LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

Marcus Peters

I haven't seen him but I trust the feedback from the Zone. The last shutdown corner we had was Deion, it's about time.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I haven't seen him but I trust the feedback from the Zone. The last shutdown corner we had was Deion, it's about time.

Well that's your first mistake.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Well that's your first mistake.

we're all the BEST gm don't you know this
He was definitely on my radar as the guy they would/could target, but this news solidifies it for me. Probably like Jimmy Ward, he's likely to get off to a bumpy start early in career, but once he gets his technique down and trusts the guys around him, he should turn into a top press-man corner.

Sometimes kids like this have to go through some tough times before they can learn/mature. Getting kicked off the team at U-Dub was probably the best thing that could've happened to him. He learned about consequences and how quickly the game can be taken away from him if he acts a fool.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
He was definitely on my radar as the guy they would/could target, but this news solidifies it for me. Probably like Jimmy Ward, he's likely to get off to a bumpy start early in career, but once he gets his technique down and trusts the guys around him, he should turn into a top press-man corner.

Sometimes kids like this have to go through some tough times before they can learn/mature. Getting kicked off the team at U-Dub was probably the best thing that could've happened to him. He learned about consequences and how quickly the game can be taken away from him if he acts a fool.

does the bolded directly relate to Peters being raw with questionable technique? Or due to his attitude. For Ward i know initial struggles pertained to going from Safety to Slot DB.

After watching the tape of him against Strong I'd agree he could become a top press-corner....I actually love his attitude (on the field).

I think it was great for him to get everything patched away with the UW coaching staff. To be a man about it and apologize and to have the coaching staff vouch for him as a competitor and football player. To me, that takes away any red flags. The guy keeps his emotions on his sleeve.
On a highlight of Peters intercepting a pass he began to taunt the receiver before Peters' teammate reminded him to run back the interception.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

does the bolded directly relate to Peters being raw with questionable technique? Or due to his attitude. For Ward i know initial struggles pertained to going from Safety to Slot DB.

It was related specifically to Peters. Any rookie CB will have to adjust/improve their technique as the athletes he'll be facing every week are (on the whole) simply better and more polished in the NFL You can get sloppy in college and still make big plays, but you will get exploited more often than not in the NFL when you lose your technique. So just saying, it might be rough for him early on (as it was for Ward, but for different reasons), but overall he has the right skills/mentality to develop into a top-flight press corner.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AsianJeff:

I think it was great for him to get everything patched away with the UW coaching staff. To be a man about it and apologize and to have the coaching staff vouch for him as a competitor and football player. To me, that takes away any red flags. The guy keeps his emotions on his sleeve.

Wow I didn't know that, that's awesome of him. That right there has to say something about his character , I'm gonna root for the kid even more.

LOL at the thread that says Peters shouldn't be drafted because

a. he got kicked off the team
b. he's good friends with Marshawn
c. looked average against good competition
d. doesn't compete
Peter King just mocked this guy to #15 which means we won't draft him.

d. doesn't compete

He looked good against strong this year
Originally posted by NYniner85:

d. doesn't compete

He looked good against strong this year

He did. He allowed that TD, but that was, if i remember, the only catch he allowed. He was very physical with a much bigger Strong and it looked like he got in his head real early into the game.
if we get

Strong, Perriman, Dorsett...(either of them) and Marcus Peters....Dang. what a first 2 rounds.
Share 49ersWebzone