LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

Sports Illustrated Mock 2.0

Has the Niners taking Trae Waynes in the 1st and DGB in the 2nd. I think most would probably be fairly happy with that? This does not take into account any trades but if the 1st goes anything like this, there will be some nice talent available in the 2nd around where we pick. I mean if we resign Cully or Cox this could change but you can never have enough corners, as we saw with our injury plagued season.

Link for those interested: http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/02/04/2015-nfl-mock-draft-two-rounds-marcus-mariota-leonard-williams
I would be content with this.
Much better than McShay's travesty of a mock.
I can't see us taking a corner with the first. Receiver or pass rusher or Baalke trades down.

But, just to mention, I am never right when predicting Baalke's drafting!
Originally posted by genus49:

+1
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
I can't see us taking a corner with the first. Receiver or pass rusher or Baalke trades down.

Baalke has a good record of drafting CB's late. I think we go WR, DE, or DT in the 1st and 2nd.
  • crew
  • Veteran

Totally agree - Devin Smith at #15 ?

I would go DL in the 1st (with a trade down of 10 spots and pick up an extra 2nd rounder) and take Carl Davis, then go WR in the 2nd - DGB could be there, seems people have him going as high as low 1st to upper 3rd round. Justin Hardy seems to be rising into lower 2nd round as well.
[ Edited by crew on Feb 5, 2015 at 11:42 AM ]
OTC called Devin Smith at #15 to be fair but I think we would all be universally unhappy with Smith at that spot. In the 2nd, I'd have no real issue with it. Waynes and DGB are two players capable of starting for us immediately...anytime you have a chance at that, it's a pretty good draft. I don't think Smith can play immediately, at best he begins as a WR #3 IMO, which is why I prefer this mock. If we resign Cully, Cox or both, as many noted we can go DL then WR.
Gets even better he has the 9ers getting DGB in the 2nd.

I think the 9ers will be lucky to re-sign either Cox or Culliever and are going to need a quality CB out of this draft.
[ Edited by LottOfDefense on Feb 5, 2015 at 11:56 AM ]
This is the best mock draft yet this draft does not have much talent teams will take risks imo

TRAE WAYNES? I'd be fine with that. A 6'1" corner that has been clocked at a sub-4.3 40? Dude could end up a legitimate shut-down guy.
Originally posted by English:

This
Originally posted by crake49:
TRAE WAYNES? I'd be fine with that. A 6'1" corner that has been clocked at a sub-4.3 40? Dude could end up a legitimate shut-down guy.
Maybe he could play a little WR too?
I actually have P.J Williams and Quinten Rollins rated above Trae Waynes. While I like his size he is quite lanky and needs about 10lbs of muscle added to his frame. Also, Sports Illustrated is just wrong, IMHO. Waynes physicality is marginal and his run support is a little questionable. You be the judge:

P.J Williams

Quinten Rollins

Trae Waynes

I expect Mangini to be a bit more aggressive on defense that Fangio was. And that will call for our corners to be more physical at the LOS. Plus, our defense is one of the better tackling teams in the league. I don't think Trae Waynes would be good fit for this defense.
Share 49ersWebzone