LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Carl Davis-DL-Iowa

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Really, I wouldnt mind drafting this kid w/the 15th spot..

call it a reach or so, but i would rather get a chance to bring him along that not get a chance at all...
Originally posted by 9moon:

call it a reach or so, but i would rather get a chance to bring him along that not get a chance at all...

Tomsula + Davis= Gold
Wasn't there a report calling out his passion for the game? Former teammates were saying that he would half-ass in practice and just generally thought he was "above" his teammates. I'm not sure about the credibility of the report or where I saw it, but it turned me off from him a little

Too high at 15 late 1st early 2nd not consistent to go that high
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I'm betting on him to turn up HIS notch one level higher for the next 4 years!!
Just noticed that he has been cut yet again. Seems like those effort/work ethic concerns pre-draft were pretty much right on the money.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Just noticed that he has been cut yet again. Seems like those effort/work ethic concerns pre-draft were pretty much right on the money.

Definitely. A guy who just wants to show up and play without putting in any of the other work. That won't cut it in the NFL. As Kyle said, you're either getting better or you're getting worse, and if you're not working.. then the latter is happening.

Davis was a huge talent but like Jachai Polite, another guy who let his gifts completely go to waste by a poor attitude/work ethic.
I'm betting on him to turn up HIS notch one level higher for the next 4 years!!

You bet poorly
Share 49ersWebzone