LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 403 users in the forums

Trade 2015 1st rd Pick for Gordon

Trade 2015 1st rd Pick for Gordon

If Gordon farts, He will be suspended by the league ....Nothing more than a third.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
I would trade Brooks and Boone straight up for Gordon no draft picks.

Not a bad idea
Originally posted by Ishimaryasuka:
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Wow those intangibles are ridiculous. I'm definitely for us drafting him. Where is he projected to go? If he's a 1st rd Pick I'd rather have Gordon. But if he's a 2nd rd Pick or later I'm defintely interested.

He's projected to go on the first round falling to us at 15 because of the off field issues. Now, I understand that this will be a risk but we really need a young freakish talent like green-beckham. This guy is just too rare. He was a 3 sport athlete in college, playing football, basketball and track. He was also a standout in the broad/high jump competition.
We have to give this guy a chance, he could seriously help us get back to the NFC championship next season because the league is not prepared for something like him on a team with so much talent around him, especially defensively. I know you guys gotta be with me on this. And imagine if jerry rice would step in to mentor this guy. San Fran might be the perfect place for him.

That does sound tempting. I say we draft him and trade for Gordon
Sounds like a very good idea.
Originally posted by Viperboy:
If Gordon farts, He will be suspended by the league ....Nothing more than a third.

Even a 3rd rounder is too much for him, especially now that he is facing a 1yr ban.
Bad move
Not worth it
Bad risk
The man will never play a whole season
He already has a10 day suspension for another failed drug test
trading a mid-1st round pick for a veteran is almost always a terrible idea. Talent and production is but one consideration. Salary cap is the other.

1. If a veteran is good, he could only be here for a year or 2, and cost 10-15+ per year, whereas a rookie is here for 5 years and costs only a small fraction of that. You have no choice but to build through the draft in this league, because of how salaries are structured.
  2. No one is trading away a veteran with elite skills unless they want to get rid of him. No one is giving away Sherman or Watt. The thought that your team can turn that player around is a high-risk bet (see Harvin), and giving up the 15th pick for a high-risk bet isn't smart.
  3. This is the type of crap that the Redskins always do. When has it ever worked out for them?
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
trading a mid-1st round pick for a veteran is almost always a terrible idea. Talent and production is but one consideration. Salary cap is the other.

1. If a veteran is good, he could only be here for a year or 2, and cost 10-15+ per year, whereas a rookie is here for 5 years and costs only a small fraction of that. You have no choice but to build through the draft in this league, because of how salaries are structured.
  2. No one is trading away a veteran with elite skills unless they want to get rid of him. No one is giving away Sherman or Watt. The thought that your team can turn that player around is a high-risk bet (see Harvin), and giving up the 15th pick for a high-risk bet isn't smart.
  3. This is the type of crap that the Redskins always do. When has it ever worked out for them?

1 Pretty sure Gordon is on a rookie contract.
2 They might since he isn't playing this year.
3 It is the kind of crap that a lot of team try to do. We did grab a trouble maker named Brooks...that worked out pretty well for us.
This thread needs to just go away. Kind of like Josh Gordon
BUSTED!!!!!!!!!

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/report-gordon-failed-drug-test-browns-disappointed

The A--Hole failed another drug test.

PLEASE let these JGordon threads go the way of his career.

This may quite possibly be the dumbest suggestion ever made on the zone...and that is saying something.
Originally posted by bigwads:
This may quite possibly be the dumbest suggestion ever made on the zone...and that is saying something.

Bet the Browns wish they had taken that 2nd round pick from the 49ers last year...................
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by bigwads:

Bet the Browns wish they had taken that 2nd round pick from the 49ers last year...................

With all the turmoil going on here in the Zone; could you imagine the firestorm if we had picked up this turd.

Then all the finger-pointing and whining, "This management sucks, why didn't they do their due-diligence? Blah, blah
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

1 Pretty sure Gordon is on a rookie contract.
2 They might since he isn't playing this year.
3 It is the kind of crap that a lot of team try to do. We did grab a trouble maker named Brooks...that worked out pretty well for us.

1. he's on his rookie contract for 1 season. After that he's a FA and going to demand a veteran contract. Whereas a rookie has 5 years
2. my point was that if a team trades away a highly skilled player it's because they don't want to deal with him anymore. They feel like they're better without him. If a team trades a player, there's always a reason: too expensive, not very good, too old, too much trouble. Gordon is the last of those.'
3. Brooks was taken off of waivers. I have no problem taking a flyer off of waivers, I just wouldn't ever consider trading a 1st round pick for him. My point wasn't about taking risks. My point was about taking HIGH COST risks. So name a team other than the redskins that trade way high picks for veterans with red-flags (be they legal, medical, age, performance, etc.)
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Seems like an easy decision to me. Trade our 15th overall pick for Josh Gordon. Those of you who argue against this are foolish. I understand this is a valuable pick but our chances of drafting an impact player like this are slim to none. Especially considering that Baalke can't draft offense very well. This is a golden opportunity. I understand he has his issues. But without those issues we wouldn't even be discussing the possibility of acquiring him.

Pull the trigger! Call the browns right now!

Question.

What would the cap hit be? A rookie is cheap for 4-5 years.
Share 49ersWebzone