LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 308 users in the forums

What Would You Rather Have?

What Would You Rather Have?

Would you rather have a Randy Moss or a Deion Sanders?
[ Edited by Since07 on Jan 9, 2015 at 9:18 AM ]
An equal caliber WR - Please!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
An equal caliber WR - Please!

Lol yea I guess I might take a Randy moss WR cause he can't be shut down 1 on 1
I still don't see the need this year for a top CB.
We were top 5 in defending the pass last year and we were missing out best pass rusher for 9 games.
I think its flashy to go for the top guy at these two spots but I don't feel like either are a major need for this team.

I could see the argument as to why we need an offensive playmaker, but you can't sell me on taking a CB 1st overall.

I think our real needs lie within the lines of scrimmage (notice the plural form of line) and not CB/WR
Originally posted by Quest4six:
I still don't see the need this year for a top CB.
We were top 5 in defending the pass last year and we were missing out best pass rusher for 9 games.
I think its flashy to go for the top guy at these two spots but I don't feel like either are a major need for this team.

I could see the argument as to why we need an offensive playmaker, but you can't sell me on taking a CB 1st overall.

I think our real needs lie within the lines of scrimmage (notice the plural form of line) and not CB/WR

I'm not trying to say we should go cb in 5he 1st, it's jus speculation. Personally I'd go with a shutdown cb cause those are extremely rare while #1 wr come out yearly
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
We don't need a shut down corner because we got a Fangio.
Originally posted by MarkD:
We don't need a shut down corner because we got a Fangio.

Well played ...
Can't really say without knowing how FA goes.

Re-sign Cully or Cox, and I would lean heavily towards WR.
Retain both Anquan and a healthy SJ? and I would lean more on CB, yet still draft a WR in the mid-rds. (Boldin age/SJ contract)

I likely wouldn't neglect either position in the first 5 rounds.
we need dominant D-line guy before anything ...
Randy Moss had the potential to be the greatest ever. So I would take him or, preferably, a young Jerry Rice.

How many shutdown corners are in the league? 2 or 3

And how many #1 WRs? 20 or 30

I'll take the corner.
[ Edited by theninermaniac on Jan 9, 2015 at 10:39 AM ]
Our defense has done well with mediocre players. Our offense needs a boost. Crabtree will be catching passes from Romo next year.
D Line

or

Melvin Gordon.

So none of your choices.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

I'll take the corner.

Finally some one who isn't blinded by our offensive woes

Originally posted by theninermaniac:

I'll take the corner.

This. It allows the defense to do some many other things. Look at the Pats with Revis. They can put him on Golden ate with no help. Thus allowing the other corner to man press CJ and get safety help over the top.
[ Edited by lamontb on Jan 9, 2015 at 12:51 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone