There are 226 users in the forums

Who are the best press CBs?

Dont watch much College ball but who would you say are the best press and cover CB? Top 5 if possible..
[ Edited by DeHubb on Jan 13, 2015 at 4:34 PM ]
Press has to be Trae Waynes or PJ Williams. Best pure cover CB? Marcus Peters, but he had some issues with the coaching staff so his interview will be a very big deal.
I think Trae Waynes will be the first one drafted. Great size and speed combo with fluidity in his movements. Just seems to attach his hip to the receiver and plays the ball well. Though I can only see Baalke going CB in the first if we lose either Culliver or Cox, but Brock and Ward will be coming back and Dontae showed signs of being a potential starter.

If Baalke sees Waynes or Peters as elite shutdown corners than it will be too hard to pass up.
[ Edited by birdie2bogey on Jan 14, 2015 at 12:23 PM ]
Originally posted by shmuck:
Press has to be Trae Waynes or PJ Williams. Best pure cover CB? Marcus Peters, but he had some issues with the coaching staff so his interview will be a very big deal.

Also, it will be interesting to see how far Olomu falls because of his injury... sounds like a Baalke move to get him if he falls to the second or possibly third round.
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:
I think Trae Waynes will be the first one drafted. Great size and speed combo with fluidity in his movements. Just seems to attach his hip to the receiver and plays the ball well. Though I can only see Baalke going CB in the first if we lose either Culliver or Cox, but Brock and Ward will be coming back and Dontae showed signs of being a potential starter.

If Baalke sees Waynes or Peters as elite shutdown corners than it will be too hard to pass up.

yep our D is a shutdown CB away from being the best in the league no doubt....of course assuming pat and bowman come back good

But i am weary of drafting CBs high, they always seem to bust. The second round CBs are the ones who light it up for some reason.
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Jan 14, 2015 at 12:28 PM ]
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:
Also, it will be interesting to see how far Olomu falls because of his injury... sounds like a Baalke move to get him if he falls to the second or possibly third round.

Olomu is the exact opposite of a press CB
I do want him as a slot though
Rarely press so it doesn't matta
All these CBs have T-rex arms
Josh Shaw is a guy I think is very good at press. His best fit is probably safety though. His knock is he had the dumb lie this summer about saving his drowning nephew.
My pick goes to Marcus Peters. I feel he is the #1 corner in this draft. His interviews were real good, which is a plus.

Share 49ersWebzone