nd round pick (according to the trade chart, that favors KC quite a bit - 1500 for pick 7, 1300 for picks 18 and 50). Bowe is worthless in my eyes with his absurd contract. And yeah, the trade you sent in the PM wasn't very realistic

Yeah after I sent it I thought to myself, "he isn't the Raiders GM"
lol

Uh lets see....
I wanted to dump Bowe off on someone, guess you did your research

I would do 1 and 2

Do you officially accept?
Question: Can I trade Minnesota's 11th pick and 3rd round pick (75th overall) for Chicago's 7th pick? Minnesota has an eye for a player I consider BPA at 7 and won't likely fall to 11. It's a need and the BPA and the 11th pick is attractive to Chicago.

The trade values are almost a perfect match.
Trade Totals
Trade A (Bears) Value: 1500
Trade B (Vikings) Value: 1465

Gain/Loss %
Trader A: -2.33%
Trader B: +2.39%

If not, I will trade for Kansas City's pick, but I don't know how realistic it is to move from 18 to 7 with a 2nd round pick.
[ Edited by eastcoast49ersfan on Feb 9, 2015 at 5:41 PM ]
Question: Can I trade Minnesota's 11th pick and 3rd round pick (75th overall) for Chicago's 7th pick? Minnesota has an eye for a player I consider BPA at 7 and won't likely fall to 11. It's a need and the BPA and the 11th pick is attractive to Chicago.

If you think its a fair trade then go for it.
TexasNiner said something about trading with teams in your division...

Originally posted by TexasNiner:
We generally discourage that (for obvious reasons), but if you want to float something out there and people don't think it's unreasonable, I think we could at least consider it. Keep in mind that in the real draft, trading within the division is rare. It does happen, but most teams do not want to do anything to help a divisional rival. And please make sure it is a balanced trade. As much as I would love to make the Seahawks trade the Niners Earl Thomas and a 2nd rounder for Ahmad Brooks, that just isn't happening.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
If you think its a fair trade then go for it.
TexasNiner said something about trading with teams in your division...

Yeah, I saw what he wrote. If I don't make a trade, I would have taken the guy I envision the Vikings taking because he's the BPA and fills a minor need. The trade makes sense, because the position is a bigger need for the Vikings and there are other players who may be available at #11 who aren't as big of a reach, but fill a big need for the Bears. If a lot of people have complaints about the trade, we can cancel it and pretend the Bears drafted him and I am making the Vikings' original pick at #11. This way, there won't be any issues with future picks if the trade is reversed.

The Chicago Bears trade the 7th overall pick to the Minnesota Vikings for the Vikings' first round pick (#11) and 3rd round pick (#76). With the 7th, overall pick, the Minnesota Vikings select Brandon Scherff.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Personaly, I think that we should all agree that as long as it's not a BOGUS trade, lets' allow it...

Afterall, there are teams (in reality) that may feel that they are ONE player away from getting to the Super Bowl and would do a Chicago Bear like "all in" when they traded for Jay Cutler..

While at the same time, there are just teams around the league that may not have graded this Class very hight that would be willing to trade down down and out of the 1st in order to stack up on multiple picks for the future...

I say ALL TRADES BE ACCEPTED... well, aside for like, Drew Brees traded for Ryan Mallett..

Let's be honest real and be fun!!

:)
Share 49ersWebzone