LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

Snowed in mock...

I think trading back is ok, but I'm not a fan of DGB. Besides his off the field immaturity, he plays way too soft for a big man. I don't think he can beat press coverage.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Resign
Cully 3 yrs 10 million
Gore 1 yr 3 million
Skuta 3 yrs 5 million

Walk
Crabtree
IIUPATI
Gabbert
Cox
Lloyd

Extend/restructure
Smith
Johnson
Williams
Boone
Willis
Staley

Cut
Dahl
Martin

Trade
Brooks to Washington 6th rd pick..

FA signees
Dt Alualu 1st rd pick who I see getting better with better players around him..Glenn Dorsey type revival with us
Back up qb...who..??? Wait for OC signed

Justin smith decides to retire unfortunately but on the bright side saves us $$

Draft

1st rd trade..every player at the position of need (wr and DL) who are worth being picked at 15 are gone so we trade back..we get an extra 3rd by moving back 10 spots..25th overall we draft DGB..a beast a monster a mismatch tall strong fast but has problems that I hope have stopped..

2nd rd trade we move up 7 spots giving up our 2nd and next yrs 4th to grab our dline in Arik Armstead out of Oregon..this kid is huge and physical and hopefully will be our future opposite tank..

3rd rd cb out of Oregon..IFO EKPRE OLUMO injury special that I'm ok with bc I feel our cbs are strong IF we resign cully..

3rd rd rb out of Boise state Jay Ajayi everytime I watched him play he impressed..a smaller Eddie lacy type..was looking for a speed quick back to pair with Hyde but idk who..

4th rd OT out of South Carolina Corey Robinson back up takes over for Jonathan Martin who will be better

5th rd TE out of Oklahoma Blake Bell so many are calling him the best sleeper

6th rd WR out of ND Davaris Daniels wasn't eligible this yr bc of academics unsure he declares tho

6th rd pass rusher Devonte Fields out of TCU who played juco this yr bc he wasn't eligible and unsure why..if you do know plz tell..maybe we hit a he again on a late round pass rusher with problems

7th rd S Isaiah Johnson out of Georgia tech was talked about being a top safety after his freshman year but fell off..

53 man

Kap
Gore Hyde Ajayi
Miller
Davis McDonald bell Millard
Boldin Johnson DGB Ellington Patton Daniels
Davis Robinson
Boone Martin
Kilgore
Thomas looney
Staley

Tank Alualu
Dorsey Williams dial
Armstead TJE Ramsey
Smith skuta
Willis wilhoite
Bowman Borland
Lynch lemonier fields
Brock cully dj ward reaser
Reid Johnson
Bethea mcray

Dawson
Lee
Nelson

Thoughts plz..?

Like the resigns, I'll take Cully over Cox. I hope they extend A Smith, not sure you need to restructure Boone, Williams, Staley.

I could see Baalke going after a failed 1st or 2nd rd draft pick in FA (seems to do that every year).

I'm on board with a trade down in the 1st and I think they would get way more than a 3rd rd pick going down 10 picks in the 1st. ( I hope Mariota falls to us so we can trade with Philly).

I'm cool with DGB at 25 and honestly I'd rather have a vet QB as a backup over any of the QBs in this draft...that position is weak this year and I don't really see this current staff developing a QB (hope I'm wrong).

Arik Armstead is intriguing for sure, if there is a position that this staff CAN develop it would be DL so that's kinda why I'm all for waiting until later to draft a D-lineman.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
I think trading back is ok, but I'm not a fan of DGB. Besides his off the field immaturity, he plays way too soft for a big man. I don't think he can beat press coverage.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Resign
Cully 3 yrs 10 million
Gore 1 yr 3 million
Skuta 3 yrs 5 million

Walk
Crabtree
IIUPATI
Gabbert
Cox
Lloyd

Extend/restructure
Smith
Johnson
Williams
Boone
Willis
Staley

Cut
Dahl
Martin

Trade

FA signees
Dt Alualu 1st rd pick who I see getting better with better players around him..Glenn Dorsey type revival with us

Draft

1st rd trade..every player at the position of need (wr and DL) who are worth being picked at 15 are gone so we trade back..we get an extra 3rd by moving back 10 spots..25th overall we draft DGB..a beast a monster a mismatch tall strong fast but has problems that I hope have stopped..

2nd rd trade we move up 7 spots giving up our 2nd and next yrs 4th to grab our dline in Arik Armstead out of Oregon..this kid is huge and physical and hopefully will be our future opposite tank..

3rd rd cb out of Oregon..IFO EKPRE OLUMO injury special that I'm ok with bc I feel our cbs are strong IF we resign cully..

3rd rd rb out of Boise state Jay Ajayi everytime I watched him play he impressed..a smaller Eddie lacy type..was looking for a speed quick back to pair with Hyde but idk who..

