There are 196 users in the forums

My 2015 draft epiphany

Why bother having some sort of vision of who the Niners should take u know who ever we want we wont get Baalke always seems to draft someone that makes you say who??? so why bother just let it play out. I dont have any high hopes for the 2015 Niners anyways

How does he fit in a 4-3 defense?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
So we want to draft NT at 15?? Don't we already have Dorsey and Williams?

Didn't they just re-sign Glen and Williams?

I agree, but just think of the run stopping power with a monster NT and Dorsey and Williams at DE (if we stay in the 3-4) ...but an intimidating lineman on the roster will add some teeth to the defense

Without J Smith, who on the niners would occupy two linemen regularly? If he retires they need to try and find a guy who can help keep the LBs clean.

Justin also made our DB better w/his constant pressure.

I know we are tight against the cap but FA will set the board more clearly.
The offense is miles behind the defense. If the FO can get a #1 WR in free agency, only then does a DL in the 1st round make sense.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Why bother having some sort of vision of who the Niners should take u know who ever we want we wont get Baalke always seems to draft someone that makes you say who??? so why bother just let it play out. I dont have any high hopes for the 2015 Niners anyways

Why bother posting then? It doesn't change anything.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
The offense is miles behind the defense. If the FO can get a #1 WR in free agency, only then does a DL in the 1st round make sense.

Based on Baalke's history I'm guessing it's o-line or d-line in round 1.

How do you plan to get a #1 WR in FA? they have no cap room to get a stud WR...the draft is the way to roll and I see Baalke trading back for more picks because that's what he does.
Originally posted by bzborow1:

Based on Baalke's history I'm guessing it's o-line or d-line in round 1.

O-line? I don't see that happening when they just drafted M Martin in the 3rd and B Thomas in the 4th...both have huge upside, plus they will be getting back a healthy Davis and Kilgore (who I thought played great at center).
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Justin also made our DB better w/his constant pressure.

I know we are tight against the cap but FA will set the board more clearly.

Justin makes the waterboys better!
Just to comment on Shelton, i think he will be gone before we pick at 15. Other teams need a top defender in the trenches that pick before us

How do you plan to get a #1 WR in FA? they have no cap room to get a stud WR...the draft is the way to roll and I see Baalke trading back for more picks because that's what he does.

I don't plan on getting a #WR in FA. Some posters have mentioned trading for J. Gordon. Getting a #1 receiver for next year in any way is vital. The defense was fine even without Dorsey and Williams, not to mention Willis, Bowman, Brock, Culliver, Ward, etc. The offense just plain stunk. Dumping the coaches was a good first step. Now getting some less than geriatric receivers would be the next step. A true #1 WR please and thank you.
[ Edited by Paul_Hofer on Jan 20, 2015 at 3:05 PM ]

I agree, but just think of the run stopping power with a monster NT and Dorsey and Williams at DE (if we stay in the 3-4) ...but an intimidating lineman on the roster will add some teeth to the defense
We'll still to score. Fifteen points a game won't cut it.

We'll still to score. Fifteen points a game won't cut it.

Agreed, but in my opinion Shelton is the BPA if hes on the board. In fact, in order for Shelton to be available, 3 out of 4 top receivers probably need to get picked.

They can focus on offense through the remaining picks.
Why would we need to draft a Lynch stopper when chances are he isn't gonna be on the Seahawks next year?

I don't plan on getting a #WR in FA. Some posters have mentioned trading for J. Gordon. Getting a #1 receiver for next year in any way is vital. The defense was fine even without Dorsey and Williams, not to mention Willis, Bowman, Brock, Culliver, Ward, etc. The offense just plain stunk. Dumping the coaches was a good first step. Now getting some less than geriatric receivers would be the next step. A true #1 WR please and thank you.

You just said he your previous post that you hope the FO can get a #1 in FA, that's why I asked how you think they would plan to do this? I'm all for getting a #1 but it won't be happening in FA. They don't have the cash and I doubt they give up multiple picks for Gordon then give him a big contract the following year.
Share 49ersWebzone