LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 300 users in the forums

DL/OLB - Shane Ray - Missouri

I wonder how far he'll drop now? Second round?
He'll be there at 15. He's a nice consolation at a potential position of need (next year).
Jason Cole ‏@JasonPhilCole 2m2 minutes ago
As 1 GM said again today, couldn't field a team if you eliminated all pot users. At same time, Shane Ray is a big dummy.
Originally posted by strickac:
He'll be there at 15. He's a nice consolation at a potential position of need (next year).

I just can't see us taking him now. Maybe if it was an old and isolated incident, but THE WEEK OF THE DRAFT?! That does not bode well.
Just idiotic. With this and the surgery, have to wonder if he falls out of the first, a la Janoris Jenkins. You just can't do this crap. Incredibly talented guy with incredibly horrible decision-making.
Talk about bad timing compounded by the fact if they do use the first round pick he can't be a red-shirt this year.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Talk about bad timing compounded by the fact if they do use the first round pick he can't be a red-shirt this year.

Why not?
Originally posted by slowriot:
I wonder how far he'll drop now? Second round?

Yikes. Terrible decision Shane. I suppose the silver lining is that the new team will better understand the help he needs.

Is the league able to suspend him for this? I'd think a looming suspension and possible surgery would definitely bump him out of round 1. Maybe he'll end up a Day 2 redshirt pick a la Tank.
Dave MatterVerified account‏@Dave_Matter

Ray was cited for Class C misdemeanor possession & for failure to drive in right lane. Issued a warning for speeding. Was cooperative
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Why not?

Would think that Baalke doesn't have the luxury of waiting.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
I'm pretty sure Wild Bill from New England would use his 1st on Ray Ray..
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by slowriot:
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 4m4 minutes ago
Matt Miller retweeted Brandon Kiley

Per @BKSportsTalk, Missouri defender Shane Ray cited for marijuana possession this morning outside Columbia, MO.

What a dummy....man what's the deal in Missouri?

jrg is to blame
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
What a dummy....man what's the deal in Missouri?

Obviously some bomb ass weed.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Per Missouri State Highway Patrol (via our desk): Shane Ray issued a citation for having up to 35 grams of marijuana during a traffic stop.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Also, according to info from 5 NFL teams, Shane Ray failed a drug test early on in his career at Missouri. That comes back to haunt him now.

Clubs were willing to overlook Ray's failed drug test after getting to know him the last couple months. This AM's incident changes things.
[ Edited by Jcool on Apr 27, 2015 at 6:20 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone