LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

Revise Offseaon and Mock

My last Mock I used some of Geek

Assumptions: - We restructure Kap, Willis, S. Johnson. - Goodbye Gore, Wilhoite, Iupati, Crabtree, Key
Trades: - Ahmad Brooks for Browns 2015 5th round pick - Michael Wilhoite for Bears 2015 6th round pick

For that I am sorry (SMH)

Revise Mock the last one I did was quick one on my lunch break and I got killed for it LOL. So I wanted to do a revise one and put it out there. I have got ideas from all over the place which everyone does because we don't know everyone. This my thinking and reasoning of who we should get in the offseason and draft.

Kap when he did the deal it left a lot of room move money around the Baalke had a 3year plan and was counting on this. Even if we restructure we will still be alright

Willis get a two year deal that will take him to 2019 also lowering the cap

S.Johnson there is no way Baalke pays him 6mil he is from the bay so I think he would restructure to stay home.

I hate to see Gore gone I am hearing the Colts who he like to join, that would be a good fit but hate to see him go even though he said he would come back I hope so .

Crabtree I just think it's time to go in another direction the injures killed him.

Iupati will command a lot of money think he ends up in Buffalo]

Key Trades: - Ahmad Brooks for Browns 2015 5th round pick they wanted him and we almost trade him

With his cap number coming down for performance could be attractive also look out for Washington - Michael Wilhoite for Bears 2015 6th round pick. Two things to look at one the bear's linebacker suck and Fangio he knows his system. Key Cuts: Craig Dahl - S

Might =Vernon Davis Free Agency Signings and resigns: Free agency we don't have to break the bank for none of these.

We will not mess up the plan so don't expect a lot of restructuring.

CB Pcox I think we can resign him Cully might be out our price rang.

QB Matt Moore if we run Kap we need to have a good backup even though he not like Kap he is a good back. When we had Alex Kap played free

CB Brandon Flowers this is a wishful pick he could be out our price range.

TE Charles Clay When our passing game was at its best is when we had Delanie Walker. Vance McDonald has not became that yet but look at this and let know what you think

If we can get him he can really open us up on offense.

DE Corey Peters a good player to help with depth.

Looking at the Roster a lot of people say why so many DB and WR?

Here what I think

Next year on the roster

WR Boldin 2016

Ellington 2018

Patton 2017

Johnson 2017

We have no one past 2018 out of this four who do extend maybe Patton or Ellington. So think we need least two WR.

CB

Brock 2018

Johnson 2018

Ward 2018 (holds 5 year)

Acker 2018 (RA)

Reaser 2018 (RA)

At one point ward is supposed to move to safety

Draft

WR JAELEN STRONG

Everyone wants White but I don't think he makes it out the top ten. Plus every year who is hot one we don't get plus Baakle like them long with big hands. If you look at Alshon Jeffry Mike Evans the was not blazing fast they run past you and catch TDs after the combine his stock will rise.

2. CB Marcus Peters The kid has swagger you need that at CB if we don't sing some this might be first pick I think we can get here but he might move up after the combine.

3. RB Duke Johnson I love to get him here that is just wishful thinking they want to run the ball with him and Hyde would be hard to stop I would not be shock if they take in the second

4. DE/DT Henry Anderson special team and rotation

4. OLB Lynden Trail heard good stuff from the senior bowl

5. WR Stefon Diggs This boy is fast should have went back to school but in two years should be a steal.

6. G Jarvis Harrison Development

7. CB Nick Marshall Development could be a steal was CB at Georgia

7. OT Rob Havenstein Lefeld did a nice job of blocking for Gunner Kiel in 2014, but is a developmental project for the NFL.
[ Edited by D-49ers on Feb 3, 2015 at 5:12 PM ]
You might want to change "Geeek" to "Geek" or there might be some people who grill you again
Thanks jordanroberts88 I don't want no problems LMBO!!!!
Would be EXTREMELY dissapointed if we drafted Strong. Just another slow, possession receiver to an already over-stocked slow, possession receiving core.
He is faster then ones we got plus he 6-3 can out jump most DBs watch after the combine
who cares who he can out jump at the combine? he's not out jumping the 6'3 cornerbacks in OUR division. besides, that's not how intelligent teams attack seattle.

and if he is faster then our current WRs its by a extremely marginal amount. basically would not help alleviate our issues of stacked boxes and teams showing no respect for our lack of vertical threats. No thanks.
[ Edited by sf_nicoya on Feb 3, 2015 at 6:22 PM ]
  • crew
  • Veteran
Like Lynden Trail, read Niners have talked to him. Rather draft Perriman in the 3rd than take Strong or Diggs.
Not that high on Anderson, short arms, rather trade down in 1st and take Malcolm Brown and pick up an extra 3rd round pick..
But if you look at the 5 round pick he runs a 4.39 plus name me a reciever where we at that is going run a 4.44 where we pick. White cooper and Parker going in the top ten then what do we have. Tell me what receiver would be good?
If you look at our DT we all ways developed good with lower pick we still have the best teacher so why spend a hight pick on a DT?
Originally posted by D-49ers:
My last Mock I used some of Geek

Assumptions: - We restructure Kap, Willis, S. Johnson. - Goodbye Gore, Wilhoite, Iupati, Crabtree, Key
Trades: - Ahmad Brooks for Browns 2015 5th round pick - Michael Wilhoite for Bears 2015 6th round pick

For that I am sorry (SMH)

Revise Mock the last one I did was quick one on my lunch break and I got killed for it LOL. So I wanted to do a revise one and put it out there. I have got ideas from all over the place which everyone does because we don't know everyone. This my thinking and reasoning of who we should get in the offseason and draft.

