LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

1st Mock Draft - Feb.4th

• crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
1st Round Pick DT Malcom Brown 6'4 320 Lbs. (49ers trade 1st round picks with Bengals, * receive bengals 3rd round pick as well.)

2nd Round Pick OT Cedric Ogbuehi 6'5 300 Lbs ( Tore ACL on Dec.29, Starts season on PUP, Switches to Guard)

3rd Round Pick DE Henry Anderson 6'6 287 Lbs ( Needs no explanation)

*3rd Round Pick RB David Cobb 5"11 229 Lbs ( Potential Frank Gore clone)

4th Round Pick WR Vince Mayle 6'2 220 Lbs ( Ex Basketball player, Strong hands)

4th Round Pick DE Corey Crawford 6'5 270 Lbs ( Did not show up to Senior Bowl, Anticipates run well, Could be Ahmad brooks replacement, potential OLB.

5th Round Pick CB Byron Jones 6'1 196 Lbs (Good talent but has history of shoulder injuries, Starts season on PUP)

6th Round Pick TE Rory "Busta" Anderson 6'5 230 Lbs (Good hands, fluid runner, decent blocker, has some toughness to his game, underweight.

7th Round Pick OLB Davis Tull 6'3 240 Lbs (More athletic Dan Skuta, High motor.)

7th Round Pick WR Deon Long 6'0 190 Lbs (Underated player, crafty, smooth, shifty, makes guys miss tackles, can return punts, can play inside and outside, aggressive.)

UDFA QB Austin Dodge 6'3 220 Lbs (Small school QB, makes good reads, good deep ball, sees the whole field.)

I also had trading down in the 1st for Brown, but have changed over to Carl Davis (McShay now has Davis going in the 1st RD to the Patriots). Davis seems a better fit as Cowboy's replacement. I would go WR in the 2nd, either Dorsett, Devine Smith or Justin Hardy, who is now moving up boards into 2nd round. BTW, McShay now has Devin Smith going to th Niners at #15 in the 1st RD. In the 3rd I like OLB Lynden Trail ( Brooks replacement), like your picks of Cobb and Byron Jones.
I don't like waiting until td 4 to see WR being addressed. I would agree that the draft osgood, but I'd prefer a guy like Dorsett/D Smith in rds 2.

We could use DB help too.

This draft might be realistic- that kinda makes me even more sad
Great start up through the 3rd round, then you lost me. Besides Mayle, I am not aware of any of the other prospects you picked off the top of my head. Watched some video on Dodge and that seems like a good call for an UDFA. Time to hit the prospect rankings on the rest.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
You might be able to squeeze a 4th from the Bengals as well

A big NO to another ACL draft pick, at least in the second. We need players that can play now not a year from now.

Waiting until the 4th to grab a WR no more 4th or later picks to solve a ongoing problem...we need offensive play makers.

I like the the Brown, Cobb, Anderson picks though.

I'm not saying it won't happen, but the Bengals have traded up in the draft something like only 3 times in their franchises history. And IIRC only once in the first round which was going from 5 to 1 to nab Ki Jana Carter. Bengals are not only known as an unlikely team to move up but to think they could be squeezed is pushing it...this is a team that also rarely if ever pursues big name free agents. Mike Brown is a hard guy to squeeze.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
I like the first one better

lol
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
You can never have enough beef, love your top 3.

Thanks, we'll see how things progress as the draft gets closer.

A big NO to another ACL draft pick, at least in the second. We need players that can play now not a year from now.

Waiting until the 4th to grab a WR no more 4th or later picks to solve a ongoing problem...we need offensive play makers.

I like the potential of Ogbuehi, could see him taking Alex Boones spot in 2016. 49ers are becoming know for "redshirting" players with injury ala Brandon Thomas and Tank Caradine. Marcus Lattimore was a completely different story, feel bad for saying but he shouldn't have been anywhere near a 4th round pick.

I would have picked a WR in the 1st or 2nd round but i feel like Trent Balkee has no idea what to look for in a WR. Just being realistic here.
Originally posted by 52isabeast:
I don't like waiting until td 4 to see WR being addressed. I would agree that the draft osgood, but I'd prefer a guy like Dorsett/D Smith in rds 2.

We could use DB help too.

This draft might be realistic- that kinda makes me even more sad

I really fought the urge to take a WR in the 1st/2nd round. I just don't think it's realistic for balkee to pick a good WR early in the draft.

