There are 137 users in the forums

McShay's Mock 2.0

• crew
  • Veteran
Just put up this morning, has Niners taking Devin Smith at #15. Interesting changes, has Armstead going to the Falcons at #8 and has White and Parker taken before #15.
If White would be there at #15, I would take him, if not then trade down 5-7 spots and go DL. I originally in my mock had the Niners doing this and taking Malcom Brown DT, but now see Carl Davis as a better fit to replace Cowboy. Seems like after the Senior Bowl he might move up into the 1st round. Well McShay now has him going at #32 to the Patriots.
McShay also has DGB going to the Chiefs at #18.
Originally posted by crew:
Just put up this morning, has Niners taking Devin Smith at #15. Interesting changes, has Armstead going to the Falcons at #8 and has White and Parker taken before #15.
If White would be there at #15, I would take him, if not then trade down 5-7 spots and go DL. I originally in my mock had the Niners doing this and taking Malcom Brown DT, but now see Carl Davis as a better fit to replace Cowboy. Seems like after the Senior Bowl he might move up into the 1st round. Well McShay now has him going at #32 to the Patriots.
McShay also has DGB going to the Chiefs at #18.

I would take DGB ahead of Devin Smith any day of the year. Devin Smith at #15!? GTFOH.
Originally posted by daragon:
I would take DGB ahead of Devin Smith any day of the year. Devin Smith at #15!? GTFOH.

I`m with you dragon,I watch smith play and he seems to be a "One-Trick-Pony" given if White is not there then I would take DGB. Takin g Paker would be like adding ANOTHER possesion receiver.
[ Edited by jrouter4949 on Feb 5, 2015 at 9:20 AM ]
Originally posted by jrouter4949:

I`m with you dragon,I watch smith play and he seems to be a "One-Trick-Pony" given if White is not there then I would take DGB. Takin g Paker would be like adding ANOTHER possesion receiver.

Gotta coach him up. Everybody isn't perfect coming in the league. This is where your coaching staff makes their money. And he might be more skillful than we know. Him being a one trick pony might be a product of Ohio state's offense. Personally i think him going that high is overboard but you can improve on his skills.
I'm all for grabbing Devin Smith. But we better trade back in the 1st and not grab him at 15

Originally posted by lamontb:
Gotta coach him up. Everybody isn't perfect coming in the league. This is where your coaching staff makes their money. And he might be more skillful than we know. Him being a one trick pony might be a product of Ohio state's offense. Personally i think him going that high is overboard but you can improve on his skills.
true, it might be what the offense wanted from him, He does have the speed we need and seems to have good hands also.
Smith @ 15 I be like
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

They are comparing him to DeSean Jackson. That's serious speed.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Wow. When I look at this guys highlights, I have to wonder why any Niner fan would have a problem with drafting him.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:

Wow. When I look at this guys highlights, I have to wonder why any Niner fan would have a problem with drafting him.

I would guess its the 33 receptions and being barely 6'
Originally posted by crake49:

A lot of 5 wr sets. Elliot and jt barret would run the ball 15+ times each. Watched a lot of buckeye games living in toledo ohio. That would be my guess
Id love to draft him, but only if they get him after the 1st. He'll probably blow up the combine though, so not likely.

He's 6'1", 200 lbs. and has DeShawn Jackson speed and quickness. Overall, I'd like Kevin White, but Devin Smith could definitely stretch the field.
Why in the world would you want DGB? He's like Josh Gordon combined with Aldon Smith.
Share 49ersWebzone