LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 413 users in the forums

Cardale Jones

flava of da weak
Mel Kiper's just said on ESPN Cardale would be a 2nd rounder if he came out this year, top 5-10 pick if he is the starter at OSU and comes out next year.

lol I was way off
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
3rd round easy. His only undoing is he hasn't played enough. He has a great arm with great velocity and can throw the deep ball very well.

He should declare this year. Otherwise, what would be the alternative ? To go back being a 3rd stringer again ? Or get a transfer out of Ohio State for a chance to start ?

His opportunity came and he fully maximized it. Now is time for the Pros.

There are too many teams needing QBs, may be 8-9 teams ? Is he at the bottom of the pile ? Heck no !!
1st round...of the CFL draft.
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Mel Kiper's just said on ESPN Cardale would be a 2nd rounder if he came out this year, top 5-10 pick if he is the starter at OSU and comes out next year.

lol I was way off

A 2nd rounder! No thank you
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

lol I was way off

That makes total sense. When I said 3rd I was being conservative.

Let me ask you this, there are supposed to be 8-9 teams needing QBs, can you name 8 better QBs in front of Cardale Jones ?

In fact, I would even argue Cardale Jones is more Pro-ready than Mariota.
Originally posted by Rascal:

lol I was way off

That makes total sense. When I said 3rd I was being conservative.

Let me ask you this, there are supposed to be 8-9 teams needing QBs, can you name 8 better QBs in front of Cardale Jones ?

In fact, I would even argue Cardale Jones is more Pro-ready than Mariota.

Exactly Rascal...he's better than a lot of starters in this draft. I'm saying he's easily a 3rd rounder.
He would get creamed in the pros if he tried to run his decision making a ?
[ Edited by Harbaalke on Jan 13, 2015 at 8:39 PM ]

lol I was way off

Mel Kiper says a lot of retarded things. When it comes to people making a TON of money while being absolutely horrible at their job, Kiper is the king.

He was pounding the table for Jimmy Clausen to be a top 4 pick on draft day. He had him as the best QB in that draft. He slid to the middle of the 2nd, and has been a career backup.

"While sparring with fellow draft analyst Todd McShay, Kiper made the following declaration: "If Jimmy Clausen is not a successful quarterback in the NFL, I'm done. That's it. I'm out."
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jan 13, 2015 at 9:18 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

lol I was way off

Based off one game, you gotta be frickin kidding me. And I suppose off of one game Mariota should be a 5th round pick at best.

Man I kinda hope he does declare, this thread will be gold if he does lol
he has got fat cheeks like Byron Leftwich.....based on my fat cheeks draft indicator model, id say bottom of round 1
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

lol I was way off

Based off one game, you gotta be frickin kidding me. And I suppose off of one game Mariota should be a 5th round pick at best.

Not 1 game bro, you must have missed the 59-0 effort against Wisconsin huh ? LOL.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Is confirmed, Cardale Jones has declared to enter the 2015 NFL Draft. Told you guys.
You know how people are....he'll go late 1st at worst. National champ with size and mystery!
Share 49ersWebzone