As for DBs we have Keither Reaser and Kenneth Acker coming back from injury. I'm pretty high right now on Reasers potential.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

I'm not saying it won't happen, but the Bengals have traded up in the draft something like only 3 times in their franchises history. And IIRC only once in the first round which was going from 5 to 1 to nab Ki Jana Carter. Bengals are not only known as an unlikely team to move up but to think they could be squeezed is pushing it...this is a team that also rarely if ever pursues big name free agents. Mike Brown is a hard guy to squeeze.

This is very true.

Adjustments will be made as the draft process progresses.

This

Originally posted by crew:
1st Round Pick DT Malcom Brown 6'4 320 Lbs. (49ers trade 1st round picks with Bengals, * receive bengals 3rd round pick as well.)

2nd Round Pick OT Cedric Ogbuehi 6'5 300 Lbs ( Tore ACL on Dec.29, Starts season on PUP, Switches to Guard)

3rd Round Pick DE Henry Anderson 6'6 287 Lbs ( Needs no explanation)

*3rd Round Pick RB David Cobb 5"11 229 Lbs ( Potential Frank Gore clone)

4th Round Pick WR Vince Mayle 6'2 220 Lbs ( Ex Basketball player, Strong hands)

4th Round Pick DE Corey Crawford 6'5 270 Lbs ( Did not show up to Senior Bowl, Anticipates run well, Could be Ahmad brooks replacement, potential OLB.

5th Round Pick CB Byron Jones 6'1 196 Lbs (Good talent but has history of shoulder injuries, Starts season on PUP)

6th Round Pick TE Rory "Busta" Anderson 6'5 230 Lbs (Good hands, fluid runner, decent blocker, has some toughness to his game, underweight.

7th Round Pick OLB Davis Tull 6'3 240 Lbs (More athletic Dan Skuta, High motor.)

7th Round Pick WR Deon Long 6'0 190 Lbs (Underated player, crafty, smooth, shifty, makes guys miss tackles, can return punts, can play inside and outside, aggressive.)

UDFA QB Austin Dodge 6'3 220 Lbs (Small school QB, makes good reads, good deep ball, sees the whole field.)

I also had trading down in the 1st for Brown, but have changed over to Carl Davis (McShay now has Davis going in the 1st RD to the Patriots). Davis seems a better fit as Cowboy's replacement. I would go WR in the 2nd, either Dorsett, Devine Smith or Justin Hardy, who is now moving up boards into 2nd round. BTW, McShay now has Devin Smith going to th Niners at #15 in the 1st RD. In the 3rd I like OLB Lynden Trail ( Brooks replacement), like your picks of Cobb and Byron Jones.

I'm not very high on Carl Davis at the moment. He was DOMINANT in Senior Bowl practices as well as the game but his game tape says otherwise. Seems to take a lot of plays off during games. Also seen reports of his being somewhat arrogant/cocky in interviews with teams at senior bowl. He's a 4th round pick for me at the moment.

Really fought the urge of taking a WR early just don't think it's realistic with the way Balkee has gone about the draft in recent years. I really do like Justin Hardy tho, have a late 2nd round grade on his as of now.

Lynden Trail is an EXTREMELY intriguing player to me. With the future of Aldon Smith being unknown, the 49ers should definitely be weighing their options. I'd take Lynden Trail in the 4th round, but i doubt he makes it past the late 2nd/3rd round.

I like the potential of Ogbuehi, could see him taking Alex Boones spot in 2016. 49ers are becoming know for "redshirting" players with injury ala Brandon Thomas and Tank Caradine. Marcus Lattimore was a completely different story, feel bad for saying but he shouldn't have been anywhere near a 4th round pick.

I would have picked a WR in the 1st or 2nd round but i feel like Trent Balkee has no idea what to look for in a WR. Just being realistic here.

Well baalke doesn't have the 10 plus picks like in years past. No need to burn one early on a play that won't produce anything for a year. I think that's why we should go early on WR he needs the "safer" player because he hasn't been great at finding value for that position . I don't really see much that helps improve the offense in your mock.

Yeah I'm not sure how he came up with Cincinnati as a trade partner. I think if a team wants to move up to 15 it should take more than a 3rd.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Great start up through the 3rd round, then you lost me. Besides Mayle, I am not aware of any of the other prospects you picked off the top of my head. Watched some video on Dodge and that seems like a good call for an UDFA. Time to hit the prospect rankings on the rest.

Thanks for the input. Definitely hard to keep track of all the players in the draft.

Really like what Dodge shows in games. While mostly being a pocket passer, he throws in some read option every once in a while. Could be a good QB to develop. I've noticed he rarely stares down his WRs, reads the whole field.

Yeah I'm not sure how he came up with Cincinnati as a trade partner. I think if a team wants to move up to 15 it should take more than a 3rd.

Revisions will be made for my next mock draft. Thanks for your input guys.
Share 49ersWebzone