LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Daragon's 2015 Mock Draft (February)

Now that we have a better picture of our coaching staff, here is my mock offseason and draft for February.

49ers FA's Re-Signed:
  • DL Tony Jerod-Eddie (ERFA)
  • ILB Michael Wilhoite (ERFA)
  • LS Kyle Nelson (RFA)
  • OLB Dan Skuta (UFA)
  • CB Chris Culliver (UFA)
  • CB Chris Cook (UFA)

49ers FA's Leaving:
  • TE Garrett Celek (RFA)
  • QB Blaine Gabbert (UFA)
  • QB Josh Johnson (UFA)
  • RB Frank Gore (UFA)
  • RB Alfonso Smith (UFA)
  • RB Phillip Tanner (UFA)
  • WR Michael Crabtree (UFA)
  • WR Brandon Lloyd (UFA)
  • WR Kassim Osgood (UFA)
  • OG Mike Iupati (UFA)
  • ILB Desmond Bishop (UFA)
  • CB Perrish Cox (UFA)
  • S Bubba Ventrone (UFA)

49er Players Extended:
  • OG Alex Boone
  • ILB Patrick Willis
  • OLB Aldon Smith

49er Players Restructured:
  • WR Stevie Johnson

49er Players Traded:
  • OLB Ahmad Brooks - Traded to Washington for 5th round pick.

NFL FA's Accuired:
  • DE/DT Jared Odrick, Dolphins - He gets to the QB. Is sound against the run. Fits perfectly into our hybrid defense.
  • TE Virgil Green, Broncos - Great athlete. Good hands. Has developed blocking. Kaepernick's college TE.
  • QB Jake Locker, Titans - Injuries have plagued this kid's career to this point. He has good mobility and may be a good fit as our backup QB.

49ers 2015 NFL Draft:
  • 1. DT Danny Shelton, Washington - The top 3 WRs are off the board already. Combination of power, size, and burst will make the 49ers defense that much better. This pick makes Tank, Cowboy, Dial, Aldon, and Lynch all better. You definitely get the bang for you buck here.
  • 2. WR Dorial Green-Beckham, Oklahoma - Shocked? Don't be. This kid has top 10 talent, but he also carries some major concerns with him coming into the draft. The first round will see a lot of WR needy teams make moves on the safer picks, making it easier for Dorial to move to the Niners in the second round. The 49ers will have to do their homework on this kid and make sure they surroud him with a great supporting cast. I think our locker room and coaching staff are the perfect fit for him.
  • 3. OG Laken Tomlinson, Duke - This kid held his own against our first round draft pick, Danny Shelton, at the Senior Bowl. I can see him being a great run blocker at the next level. He'll develop as a backup for his rookie year. Could start if there is an injury on the line.
  • 4. RB David Johnson, Northern Iowa - Big back. Great hands. He runs too upright, but he is fairly shifty and impressed at the Senior Bowl.
  • 4. CB Quinten Rollins, Miami (Ohio) - Ball skills, ball skills, ball skills. (Comp Pick)
  • 5. OLB Deon Barnes, Penn State - Decent pass rusher. Did fairly well at the Senior Bowl. (Washington Pick)
  • 5. WR Vince Mayle, Washington State - Comes from a pass heavy offense. Did well at the Senior Bowl.
  • 6. S Matthias Farley, Notre Dame - Will be a good special teams player.
  • 7. OLB Noah Spence, Ohio State - Good pass rusher. Problem kid though.
  • 7. TE Rory Anderson, South Carolina - Camp body. (Comp Pick)
[ Edited by daragon on Feb 4, 2015 at 7:59 AM ]
It's hard for me to imagine the Pats passing on DGB if he falls to them.
Really good one.. one nit-pick would be Rollins available in late rd 4? that's a bit too optimistic.
Originally posted by jordanroberts88:

Is WR a big need of theirs? I would presume they would focus on drafting something else.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Really good one.. one nit-pick would be Rollins available in late rd 4? that's a bit too optimistic.

It may be dude, but it's really difficult to project where he'll go. My thoughts are that he needs more development then some of the other DBs in that range? He also isn't the biggest guy.
Originally posted by daragon:

Is WR a big need of theirs? I would presume they would focus on drafting something else.

I think amendola has been a disappointment. They seem to be a team that likes to take on risky players that have a lot of potential. I would for him to fall to us in the second BTW
  • GORO
  • Veteran
I think amendola has been a disappointment. They seem to be a team that likes to take on risky players that have a lot of potential. I would for him to fall to us in the second BTW

Also the Sea hawks have to consider drafting him as well!
Yah 9ers don't need a back up QB you're right.
Originally posted by Heisenberg:
Yah 9ers don't need a back up QB you're right.

Oops. I left that out. I'll edit it when I get home. Thanks.
  • All22
  • Veteran

The Pats will definitely take Duke Johnson though. He's the perfect replacement for Vereen.

we imagine that you pick one through FA :)
  • crew
  • Veteran
Definitely DL in the 1st round, like Shelton, prefer trading down a bit in the 1st to get an extra 3rd and take Malcolm Brown.
I wouldn't mind DGB with the 2nd round pick, bur he's probably off the board by then and as GORO pointed out, Seahawks may very well take him in the 1st and say goodbye to Lockette or if the Rams don't take a WR in the 1st, may take DGB in the 2nd.
Tomlinson might have moved himself up to the 2nd round after the Senior Bowl, would love to get him though.
David Johnson is too much like Hyde for me, think Niners would want to go smaller, shiftier at RB, thinking Duke Johnson in the 2nd or Jeremy Langford in the 4th.
Quentin Rollins won't last pass the upper 3rd round, again would love to see him in a Niner uni. Like the Vince Mayle WR pick in the 5th.
[ Edited by crew on Feb 3, 2015 at 6:00 PM ]
I still think there's a chance DGB is one of the first 3 WR's taken. I would be shocked if he is taken after a WR not named Cooper, Parker, or White. He would have to bomb the pre-draft interviews to fall to our 2nd round pick.

This is another draft where almost every player is projected to be taken well before you have them going to us.
CBS rankings:
Shelton 7 (1st)
DGB 25 (1st)
Tomlinson 50 (2nd)
Johnson 93 (3rd)
Rollins 31 (1st-2nd)

I do like the positions you have us picking in each round. I'd probably only pick up one WR and let Ellington and Patton battle it out for the 4th WR spot unless we can get a speedster like Dorsett, Crowder, or Lockett in the 3rd to pair with a bigger WR.
Originally posted by communist:
we imagine that you pick one through FA :)

Exactly! Lol
Originally posted by crew:
Definitely DL in the 1st round, like Shelton, prefer trading down a bit in the 1st to get an extra 3rd and take Malcolm Brown.
I wouldn't mind DGB with the 2nd round pick, bur he's probably off the board by then and as GORO pointed out, Seahawks may very well take him in the 1st and say goodbye to Lockette or if the Rams don't take a WR in the 1st, may take DGB in the 2nd.
Tomlinson might have moved himself up to the 2nd round after the Senior Bowl, would love to get him though.
David Johnson is too much like Hyde for me, think Niners would want to go smaller, shiftier at RB, thinking Duke Johnson in the 2nd or Jeremy Langford in the 4th.
Quentin Rollins won't last pass the upper 3rd round, again would love to see him in a Niner uni. Like the Vince Mayle WR pick in the 5th.

Thanks for your input. Appreciate it man. I may needto do a little more research on where these guys are currently expected to get drafted.
Share 49ersWebzone