LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Yay Area Mock Offseason #1

Originally posted by bayareafanatic1:
Very nice work. My only suggestion with your list is that you focused on Offensive line a little late while addressing safety too early. Here is my list.

1. WR – Dorial Green Beckham – Million dollar talent ten cent head. Get the head right and he'll be a monster.
2. OT – La'el Collins –LSU – Can pave the road and pass protect. NFL scouts say he can start right away.
3. RB – Duke Johnson – Great change of pace RB. Home run threat.
4. CB – Marcus Peters – Multiple run in with coaches. Shut down some of the best WR's in college. Just need his head straight.
4. Compensatory pick…. DE – Owa Odighizuwa – Very disruptive DE….Brings violence..
5. S – Corey Cooper – A Baalke special. Fills up a stat sheet. Solid tackler and solid coverage skills.
6. QB – Taylor Kelly – Good field vision. Strong arm. Protects the ball. Slightly mobile.
7. KR/PR – Andre Debose – 4.35 speed. Don't know how good a receiver he is. His QB stunk. But boy can he fly.Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/181151-war-room-complete-draft-list/#el261i3FSF1YgKo4.99

How is Collins making it to the 2nd? He is Walterfootball's #1 ranked guard and Rotoworld has them as there #2 OT...not happening.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/132727/lael-collins
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 22, 2015 at 1:31 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Very nice work. My only suggestion with your list is that you focused on Offensive line a little late while addressing safety too early. Here is my list.

1. WR – Dorial Green Beckham – Million dollar talent ten cent head. Get the head right and he'll be a monster.
2. OT – La'el Collins –LSU – Can pave the road and pass protect. NFL scouts say he can start right away.
4. CB – Marcus Peters – Multiple run in with coaches. Shut down some of the best WR's in college. Just need his head straight.
4. Compensatory pick…. DE – Owa Odighizuwa – Very disruptive DE….Brings violence..
5. S – Corey Cooper – A Baalke special. Fills up a stat sheet. Solid tackler and solid coverage skills.
6. QB – Taylor Kelly – Good field vision. Strong arm. Protects the ball. Slightly mobile.
7. KR/PR – Andre Debose – 4.35 speed. Don't know how good a receiver he is. His QB stunk. But boy can he fly.Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/181151-war-room-complete-draft-list/#el261i3FSF1YgKo4.99

How is Collins making it to the 2nd? He is Walterfootball's #1 ranked guard and Rotoworld has them as there #2 OT...not happening.

He isn't.
Also I doubt Johnson lasts to the 3rd as well.
I'm not a huge fan of taking OBG in the first round either, I think we have many more needs than WR

But overall I like the rest of the picks, especially Taylor Kelly
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He isn't.
Also I doubt Johnson lasts to the 3rd as well.
I'm not a huge fan of taking OBG in the first round either, I think we have many more needs than WR

But overall I like the rest of the picks, especially Taylor Kelly

I like the upside of DGB but I doubt we go in the direction at 15...I'd like a trade down in the 1st grab more picks and I'm betting DGB would be there later in the 1st.

Thoughts on Carl Davis? He's been getting some praise at the SB practices
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
2015 Draft

R1a: (15th) Dante Folwer; DE - Florida

R1b: (Colts/Aldon Smith) - Todd Gurley; RB - Georgia - - traded to Atlanta for Falcons (2015) 2nd (40th overall) and (2016) First round draft pick

R2a: (trade/Atlanta 8th overall) - Jaelen Strong; WR - Arizona StateR2b: Quinten Rollins; CB - Miami Ohio

R3a: Marcus Peters; CB - WashingtonR3b: (Buffalo/Vernon) Owamagbe Odighzuwa; DE - UCLA

R4: (Denver 2014) Arie Kouandijo; OG - AlabamaR4: (Comp pick): Jaquiski Tartt; SS - Samford

R5: Garrett Grayson; QB - Colorado StateR6: Dominique Brown; RB - Louisville

R7a: Anthony Chickillo; DE - MiamiR7b: (Comp pick): Breshad Perriman; WR - UCF
Originally posted by 9moon:
2015 Draft

R1a: (15th) Dante Folwer; DE - Florida

R1b: (Colts/Aldon Smith) - Todd Gurley; RB - Georgia - - traded to Atlanta for Falcons (2015) 2nd (40th overall) and (2016) First round draft pick

R2a: (trade/Atlanta 8th overall) - Jaelen Strong; WR - Arizona StateR2b: Quinten Rollins; CB - Miami Ohio

R3a: Marcus Peters; CB - WashingtonR3b: (Buffalo/Vernon) Owamagbe Odighzuwa; DE - UCLA

R4: (Denver 2014) Arie Kouandijo; OG - AlabamaR4: (Comp pick): Jaquiski Tartt; SS - Samford

R5: Garrett Grayson; QB - Colorado StateR6: Dominique Brown; RB - Louisville

R7a: Anthony Chickillo; DE - MiamiR7b: (Comp pick): Breshad Perriman; WR - UCF

Instead of posting your mock on someone else's thread why don't you just create your own
Mannion threw a few good passes at the Senior Bowl...wasn't all that impressive. Most impressive QB IMHO was Blake Sims. I'd like to see Niners draft Grayson. Kid makes all the throws, has very good leadership skills and is just a winner.

I don't see Tomsula/Mangini switching to a 4-3...the defense is set up for a 3-4 and you have both Bowman and Willis returning. I also wouldn't get rid of Wilhoite...I thought overall he played well. Borland had more impact, but MW was very solid.

La'el Collins and the big OG Kouandjui looked good at the Senior Bowl. Boy, SEC really cranks out the top OL.
Share 49ersWebzone