LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

2015 East West Shrine Game

• buck
  • Veteran
10 players who impressed Mayock at Shrine Game practices

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000459324/article/10-players-who-impressed-mayock-at-shrine-game-practices
  • buck
  • Veteran
Devin Gardner among Shrine Game prospects who impressed

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000459590/article/devin-gardner-among-shrine-game-prospects-who-impressed
[ Edited by buck on Jan 16, 2015 at 12:07 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Norris: E-W Shrine Review

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/51648/351/norris-e-w-shrine-review
Bump for the game today: Starts at 4PM EST. Encourage everyone to tune in.
Singletary is coaching one of these teams.
As far as my top prospects I'd specifically watch for the 49ers, keep an eye on these:

WEST
#72 B.J. Finney, C/OG, Kansas State
#79 Terry Poole, OT/OG, San Diego State
#80 Blake Bell, TE, Oklahoma
#3 Ezell Ruffin, WR, San Diego State
#92 Tyeler Davison, DL, Fresno State
#58 David Parry, DL, Stanford
#19 Tony Washington, OLB, Oregon

EAST
#62 Shane McDermott, C/OG, Miami (FL) - Reportedly already has spoken with 49ers scouts.
#70 John Miller, OG, Louisville
#13 Wes Saxton, TE, South Alabama
#98 Devin Gardner, WR, Michigan
#3 Tre McBride, WR, William & Mary
#88 Darren Waller, WR Georgia Tech
#95 Anthony Chickillo, DL, Miami (FL)
#91 Derrick Lott, DL, Tennessee-Chattanooga
#58 Leterrius Walton, DL, Central Michigan
#90 Davis Tull, DE/OLB, Tennessee-Chattanooga
#5 Damian Swann, CB, Georgia
#28 Detric Bonner, S/CB, Virginia Tech - Hybrid converted player. 49ers have history with these types.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 17, 2015 at 8:45 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
As far as my top prospects I'd specifically watch for the 49ers, keep an eye on these:

WEST

EAST
#62 Shane McDermott, C/OG, Miami (FL) - Reportedly already has spoken with 49ers scouts.
#28 Detric Bonner, S/CB, Virginia Tech - Hybrid converted player. 49ers have history with these types.

A good list, for sure. So much depends on what form of defensive system we run when evaluating these players on the defensive side.

For me, I am really interested in some of the small school guys: McBride, Saxton and Lott, as well as Swann at corner. Super productive guys like Kansas LB Heeney always intrigue.
Josh Shaw added to the roster messed up his draft stock but has talent
Originally posted by Harbaalke:

Think how tired he will be meeting with teams at the combine and explaining over and over again his "heroism" in jumping from the upstairs window. Better him than me.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Think how tired he will be meeting with teams at the combine and explaining over and over again his "heroism" in jumping from the upstairs window. Better him than me.

True so far and int for him and #94 smith on the east getting mad pressure impressive

Singletary's team 9-0 redzone issues

WEST

EAST

A good list, for sure. So much depends on what form of defensive system we run when evaluating these players on the defensive side.

For me, I am really interested in some of the small school guys: McBride, Saxton and Lott, as well as Swann at corner. Super productive guys like Kansas LB Heeney always intrigue.

The days awhile back when the forum crashed, it destroyed a post of mine with 10 of my favorite prospects at the time. On that list were McBride and Anthony Chickillo. Chickillo reminds me a LOT of Justin Smith. Early projections had Chickillo in the 5th - 6th round range but I did not see that at all on the field this year when evaluating him. I saw at least a 4th round talent who could rise even further with his off-season performance.

My initial summary on him:

This kid honestly reminds me of a poor man's Justin Smith with his hustle and motor. Not big numbers for him, but I think he displays nice intelligence on the field, good field awareness, and sets the edge pretty well in the run game. I look at this player as at least a middle round guy with the ability to contribute in his first year.

This week and in the game, Chickillo proved to be as talented as I thought. Showing he could play well in both the 3-4 and 4-3 schemes. I would love for us to get this player. I don't know if he'll start right away, but I see the talent there to become a starter.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Anthony Chickillo Interview During The East West Shrine Game

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/university-miami-defensive-lineman-anthony-233827343.html

WEST

EAST

The days awhile back when the forum crashed, it destroyed a post of mine with 10 of my favorite prospects at the time. On that list were McBride and Anthony Chickillo. Chickillo reminds me a LOT of Justin Smith. Early projections had Chickillo in the 5th - 6th round range but I did not see that at all on the field this year when evaluating him. I saw at least a 4th round talent who could rise even further with his off-season performance.

My initial summary on him:

This kid honestly reminds me of a poor man's Justin Smith with his hustle and motor. Not big numbers for him, but I think he displays nice intelligence on the field, good field awareness, and sets the edge pretty well in the run game. I look at this player as at least a middle round guy with the ability to contribute in his first year.

This week and in the game, Chickillo proved to be as talented as I thought. Showing he could play well in both the 3-4 and 4-3 schemes. I would love for us to get this player. I don't know if he'll start right away, but I see the talent there to become a starter.

Yeah I saw Chickillo do some twists and got to the QB,He`s someoneI hope the 9ers take a very good look at.
  • buck
  • Veteran
riginally posted by MadDog49er:

Shaw clearly earned the scrutiny that is coming.
Share 49ersWebzone