• DeUh
  • Veteran
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
[ Edited by DeUh on Dec 22, 2015 at 12:45 AM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
I'm very interested. I will definitely keep an eye on him.
Too rich at 15, but if there is any way he is sitting there at #46, which I doubt, the team would have to take a LONG look.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Only questions about Davis that I have are in regard to his effort level and consistency. A lot of concern with him taking plays off, with his motor being all over the place.

Scouts Inc brings up these same issues in their profile.

Toughness/Motor-4-Bull in a china shop that's tough to handle when plays hard but inconsistent underachiever. Motor runs hot and cold and better effort rushing passer than chasing run. Can fight through double teams. Can also take easy way out by pulling up one-on-one and trying to sell holding call instead of fighting through. Not an instigator and would like to see him play with more fire in belly. Lacks nasty disposition and aggressive nature.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/36674
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 24, 2015 at 2:48 PM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
[ Edited by DeUh on Dec 22, 2015 at 12:44 AM ]
Have him in the 1st round going to GB at pick 30.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Only one tackle yesterday, but was the best player on the field. Was in the backfield all day. Great game
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Loved his game a disrupter nice replacement for J smith if he retires
From WalterFootball:

One player who has had a mixed Senior Bowl is Iowa defensive tackle Carl Davis. He has displayed a nice skill set with strength, size, and a burst. However, Davis has flunked the team interviews. He has said he didn't work hard in practice at Iowa because he was going against young scout team linemen and he didn't want to risk injury against some overzealous underclassmen. He told teams that he should only play about half the snaps in a game in order to be effective. Teams felt he came across as very arrogant and lazy. Davis is going to need to turn that around before his Combine and pre-draft visit interviews.
Share 49ersWebzone