There are 233 users in the forums

Trade 2015 1st rd Pick for Gordon

Trade 2015 1st rd Pick for Gordon

Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
A 5th rounder??? C'Mon now. I understand we could get him for cheaper I'm implying that this is what I'd be willing to give up. We need to pursue him. Perphaps we can get him for a 2nd or 3rd rd Pick. We need to negioate for him. Maybe we can just give them Stevie Johnson and a mid to low rd pick.

If that. His value pretty much shot to next to nothing. There's still talk in Cleveland of cutting him outright.

If they cut him that would be great news. All I'm saying is we better sign him.

thread start: We should trade our first round pick for him.

thread end: If they release him we better sign him.

Tells you all you need to know about the original question.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Would give up no more than a mid round pick since they may just release the guy anyway this offseason

If he gets released what makes you think he would wanna sign with us?

Teams like the Colts, Bengals,Patriots,Dolphins that all need a WR and they actually utilize them.

Face it, we're not a team that receivers are dying to play for. I'm not even sure that if givin a choice Boldin or SJ would 've signed with us if it wasn't for a trade.

Im all in for a Gordon trade.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I mean this in the nicest way possible but you are completely out of your freaking mind.

Gordon is worth a 5th rounder at best right now, if that. The 49ers almost acquired him for a 2nd rounder last season, now the Browns would get a lot less for him and may end up cutting him.

Seriously how is this thread still open?
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Originally posted by shmuck:
Seems like an easy decision to me. Trade our 15th overall pick for Josh Gordon. Those of you who argue against this are foolish. I understand this is a valuable pick but our chances of drafting an impact player like this are slim to none. Especially considering that Baalke can't draft offense very well. This is a golden opportunity. I understand he has his issues. But without those issues we wouldn't even be discussing the possibility of acquiring him.

Pull the trigger! Call the browns right now!

If we want a fast X receiver that bad we could draft Devin Smith... and he comes without all the baggage and money.

I'm currently a student at Ohio State. I love the team. Follow the players. Even friends with some of them. Devin Smith is a great prospect I defintely think we should draft him, I felt the same way about Hyde and am feeling the same way about Elliot. But Smith is not Josh Gordon. No where near.

Can you imagine Hyde and Elliot on a Shanny ZBS...
That would be AWESOME
Originally posted by HERN:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Would give up no more than a mid round pick since they may just release the guy anyway this offseason

If he gets released what makes you think he would wanna sign with us?

Teams like the Colts, Bengals,Patriots,Dolphins that all need a WR and they actually utilize them.

Face it, we're not a team that receivers are dying to play for. I'm not even sure that if givin a choice Boldin or SJ would 've signed with us if it wasn't for a trade.

Im all in for a Gordon trade.

Exactly
He'll be a patriot and when a Super Bowl with Tom Brady
Yep...it was a bad idea initially and it still is. For all his considerable talent, Gordon is just not learning from his mistakes, which is why the Browns suspended him yet again.
Peterson would be nice,maybe a 3rd or 4th for Gordon IMO.
Trade for Gordon?

Not just no but HELL NO!!!!

Dude is on the verge of being gone from the NFL due to suspensions. Repeat offender (don't care what for). We don't need another problem child.
This guy has a rap sheet. The front office is not going after this guy after going through the Aldon Smith DUI and the Ray McDonald abuse/rape allegations.

Not part of "winning with class".

PASS

Just what we need another criminal to add to the cubbord. This kid is talented, also one mistake from most being banned for life. Kick rocks Josh Gordon.
I wouldn't be in favor of a trade like that. It's not the guys talent that's in question it's his maturity. I have to agree with Phoenix on his evaluation. Gordon is one stupid move away from possibly being out of the league. It's also important to note we recently had player conduct issues. Have to keep in mind locker room health. You would need to be able to cut him with minimal loss. It's a shame because he is an incredible talent.
Why trade ANY draft picks when you can pick him up for free once he gets cut?
3rd round pick.
I'd rather draft Kevin white from wv with our 1st rd pick..that's a kid that fits what we need...6'2 215 with 4.4 speed...plus we're already over the cap so we can't afford josh gordon
Share 49ersWebzone