There are 150 users in the forums

Marcus Peters

Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Baalke investing a lot of time on this kid he has all the tools and the best CB in this class but like DGB immaturity is the ? Wouldn't hate it!

Peters' red flags are nowhere near the red flags of DGB. Peters had an argument with his coaching staff. An issue that has since been resolved.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
I be good with that. Brah my gut says Armstead, he's the guy I want least. You don't draft 1st round at 15 for potential, we need starter with the first pick! Whether trading down or not

He gets stuck in my craw as well. Armstead is such an un sexy pick.
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Baalke investing a lot of time on this kid he has all the tools and the best CB in this class but like DGB immaturity is the ? Wouldn't hate it!

Peters' red flags are nowhere near the red flags of DGB. Peters had an argument with his coaching staff. An issue that has since been resolved.

They both got kicked off the team bruh maturity is the ? But love the kids talent the best CB in this draft IMO
[ Edited by 49er_Rider on Apr 21, 2015 at 8:52 PM ]
The only thing I hate about him is that his mentor is Marshawn Lynch and he's tight with some seacocks
It's hard not to be a little scared about Peters, but deep down I think Peters is to CBs as Dez Bryant is to WRs. Bryant has had his share of sideline tirades, but he's a fantastic football player. I think Peters has lockdown CB ability and is probably the best press corner in this class. Teach him to play within our system and he could star for years to come.

Reading up on Peters, he talks about how recently becoming a father has changed him, and the fact that he was able to reconcile with his coach leads you to believe the attitude/character issues have to be somewhat overblown.

Still, all this meeting could just be posturing, but you never know until the day of the draft.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
It's hard not to be a little scared about Peters, but deep down I think Peters is to CBs as Dez Bryant is to WRs. Bryant has had his share of sideline tirades, but he's a fantastic football player. I think Peters has lockdown CB ability and is probably the best press corner in this class. Teach him to play within our system and he could star for years to come.

Reading up on Peters, he talks about how recently becoming a father has changed him, and the fact that he was able to reconcile with his coach leads you to believe the attitude/character issues have to be somewhat overblown.

Still, all this meeting could just be posturing, but you never know until the day of the draft.

this.

if we draft him, and i'd be absolutely ecstatic if we do, he better stay away from #21
  • mr_P
This is our guy at 15. I am going to be disappointed if we don't pick him. Mangini loves to use press coverage and Peters is the best press corner in the draft.
[ Edited by mr_P on Apr 22, 2015 at 7:41 PM ]
I admit I was staunchly against Peters for the last couple of months but I have evolved. My issues with Peters has mostly been about attitude. He has diva qualities that clash with team first mentality. I think that he can overcome these issues with the right setting. All great CBs have an attitude on some level. Very rarely do you find a humble one with great production. Peters could end up being a great player in time. The skill set is there.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
I admit I was staunchly against Peters for the last couple of months but I have evolved. My issues with Peters has mostly been about attitude. He has diva qualities that clash with team first mentality. I think that he can overcome these issues with the right setting. All great CBs have an attitude on some level. Very rarely do you find a humble one with great production. Peters could end up being a great player in time. The skill set is there.

Some reports have noted his maturity levels getting better, especially after his child was born this year.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Baalke would've done well to read this thread.

You picked the best player didn't ya, baalke?

Wanted Peters from the start... He's a future top 5 CB and i'm sad we passed him up. That being sad, still happy we took Amsted because his potential is huge and he had a good rookie year. Thought he came along well. Vrable (interviewing for DC) has worked with Watt and such and I think can help Armstead a lot. I hope we get him as DC btw, and Armstead was a good pick. Still liked Peters more and not surprised as his production.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xcfan:

You essentially answered your own question back in March :

The guy is an alpha on the field. An ornery dog of a competitor. Has nfl success written all over him.
Hes going to alter game plans.
If he passes the character test, NOT a reach at 15.

This team was not investing early draft picks into players with character flags thanks to Aldon and Ray Macs frequent run ins with the law.

Peters was the 2nd best corner. Darby didn't get the ints but played better than Peters did and all 32 teams passed on him
This thread is irrelevant in this forum room.
Share 49ersWebzone