Kap when he did the deal it left a lot of room move money around the Baalke had a 3year plan and was counting on this. Even if we restructure we will still be alright

Willis get a two year deal that will take him to 2019 also lowering the cap

S.Johnson there is no way Baalke pays him 6mil he is from the bay so I think he would restructure to stay home.

I hate to see Gore gone I am hearing the Colts who he like to join, that would be a good fit but hate to see him go even though he said he would come back I hope so .

Crabtree I just think it's time to go in another direction the injures killed him.

Iupati will command a lot of money think he ends up in Buffalo]

Key Trades: - Ahmad Brooks for Browns 2015 5th round pick they wanted him and we almost trade him

With his cap number coming down for performance could be attractive also look out for Washington - Michael Wilhoite for Bears 2015 6th round pick. Two things to look at one the bear's linebacker suck and Fangio he knows his system. Key Cuts: Craig Dahl - S

Might =Vernon Davis Free Agency Signings and resigns: Free agency we don't have to break the bank for none of these.

We will not mess up the plan so don't expect a lot of restructuring.

CB Pcox I think we can resign him Cully might be out our price rang.

QB Matt Moore if we run Kap we need to have a good backup even though he not like Kap he is a good back. When we had Alex Kap played free

CB Brandon Flowers this is a wishful pick he could be out our price range.

TE Charles Clay When our passing game was at its best is when we had Delanie Walker. Vance McDonald has not became that yet but look at this and let know what you think

If we can get him he can really open us up on offense.

DE Corey Peters a good player to help with depth.

Looking at the Roster a lot of people say why so many DB and WR?

Here what I think

Next year on the roster

WR Boldin 2016

Ellington 2018

Patton 2017

Johnson 2017

We have no one past 2018 out of this four who do extend maybe Patton or Ellington. So think we need least two WR.

CB

Brock 2018

Johnson 2018

Ward 2018 (holds 5 year)

Acker 2018 (RA)

Reaser 2018 (RA)

At one point ward is supposed to move to safety

Draft

WR JAELEN STRONG

Everyone wants White but I don't think he makes it out the top ten. Plus every year who is hot one we don't get plus Baakle like them long with big hands. If you look at Alshon Jeffry Mike Evans the was not blazing fast they run past you and catch TDs after the combine his stock will rise.

2. CB Marcus Peters The kid has swagger you need that at CB if we don't sing some this might be first pick I think we can get here but he might move up after the combine.

3. RB Duke Johnson I love to get him here that is just wishful thinking they want to run the ball with him and Hyde would be hard to stop I would not be shock if they take in the second

4. DE/DT Henry Anderson special team and rotation

4. OLB Lynden Trail heard good stuff from the senior bowl

5. WR Stefon Diggs This boy is fast should have went back to school but in two years should be a steal.

6. G Jarvis Harrison Development

7. CB Nick Marshall Development could be a steal was CB at Georgia

7. OT Rob Havenstein Lefeld did a nice job of blocking for Gunner Kiel in 2014, but is a developmental project for the NFL.

Better write up ... I don't want Strong at 15. He is a fringe 1st rd product, while he has shown consistence in college and I do like his size I don't see him as a #1 and that's what you'd be shooting for at 15. I don't get why people want a CB so soon? Like you said we have 5 CBs under contract until 2018 and we most likely resign Cully or Cox (and you have us getting Flowers). I don't see Ward moving to safety anytime soon with the play of Bethea.

Diggs reminds my of Ginn or AJ...not a fan sorry. I like Duke (like you said might be gone) Strong is fine if it's a trade down scenario, and I'd like to see a little more focus on the DL especially if we lose the cowboy.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 4, 2015 at 12:07 PM ]

Yea my hope is White or Parker slip to us but Baalke always go in a different direction and I can see him falling for him if we trade down and get a 3rd that good also. DL I think we will get one in Free Agency thanks for the feed back and we always developed good.
Sign and trade wilhoite? Or are u saying we will put a 6th round tender on him?
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Feb 4, 2015 at 9:27 AM ]
he is (RFA) 6th round tender right now he is better than any Chicago linebackers.
The problem w/pre FA mocks is we don't know what players have been re-signed and/or acquired. That said, I think they'll re-sign Cox...he's a valuable DB and at times was the best CB on the field last season. Not so sure they'll let Wilhoite go...he's the most experienced reserve ILB. Guess it'll come down to a battle between him & Moody.

As for Vernon, he should have a big year...it's his contract season. Pretty sure Baalke would have to be completely sold he's back to pre-2014 form for him to re-sign Vernon.

I like the WR Strong, but not really as a #15 pick. That's where I can see Baalke grabbing one of the top DL...because with Ray Mac gone and Justin possibly so, Tomsula needs an infusion of top talent to replace them. Eddie Goldman or Malcolm Brown would be great additions because they both play effectively inside and out. JT's not about to allow his DL to lapse...it's been the key to our defense for years and needs to stay that way.

I like Peters and Duke Johnson. Agree we need a tough CB and a RB to pick up the slack if Gore bolts.

With Vernon entering his contract season, there's little receiving talent behind him. A playmaking TE is a must in this draft.

There's also a need for a better swing OT than J Martin...waiting 'til 7th rd might not be the answer.
Share 49ersWebzone