4th rd OT out of South Carolina Corey Robinson back up takes over for Jonathan Martin who will be better

6th rd WR out of ND Davaris Daniels wasn't eligible this yr bc of academics unsure he declares tho

6th rd pass rusher Devonte Fields out of TCU who played juco this yr bc he wasn't eligible and unsure why..if you do know plz tell..maybe we hit a he again on a late round pass rusher with problems

7th rd S Isaiah Johnson out of Georgia tech was talked about being a top safety after his freshman year but fell off..

53 man

Kap
Gore Hyde Ajayi
Miller
Davis Robinson
Boone Martin
Kilgore
Thomas looney
Staley

Tank Alualu
Dorsey Williams dial
Armstead TJE Ramsey
Smith skuta
Willis wilhoite
Bowman Borland
Lynch lemonier fields
Reid Johnson
Bethea mcray

Dawson
Lee
Nelson

Thoughts plz..?

Like the resigns, I'll take Cully over Cox. I hope they extend A Smith, not sure you need to restructure Boone, Williams, Staley.

I could see Baalke going after a failed 1st or 2nd rd draft pick in FA (seems to do that every year).

I'm on board with a trade down in the 1st and I think they would get way more than a 3rd rd pick going down 10 picks in the 1st. ( I hope Mariota falls to us so we can trade with Philly).

I'm cool with DGB at 25 and honestly I'd rather have a vet QB as a backup over any of the QBs in this draft...that position is weak this year and I don't really see this current staff developing a QB (hope I'm wrong).

Arik Armstead is intriguing for sure, if there is a position that this staff CAN develop it would be DL so that's kinda why I'm all for waiting until later to draft a D-lineman.

Seems like you basically understand everything about my mock..I agree we can get more then a 3rd for moving down 10 spots..also I'm guess your snowed in as well considering your ny niner n I'm jersey niner..both born 85 too lol I heard there is a niner bar in the city..do you kno where it is ?
I really liked the draft but not sure if both the Ducks drop that far. Plus the drafting injured/redshirt guys may not be a luxury that we have this year.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but don't we still have Hunter coming back next year. Thought he extended a year.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
No really arguing just asking opinions and yes I've heard he would rather stay with the colts bc it will help his chance of becoming a HC again..but until we hire an OC I hope for him..if it's not him it's mike shanahan..right ? So who were back ups in Washington that know his system ? I want as much help for kap as possible..

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12235327/rob-chudzinski-remains-indianapolis-colts-coaching-staff

Yup just literally read it..sucks..

Yeah it does.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Resign
Cully 3 yrs 10 million
Gore 1 yr 3 million
Skuta 3 yrs 5 million

Walk
Crabtree
IIUPATI
Gabbert
Cox
Lloyd

Extend/restructure
Smith
Johnson
Williams
Boone
Willis
Staley

Cut
Dahl
Martin

Trade

FA signees

Draft

53 man

Kap
Gore Hyde Ajayi
Miller
Davis Robinson
Boone Martin
Kilgore
Thomas looney
Staley

Tank Alualu
Dorsey Williams dial
Armstead TJE Ramsey
Smith skuta
Willis wilhoite
Bowman Borland
Lynch lemonier fields
Reid Johnson
Bethea mcray

Dawson
Lee
Nelson

Thoughts plz..?

Seems like you basically understand everything about my mock..I agree we can get more then a 3rd for moving down 10 spots..also I'm guess your snowed in as well considering your ny niner n I'm jersey niner..both born 85 too lol I heard there is a niner bar in the city..do you kno where it is ?

HA I'm upstate NY not too many 49er fans up here just tons and tons of Giant and Pat fans....and we didn't get any of the snow it's just -10 out!
Nice mock and good idea on Alualu.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Nice mock and good idea on Alualu.

Thanks..I think Alualu will be a good pick up..still young and talented..should be hungry and dedicated to finally play with great players..
I'd like to see Culliver re-signed, but he could arguably get more $$ by testing the FA waters. If that happens, letting Cox go would be a big mistake. There were times this past season he was the best CB on the field. He's a versatile player and Baalke should be able to re-sign him for a reasonable salary.

Following your recipe, Gabbert would walk, but you didn't mention re-signing Josh Johnson, who's also a UFA. Who are you advocating Baalke to sign as Kap's b/u? You also didn't draft a QB, which would leave Tomsula with Kap and a vet b/u. Think it's important to draft someone they could groom...say maybe a Shane Carden.

What Smith are you advocating to restructure/extend? And which is it, restructuring or extending. Williams...what kind of extension? You left AD off the restructure list...and his cap hit is @ $6.6M.

Getting a draft pick for Brooks makes sense...pretty sure Baalke will try for something better than a 6th though.

I don't get signing Aluala...I looked at 3-4 different FA rankings and he's virtually nowhere to be found. Highest rank I saw was #28 by Rotoworld. Odrick seems to be consistently ranked in the top 10. The few times I've seen him I wasn't that impressed, but he's gotten quite a few analyst's attention.

Again, what vet QB are you saying Baalke should sign? If it's Hasselback he's all but done in the NFL...39 going on 40. I'd rather keep Josh Johnson.

