There are 192 users in the forums

Carl Davis-DL-Iowa

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by buck:
Winners and losers from the 2015 Senior Bowl By Chase Goodbread

Carl Davis, DT, Iowa: NFL Media's Mike Mayock said Davis' play in Mobile might have vaulted him into the first-round conversation. At 321 pounds, he is a force inside and proved to be very difficult to move at the point of attack. Quality defensive tackles are difficult to find at the pro level and Davis' play in Mobile will make him one of the most closely watched defensive linemen at the NFL Scouting Combine next month.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000463448/article/winners-and-losers-from-the-2015-senior-bowl

I looked. I have found nothing that describes him as lazy or arrogant---except for that oft quoted take from Walther.

I am still looking.

NFL Insider has some negative comments in their evaluation--on Toughness and Motor:

Bull in a china shop that's tough to handle when plays hard but inconsistent underachiever. Motor runs hot and cold and better effort rushing passer than chasing run. Can fight through double teams. Can also take easy way out by pulling up one-on-one and trying to sell holding call instead of fighting through. Not an instigator and would like to see him play with more fire in belly. Lacks nasty disposition and aggressive nature.

Come on. Motor runs hot and cold is fairly common.

That Walther report alleged that Davis came across as "lazy" and "arrogant."

I have not seen any other source substantiating that claim.

We are free to believe whatever we want, but at this point I do not accept that report as valid.

It may prove to be correct. Who knows?

[ Edited by buck on Feb 7, 2015 at 10:33 AM ]

We are free to believe whatever we want, but at this point I do accept that report as valid.

Someone earlier in the thread posted the negative comments about Davis. I then hoped it would drop him to the 9ers 2nd round pick. Later, after many glowing articles talked about Davis being the highlight of Senior Bowl week I stated, earlier in this thread...darn, I guess that means the comments aren't true and he won't drop to the second round.

If you are trying to engage me in an arguement...why?
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
[ Edited by DeUh on Dec 22, 2015 at 12:43 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Someone earlier in the thread posted the negative comments about Davis. I then hoped it would drop him to the 9ers 2nd round pick. Later, after many glowing articles talked about Davis being the highlight of Senior Bowl week I stated, earlier in this thread...darn, I guess that means the comments aren't true and he won't drop to the second round.

If you are trying to engage me in an arguement...why?

What argument?

I asked if anyone knew anything about the author of the report and if he could be trusted.

I questioned, and continue to question the validity of the Walther "report" on Davis.

I still do not know who the author is.
[ Edited by buck on Feb 7, 2015 at 10:26 AM ]

We are free to believe whatever we want, but at this point I do not accept that report as valid.

What argument?

I asked if anyone knew anything about the author of the report and if he could be trusted.

I questioned, and continue to question the validity of the Walther "report" on Davis.

I still do not know who the author is.

Come on, Motor runs hot...etc
  • buck
  • Veteran
Come on, Motor runs hot...etc

OK.

Guy had a 5th round projection a few months ago. Dominates at senior bowl practices/game, now projected as a early 1st rounder. Crazy. I'm not buying the hype.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Guy had a 5th round projection a few months ago. Dominates at senior bowl practices/game, now projected as a early 1st rounder. Crazy. I'm not buying the hype.

Been following him for a while and never saw him that low. 2nd and 3rd were the lowest on the sites I frequent...but who knows, some of these sites don't even get the positions or heights right!
  • buck
  • Veteran

Projections from draft pundits may or may not mean very much.

Davis had a very good week at the Senior Bowl. Frequently, it seems, that players move themselves up the draft boards with a good week at the Senior Bowl.

If he has a good combine, he might go in the first, but I still think the second is more likely.

Been following him for a while and never saw him that low. 2nd and 3rd were the lowest on the sites I frequent...but who knows, some of these sites don't even get the positions or heights right!

Very true.

Projections from draft pundits may or may not mean very much.

Davis had a very good week at the Senior Bowl. Frequently, it seems, that players move themselves up the draft boards with a good week at the Senior Bowl.

If he has a good combine, he might go in the first, but I still think the second is more likely.

We'll have to wait and see
  • buck
  • Veteran
We'll have to wait and see

Yep. That waiting is what makes the draft so much fun.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Carl Davis did make the list in the linked article.

These guys did.

Frank Clark, DE, Michigan

Paul Dawson, ILB, TCU

Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma

A.J. Johnson, ILB, Tennessee

Marcus Peters, CB, Washington

Karlos Williams, RB, Florida State

Jameis Winston, QB, Florida

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000468972/article/red-flags-2015-nfl-draft-prospects-with-character-concerns

I have no idea who the author is but no mention of Davis flunking any interviews, being lazy, or acting arrogant.

[ Edited by buck on Feb 9, 2015 at 3:52 PM ]
rooting for the kid
Was hoping they could take WR White in the first and Davis in the second but it looks like both will go way ahead of those picks!
Share 49ersWebzone