LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

MadDog49er First Top 32 Graded Players in NFL Draft

Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Maddog what is your assessment on Shaq Mason of ga tech? Since tech doesn't pass very much its hard to get a feel for his pass blocking but he was as dominant a run blocker as there was in college football last year.

Growing pains in pass blocking, but from reports out of Mobile, improved day by day in pass protection. Probably a mid-late third rounder and possibly a guy who steps in and starts soon. The kid is a road grader.

For me, I'd go with Tomlinson and Miller. Miller was the best player during Shrine week, and nearly pitched a shutout during the game. Reminded me a LOT of Brandon Brooks from a couple years ago.
Mad, how would you feel about us drafting La'el Collins at 15 to replace Iupati?
Originally posted by lamontb:
Soemthign tells me that Cooper is gonna be a bust in the NFL. Not sure why but I just don't see it in him.

What's your take on Malcolm Brown outta TX?

Cooper is still young (still only 20 years old), and yet already polished. He is the most pro-ready of the bunch. I don't see the explosiveness of White, but he is going to be plug and play first training camp. I see very little bust potential.

Brown is interesting. I see a terrific hustle player, but really slow and lumbering. All effort, but runs in quicksand. I see guys like Davis, Shelton, Goldman much better. Brown is going to be limited to only a 34 NT, hogging up blockers on base downs. The other guys have flexibility, and can stay on the field on passing downs.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
did you forget about the best WR in the draft DGB?
Originally posted by kush:
Mad, how would you feel about us drafting La'el Collins at 15 to replace Iupati?

Collins at 15 would be right in the area where I think he could begin to be picked. Can play four spots on the line, and start right away for many, many teams. Best offensive lineman at the Senior Bowl this year. The only red flag is maturity issues in the past, but from all indications, he has grown up quite a bit by returning for his senior year. A mature decision on his part.
Originally posted by jrg:
did you forget about the best WR in the draft DGB?

Keep seeing nightmares of Chris Henry falling out of the bed of a pickup truck. It could be this bad for him. Leaving early shows he is not making smart choices. I wouldn't touch him until the third.

A team like the Seahawks could easily snatch him up late in the first round. Strong veteran leadership and a team that would not implode if he does. Most physically gifted receiver in the draft, and yet, Josh Gordon was also a stud.

Big risk. Team needs to be willing to see that bust happen.

Aren't you glad the team didn't make a move for Gordon this past season. It was discussed that the Niners could make a run at him. That went "Puff", literally and figuratively.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Feb 4, 2015 at 11:34 AM ]
Wow, Kevin White above Amari Cooper? That is a bold statement. Is it because of White's size? No prejudice for the West Virginia system either, I imagine.

Since the top 3 WR's are going to be gone in the top 10, which way do you see the Niners going in the first round for best value?
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Wow, Kevin White above Amari Cooper? That is a bold statement. Is it because of White's size? No prejudice for the West Virginia system either, I imagine.

Since the top 3 WR's are going to be gone in the top 10, which way do you see the Niners going in the first round for best value?

Cooper is so smooth and professional and has the least bust potential, but White is so explosive. Plays angry. I like that aggression. And, I had to lay down my WVU prejudice. A player is a player, no matter where they come from.

The Niners are going to see some solid interior offensive and defensive lineman in this draft at 15, and also maybe pick off the first CB off the board. Waynes and PJ Williams have a shot.
  • Jiks
Nate Orchard(North's most oustanding player) to replace J. Smith.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Feb 4, 2015 at 11:51 AM ]
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Nate Orchard to replace J. Smith.

Totally different player. Orchard is 3-4 OLB edge rusher.

That being said, the team could go with a big DL and draft Shelton (probably not available) or Davis at 15 and play them as 34 DEs.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Feb 4, 2015 at 11:52 AM ]

• Jiks
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Nate Orchard to replace J. Smith.

Totally different player. Orchard is 3-4 OLB edge rusher.

That being said, the team could go with a big DL and draft Shelton (probably not available) or Davis at 15 and play them as 34 DEs.

He won the best DE in the league, and most outstanding North player. I think he could play either or. People don't think he has size, but he lines up everywhere including NT. He has almost every rush move in the book and has already added 30+ lbs since they moved him from WR 2 years ago.
Curveball the team could throw the fans this draft would be selecting Cameron Erving at 15, or maybe shocking the world with Maxx Williams. Both are going to be climbers in the pre-draft process. Erving is far and away the best center in this draft, and may be one of those guys you look back at someday and say, "What a great anchor for a dozen years". Very, very low bust potential. Think Miami and Pittsburgh are happy with the play of the Pouncey boys. He might be that good.
He won the best DE in the league, and most outstanding North player. I think he could play either or. People don't think he has size, but he lines up everywhere including NT. He has almost every rush move in the book and has already added 30+ lbs since they moved him from WR 2 years ago.

He weighed in at 250 pounds at the Senior Bowl. He simply doesn't have the frame to carry an extra 30+ pounds.
  • Jiks
He weighed in at 250 pounds at the Senior Bowl. He simply doesn't have the frame to carry an extra 30+ pounds.

We'll see. Not sure he's 15 pick material, but if he's there in the 2nd it would be a huge mistake to let him slide. I think he is better than former Ute Paul Kruger who is playing extremely well for Cleveland.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Davis certainly drew the praise of being "unblockable" at the Senior Bowl. As far as White, I'm hoping he can pick up an NFL system better than Tavon Austin, but he certainly has the physical attributes. I like the way he wins contested jump ball situations and repeatedly beat the press coverage against Alabama.

Davis was great in practice, and in my opinion, the best player in the game. He blew up so many plays in the backfield.

Given the loss of Ray Mac and imminent loss of Cowboy either this year or next, I think Baalke will go after a guy like Davis in the first. Baalke seems to go after guys that are projected later than where they are taken (Reid, Ward, Aldon) and also likes prototypical size for the position. I would say Davis has it, especially if he is going to play on the end.
Share 49ersWebzone