As for the draft:

I don't think anyone (maybe even Smith) knows if Justin retires or not. Whether he does or not, I disagree with your notion there's not a worthy player for Baalke to draft at #15. That's about where DE Eddie Goldman will likely go. If he's gone, there's still Malcolm Brown, a similar player. Both guys are effective inside and out, so would bring skill and versatility to the DL.

Something tells me Baalke will be reluctant to take a WR in the 1st rd...could happen, but after the 2012 debacle, I'm thinking he goes DL first. Losing Ray Mac and potentially Justin Smith is a ton of talent & experience to replace. I doubt he's convinced either Carradine or Jerrod-Edie (if re-signed) are anything close to reliable starters. in rd 2, Devin Smith has the speed and big-play ability that's been lacking for years.

I really doubt Olumo's still on the board in rd 3. Just about every ranking I've seen, he's at or near the top...definitely in the top 5. CB's who have speed and can really cover don't last long in the draft.

I like Ajayi, too...just have to hope he's still available in rd 3.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I'd like to see Culliver re-signed, but he could arguably get more $$ by testing the FA waters. If that happens, letting Cox go would be a big mistake. There were times this past season he was the best CB on the field. He's a versatile player and Baalke should be able to re-sign him for a reasonable salary.

Following your recipe, Gabbert would walk, but you didn't mention re-signing Josh Johnson, who's also a UFA. Who are you advocating Baalke to sign as Kap's b/u? You also didn't draft a QB, which would leave Tomsula with Kap and a vet b/u. Think it's important to draft someone they could groom...say maybe a Shane Carden.

What Smith are you advocating to restructure/extend? And which is it, restructuring or extending. Williams...what kind of extension? You left AD off the restructure list...and his cap hit is @ $6.6M.

Getting a draft pick for Brooks makes sense...pretty sure Baalke will try for something better than a 6th though.

I don't get signing Aluala...I looked at 3-4 different FA rankings and he's virtually nowhere to be found. Highest rank I saw was #28 by Rotoworld. Odrick seems to be consistently ranked in the top 10. The few times I've seen him I wasn't that impressed, but he's gotten quite a few analyst's attention.

Again, what vet QB are you saying Baalke should sign? If it's Hasselback he's all but done in the NFL...39 going on 40. I'd rather keep Josh Johnson.

As for the draft:

I don't think anyone (maybe even Smith) knows if Justin retires or not. Whether he does or not, I disagree with your notion there's not a worthy player for Baalke to draft at #15. That's about where DE Eddie Goldman will likely go. If he's gone, there's still Malcolm Brown, a similar player. Both guys are effective inside and out, so would bring skill and versatility to the DL.

Something tells me Baalke will be reluctant to take a WR in the 1st rd...could happen, but after the 2012 debacle, I'm thinking he goes DL first. Losing Ray Mac and potentially Justin Smith is a ton of talent & experience to replace. I doubt he's convinced either Carradine or Jerrod-Edie (if re-signed) are anything close to reliable starters. in rd 2, Devin Smith has the speed and big-play ability that's been lacking for years.

I really doubt Olumo's still on the board in rd 3. Just about every ranking I've seen, he's at or near the top...definitely in the top 5. CB's who have speed and can really cover don't last long in the draft.

I like Ajayi, too...just have to hope he's still available in rd 3.

1st I'm really hoping we resign cultivar..he and hopefully a healthy Brock will be a great duo on the outsides..

2nd as for the back up qb I was really thinking we can pull off stealing chud and sign either hassleback or maybe hoyer to help kap with the playbook..I want a vet as a back up bc I honestly don't like this years crop of qbs in this draft..I'm waiting on who is signed as Oc..

3rd I'm referring to Aldon for extending bc his cap hit is high and it will save us big..and in the long run if he actually does right it will wind up being a discount..as for Williams I'd like to extend him bc I think he is young and with him in we were better up front but injuries are tough so I'm thinking maybe 3 yrs 5 million plus incentives and as for AD I didn't kno his cap number was so high.. Definitely needs to be restructured..

4th Alualu I think can be a Dorsey type pick up..low risk high reward..a 1st round talent who didn't pan out as expected..but also like Dorsey didn't play on a team stacked on d like we are..plus. Baalke is known for these type of signings..

5th as for justin smith I hope he doesn't retire but I think he will..it's understandable that you disagree with me trading back but I think dline is less of a need compared to wr considering wrs don't progress so great like last years group..plus boldin is gone next yr..losing Crabtree and Lloyd this year..I feel we we can get a good d linemen in the 2nd..trade up like I did while we received more pics by trading down in the 1st and still got who I think will be the best wr in the draft if he stays out of trouble

6th I'll agree its more of a hope Olumo is around in the 3rd..if so it's a steal and maybe a dream lol

7th Ajayi I also really like a lot n hope he's around..

Ok so I think I covered everything..maybe not but those are my reasoning for my choices and opinion on my mock..
[ Edited by jersey49er on Jan 28, 2015 at 5:15 PM ]

Share 49ersWebzone