LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 362 users in the forums

Trade 2015 1st rd Pick for Gordon

Trade 2015 1st rd Pick for Gordon

Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Originally posted by shmuck:
I'm currently a student at Ohio State. I love the team. Follow the players. Even friends with some of them. Devin Smith is a great prospect I defintely think we should draft him, I felt the same way about Hyde and am feeling the same way about Elliot. But Smith is not Josh Gordon. No where near.

apologizes. haven't watched enough game tape to really get a read on him

Who would your comp be then?

Smith is defintely a good player. Great hands and good deep threat which we are in need of. The question is where we should draft him. Maybe we can land him in the 3rd or 4th. I also like WR Jalin Marshall. Don't believe he's entering the draft but he is a playmaker and could be used in the return game as well as in the slot. Has the speed to play on the outside as well. We should keep an eye on him for next years draft. Could possibly land him as late as the 5th or 6th rd. Look up his highlights against Michigan State this season.
Just finished watching his two games on draftbreakdown
atm it seems Smith is flying up draft boards. I like his size and speed but wonder how effective he would be for something other then just going deep.
Would give up no more than a mid round pick since they may just release the guy anyway this offseason
No, we should stay at 15 and draft Dorial Green-Beckham. He is going to be the next Julio Jones/ Calvin Johnson. Even with his off the field issues, he is going to sky rocket after the combine.
I'm currently a student at Ohio State. I love the team. Follow the players. Even friends with some of them. Devin Smith is a great prospect I defintely think we should draft him, I felt the same way about Hyde and am feeling the same way about Elliot. But Smith is not Josh Gordon. No where near.

apologizes. haven't watched enough game tape to really get a read on him

Who would your comp be then?

Smith is defintely a good player. Great hands and good deep threat which we are in need of. The question is where we should draft him. Maybe we can land him in the 3rd or 4th. I also like WR Jalin Marshall. Don't believe he's entering the draft but he is a playmaker and could be used in the return game as well as in the slot. Has the speed to play on the outside as well. We should keep an eye on him for next years draft. Could possibly land him as late as the 5th or 6th rd. Look up his highlights against Michigan State this season.
Just finished watching his two games on draftbreakdown
atm it seems Smith is flying up draft boards. I like his size and speed but wonder how effective he would be for something other then just going deep.
I might be willing for us to draft him in the 2nd rd. But I do question his route running. We shall see. From my observations he's just a deep threat playmaker. Would be a solid number 2 WR.
A 5th rounder??? C'Mon now. I understand we could get him for cheaper I'm implying that this is what I'd be willing to give up. We need to pursue him. Perphaps we can get him for a 2nd or 3rd rd Pick. We need to negioate for him. Maybe we can just give them Stevie Johnson and a mid to low rd pick.

If that. His value pretty much shot to next to nothing. There's still talk in Cleveland of cutting him outright.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
A 5th rounder??? C'Mon now. I understand we could get him for cheaper I'm implying that this is what I'd be willing to give up. We need to pursue him. Perphaps we can get him for a 2nd or 3rd rd Pick. We need to negioate for him. Maybe we can just give them Stevie Johnson and a mid to low rd pick.

If that. His value pretty much shot to next to nothing. There's still talk in Cleveland of cutting him outright.

If they cut him that would be great news. All I'm saying is we better sign him.
Originally posted by mrgreene49:
No, we should stay at 15 and draft Dorial Green-Beckham. He is going to be the next Julio Jones/ Calvin Johnson. Even with his off the field issues, he is going to sky rocket after the combine.

Haven't watched must film on him. I'll check out his highlights.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
How about a 7th. Why trade a high round pick for someone who has demonstrated immaturity and bad decision making.
Originally posted by MarkD:
How about a 7th. Why trade a high round pick for someone who has demonstrated immaturity and bad decision making.

Maybe because he lead the NFL in receiving less than 2 years ago on only 14 games?? Are you kidding me??? Some of you baffle me.
I think we were giving a 2nd for him last year when the trade was pulled by new ownership. Since then his value has dropped due to sitting out a year and not being in shape... And your great idea is to give away our first. Isn't that perfect

I would give our second, especially Iupati leaves and we are granted an extra 3rd...

Seems like an easy decision to me. Trade our 15th overall pick for Josh Gordon. Those of you who argue against this are foolish. I understand this is a valuable pick but our chances of drafting an impact player like this are slim to none. Especially considering that Baalke can't draft offense very well. This is a golden opportunity. I understand he has his issues. But without those issues we wouldn't even be discussing the possibility of acquiring him.

Pull the trigger! Call the browns right now!

If we want a fast X receiver that bad we could draft Devin Smith... and he comes without all the baggage and money.

Can you imagine Hyde and Elliot on a Shanny ZBS...
Stupid.

Yeah we need another bad character guy. Just what we need.
I'd take the kid from Missouri-Oklahoma before him. At least the college kid hasn't been suspended in the NFL yet.
This dream is still going? Smh! People just don't get it huh!
They're not going to cut him. What you don't think New England would throw a 4th rounder their way? The guy is on a rookie contract and is one of the best receivers in the league you can believe whatever garbage you want there's not a chance in Hell he's getting outright cut. That's unless he does something criminal which is not the case. Outside of smoking weed the guy hasn't done anything that can be considered criminal. He's not getting cut.

As for throwing a 1st rounder at him I don't know if you noticed but last year had like 20 rookies contributing like gang busters. We can find someone who's not on their final strike. If they're willing to give him away I'd listen but until that point he's their headache.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jan 16, 2015 at 6:42 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone