There are 195 users in the forums

2015 Draft: Niners trade up scenario's

Originally posted by 9moon:
I like the idea of Detroit trading up to our spot and landing (RB) Melvin Gordon.. We can get their 1st this year and 1st next year..

Then watched the Atlanta Falcons moved up and offer us their 2nd this year (40th overall) and 1st next year in order to land Todd Gurley (RB) ...

Boy I don't see teams moving up in the 1st for a RB...we've seen plenty of late rd RBs produce and I don't see a high value for that position anymore, plus this is a pretty deep draft at RB.

But ya I wouldn't mind a couple teams fighting over a RB in the 1st and we trade picks with them.
Originally posted by DarkShinobiX:
Is Leonard Williams worth trading up for?

He is the best player in the draft and has been compare to JJ Watt and Richard Seymour. He is a strait beast and I'd love to move up for him.

I think Cooper is a stud as well and if he is still there at 10 we should make a move. Those would be my only two players I'd like to see them move up for.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
INDY would be a good trader partner... we've always had a great relationship with them..

New England exposed Indy's weakness on offense (WRs) so I expect this team to be eyeing on the stud WRs this year... the whole organization knows that the team do not need much players and would not mind moving up and packaging a future 1st rounder (this is what we shoul've done the last 3 years w/ all the extra picks)..

So we may just see Indy give us this year's 1st and next years' 1st for the 15th overall.. Wayne is retiring, so new blood must be inserted..
It's sux we don't need a running back, because Melvin Gordon is the next Jamaal Charles, and Gurley is the next D Murray..
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
I like the idea of Detroit trading up to our spot and landing (RB) Melvin Gordon.. We can get their 1st this year and 1st next year..

Then watched the Atlanta Falcons moved up and offer us their 2nd this year (40th overall) and 1st next year in order to land Todd Gurley (RB) ...

Indy could be a trade partner as well, for the same player.

Not if they land Frank Gore this offseason. Lol
  • dj43
I would imagine Baalke will be making some moves, if he can find a trading partner.

My concern is that the rest of the league is still pretty pissed off at the way the Harbaugh deal went down and will only deal with the 49ers if they get a very good deal. IOW, the 49ers have to give up a lot in order to get what they want.

I will be very interesting to see how the FA season goes this year. If a lot of current players leave, the draft will be critical. (obvious) OTOH, if the FO is able to restructure key contracts and keep FAs, then they can package some picks/players and move up to get an impact player.
INDY would be a good trader partner... we've always had a great relationship with them..

New England exposed Indy's weakness on offense (WRs) so I expect this team to be eyeing on the stud WRs this year... the whole organization knows that the team do not need much players and would not mind moving up and packaging a future 1st rounder (this is what we shoul've done the last 3 years w/ all the extra picks)..

So we may just see Indy give us this year's 1st and next years' 1st for the 15th overall.. Wayne is retiring, so new blood must be inserted..

I agree that indy would be a good trade partner, but getting their 1st rounder this year and next isn't very realistic IMO. I think we could get their 1st and 3rd, and a 2nd next year.

We traded with the Cowboys in similar draft positions 2 years ago and we gave up a 1st and 2nd.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
With the our 15th spot, Indy will have to give their 1st this year and 1st next year... I would not settle anyting for less just because Indy will always be part of the last 8 teams that will be drafting and that's because they are good.. they are, again, an impact player away or two in getting to the Super Bowl..

Baalke must not be dumb enough to agree to give up our 15th spot, and received 3 picks that will be at the lower part of the draft...

I agree that indy would be a good trade partner, but getting their 1st rounder this year and next isn't very realistic IMO. I think we could get their 1st and 3rd, and a 2nd next year.

We traded with the Cowboys in similar draft positions 2 years ago and we gave up a 1st and 2nd.

I thought we gave Dallas our 1st # (31) and a third rounder to move up to Dallas # 17 ? in the first to get FS Reed....?

Indy could be a trade partner as well, for the same player.

After that Trent Richardson debacle I doubt they will be trading away another 1st rounder for a RB. The value just isn't that great for RB's in the 1st round.

If the Lions jump up in order to get a RB in the first round, they are the dumbest franchise I've seen in awhile.
They could jump for a DT they like given that Suh and Fairley are FAs this off-season.
Originally posted by dj43:
I would imagine Baalke will be making some moves, if he can find a trading partner.

My concern is that the rest of the league is still pretty pissed off at the way the Harbaugh deal went down and will only deal with the 49ers if they get a very good deal. IOW, the 49ers have to give up a lot in order to get what they want.

I will be very interesting to see how the FA season goes this year. If a lot of current players leave, the draft will be critical. (obvious) OTOH, if the FO is able to restructure key contracts and keep FAs, then they can package some picks/players and move up to get an impact player.
lol@that, sorry. This is the NFL where grown, professional guys are sitting in the front offices and not some princess-like sissies who take everything personal.

why should a GM take a firing personal which was never his business anyway?
I think the 49ers should actually trade down and pick up a 2nd or 3rd. We need bodies with talent. Lets face it, Iupati, Ray Mac, Crabtree and Justin all gone prob so that is gonna leave Huge voids to fill. And if 49ers stay pat at 15?? I would atleast entertain the thought of a trade down to say 25 to 30 and pick up a 2nd or 3rd because 49ers still are talented team when healthy.

Why not add 6 picks in the top 120. If I was a GM that would be my strategy is to add or have or try to get 6 picks in the top 120 picks. That's how you build rosters & depth and starters and plug & play talent.
  • dj43
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by dj43:

lol@that, sorry. This is the NFL where grown, professional guys are sitting in the front offices and not some princess-like sissies who take everything personal.

why should a GM take a firing personal which was never his business anyway?

A GM will do ANYTHING to improve the team, including asking for more just because that is the way the wind blows.
  • dj43
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I think the 49ers should actually trade down and pick up a 2nd or 3rd. We need bodies with talent. Lets face it, Iupati, Ray Mac, Crabtree and Justin all gone prob so that is gonna leave Huge voids to fill. And if 49ers stay pat at 15?? I would atleast entertain the thought of a trade down to say 25 to 30 and pick up a 2nd or 3rd because 49ers still are talented team when healthy.

Why not add 6 picks in the top 120. If I was a GM that would be my strategy is to add or have or try to get 6 picks in the top 120 picks. That's how you build rosters & depth and starters and plug & play talent.

Brandon Thomas steps in for Iupati. (I am not assuming Iupati leaves. He had an off year and may not get the money his agent may seek. Supposedly he wants to come back.)

Dorsey can move out to fill McDonald's DE spot. It is a more natural position for him anyway.

Crabtree will need to be replaced and that guy may be there at 15 but not at 25.

Justin Smith will be very hard to replace. Won't know until after the combine who might fit the spot. In the meantime, Tank Carradine might prove to be the guy. He should be ready in 2015.
Share 49ersWebzone