LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

February Mock

Geek...finally someone who sees the 1st rd value in Malcolm Brown. I love both him and Eddie Goldman because of their size, toughness, quickness and how effectively they play inside and out. Looking down your mock, I really like it. Also happy to see you recognize the importance of drafting a tough OL who can play both OT and OG. One of the best mocks I've seen to date.

Resignings: Skuta, yes, love his blue collar mentality. Cully...I think Baalke will try, but expect him to re-sign Cox first. Perrish has become the jack-of-all-trades DB, thus has really become valuable. If Cox is re-signed, Baalke probably doesn't sign McClain.

I really get McPhee...but not Alualu. Think Odrick would be more versatile and therefore valuable.

I'm not sure about trading Wilhoite...he's the most experienced ILB reserve Tomsula has. Borland's great, but guess the question is Moody...is he ready to replace Wilhoite? Convince me.

Some other candidates for restructuring would seem to include Bowman, Staley & AD...all count big against the cap.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Geek...finally someone who sees the 1st rd value in Malcolm Brown. I love both him and Eddie Goldman because of their size, toughness, quickness and how effectively they play inside and out. Looking down your mock, I really like it. Also happy to see you recognize the importance of drafting a tough OL who can play both OT and OG. One of the best mocks I've seen to date.

Resignings: Skuta, yes, love his blue collar mentality. Cully...I think Baalke will try, but expect him to re-sign Cox first. Perrish has become the jack-of-all-trades DB, thus has really become valuable. If Cox is re-signed, Baalke probably doesn't sign McClain.

I really get McPhee...but not Alualu. Think Odrick would be more versatile and therefore valuable.

I'm not sure about trading Wilhoite...he's the most experienced ILB reserve Tomsula has. Borland's great, but guess the question is Moody...is he ready to replace Wilhoite? Convince me.

Some other candidates for restructuring would seem to include Bowman, Staley & AD...all count big against the cap.

I think Cully provides more upside vs. Cox, and I have a strong feeling Cox ends up in Chicago to work under Fangio and Donatell again. But completely understand your point.

Not sure if we can afford McPhee AND Odrick. Alualu is cheaper and strong against the run. And I think Alualu and Carradine and split snaps at DE. But ideally, i'd like to sign both.

Wilhoite will carry a $1.5M RFA tag if we resign him. With Borland proven his worth, I think we can trade Wilhoite and get 2 rookies for the price of one Wilhoite.

Thanks for the kind words.
Very nice mock. But I would prefer grabbing a CB in the 2nd over Duke.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
big, big chance sims never is a winning starter. poor arm finesse.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xcfan:
big, big chance sims never is a winning starter. poor arm finesse.

That's the reason he's projected as a 5th-7th round pick.
Do you see Ward as an effective strong safety?
You have to take Devin Smith if he's still there in the second. The guy is another DeShawn Jackson waiting to happen with probably a better attitude.
Share 49ersWebzone