• lazy
  • Veteran
Well he's returning to school.
LOL he trolled us all
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Respect this kid.
Originally posted by TheRambler:
He has not declared. There are plenty of articles opining that he should declare, but none that he actually has.

Apparently LeBron James had a conversation with Cardale about coming out early. When asked about it, he said something like, it's a private conversation, but if you knew what I said to him you wouldn't like it.

Probably said there's no 100 million dollar shoe deal waiting for you so stay.
Originally posted by Muggins:
Respect this kid.

This. Best decision for him, even if he has to transfer or something, but if he were to compete and win the starting job at Ohio State that would be huge.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Yeah. Go back to school. Football doesn't last forever. Get your education.

Also, this guy is nothing special IMO.
Dead thread. Kid made the right decision to stay. QB class still lacks depth this year.
Originally posted by jrg:
Yeah. Go back to school. Football doesn't last forever. Get your education.

Also, this guy is nothing special IMO.

You serious???? He has every physical tool you could want, and his 3rd start he won the national title. What else do you want?
Originally posted by spizzy:
You serious???? He has every physical tool you could want, and his 3rd start he won the national title. What else do you want?

imo what I want is more tape. It's great for us evaluators that he's going back because most QB's need a full season of starting games to be considered draftable.

Originally posted by shmuck:
imo what I want is more tape. It's great for us evaluators that he's going back because most QB's need a full season of starting games to be considered draftable.

I agree, but I don't see you cant see that he is a special talent
Originally posted by spizzy:
I agree, but I don't see you cant see that he is a special talent

well honestly at this point one can say yes he does have the physical aspect of the game down but we need to see if he is consistent enough to be considered a special talent.
6'5" 250 lbs. He has a strong arm. He's pretty accurate. You can't teach some of the physical tools he has. I think there is a place for him in the NFL. But going back for another year to develop is also good for him. I'm not saying he is a top pick. But you can't deny the physical tools which you can't teach. You either have them or not.
I think he stays under Meyer for another year. I like his package...huge, big arm, alarmingly beastly runner. But, he doesn't have enough experience as a starting QB. He'd be very wise to stay a Buckeye for another season.
With all the doom and gloom talk about the Niners, and Mel Kiper saying Cardale Jones can be a Top 5 pick next year... instead of 2012's Suck for Luck...

#FailForCardale
Share 49ersWebzone