LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 148 users in the forums

Draft prospect Cedric Ogbuehi suffers torn ACL

• pd24
  • Veteran
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/13/draft-prospect-cedric-ogbuehi-suffers-torn-acl-in-bowl-game/

Was projected a 1st rounder. WOuldn't mind him in the 4th to keep the OL stocked up.
Baalke jus got a boner
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Since07:
Baalke jus got a boner

Probably got a text alert while interviewing Gase.
welcome to 49ers
Goes from a potential Top 15 pick to a late 3rd rd pick. I don't see him falling to day 3 because Brandon Thomas was the last pick in the 3rd rd, and he got the same injury. At least Ogbuehi will have more time to heel, and it wasn't during a draft workout for a team, like Thomas' was.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Goes from a potential Top 15 pick to a late 3rd rd pick. I don't see him falling to day 3 because Brandon Thomas was the last pick in the 3rd rd, and he got the same injury. At least Ogbuehi will have more time to heel, and it wasn't during a draft workout for a team, like Thomas' was.

May get another 3rd comp from whither signing too, just saying.
The all ACL team is shaping up nicely Todd Gurley, Ifo Ekpre Olomu, Cedric Ogbuehi
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
The all ACL team is shaping up nicely Todd Gurley, Ifo Ekpre Olomu, Cedric Ogbuehi

[ Edited by NinerSickness on Jan 13, 2015 at 3:59 PM ]
Niiiiiiiiceeee....

I'll be hoenst with you. Even though we only just now have begun to see a return on our investment with the drafting of injured players, I don't mind it as long as the picks are not too high or present great value. It also depends on the extent of the injury. For this draft however, we do have a little reloading to do, so I'd prefer we stay away from anyone that isn't likely to contribute this year unless it's a late pick (5th through 7th round) where guys are less likely to make the team. It's gettiing harder and harder for us to keep talented guys on our practice squad (Marcus Cooper and Darryl Morris for one), so why not burn a late pick on a guy to rehab? Only problem is, I doubt Cedric Ogbuehi falls that low. Even a team like New England has shown that will use a first round pick on an injured player.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:

DL in the first, Gurley in the 2nd, Olomu and Ogbuehi in the 3rd.
WR (Torrey Smith, D. Thomas) in Free Agency.

Originally posted by Since07:
Baalke jus got a boner

Well there goes my mock
His draft stock was already falling, so it should be interesting to see where he goes. Could be a major steal or huge bust at this point
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Baalke tempted to pile on more rewards points shopping at thrift village
Share 49ersWebzone