LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 208 users in the forums

OnTheClock's Mock Premiere 1/9/15

Originally posted by BrianGO:
I've been trying to convince people that we need to draft a quality backup OT for years. If he can also play guard, even better.

This draft has a true understanding of the dynamics of this team.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/180687-quest4sixs-december-mock-mcdonald-release-reflected/
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Might be crazy, but I think the team would put Borland in the middle and split Bowman and Willis on the sides. This might actually save Willis some wear and tear and would put three studs along that middle line.

I remember the 49ers playing a 4 man front with Norton and Plummer lined up like inside backers and Woodall as the strong side Linebacker. They could do this since Willis and Bowman are quick enough to cover week side.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I've been trying to convince people that we need to draft a quality backup OT for years. If he can also play guard, even better.

This draft has a true understanding of the dynamics of this team.

I think even more so with Tomsula now, the importance of the trenches increase. He likes a physical, aggressive, attacking offense that can move people off the ball. I think with Tomsula, while he will want an offense that pounds the ball, it doesn't seem like he's into playing "conservaball", and wants the system to be creative and adaptive to players' strengths.

Sure, we can add an additional playmaker in the draft, but if the line can't block to save their lives, it will make little difference. Step one is a successful OL. When you've got that, it opens up the door for your playmakers across the board to go out and make those plays.
Share 49ersWebzone