LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Terry Williams 3-4 NT

Terry Williams, NT, East Carolina
Height: 6-1. Weight: 353.
Projected 40 Time: 5.21.
Projected Round (2015): 4-6.
12/13/14: Williams has 29 tackles with 7.5 tackles for a loss, 1.5 sacks, one pass broken up and two forced fumbles this season. He is an under-the-radar prospect, but he looks like bowling ball rolling through the offensive line.

Williams is very disruptive, and Virginia Tech couldn't block him in the Pirates' Week 3 upset. He recorded five tackles, but was a much bigger presence as he constantly blew up plays in the backfield. Williams needs to improve his conditioning, but he has a burst with size that overwhelms offensive linemen. The senior looks like a great fit as a 3-4 nose tackle.

Williams missed eight games in 2013 because of a suspension for violating team rules. The year before, he recorded 46 tackles with one sack and 5.5 tackles for a loss.

Nice late round prospect who would fit well on the 49ers
Me like.
I think he has a shot of cracking the top 125 picks. He is a big guy who runs pretty well and is super stout. Really short for a 2015 NFL Draft NT, but he's got some serious skills for a 3-4 NT prospect.

As always, with these short and stout guys, how committed are they to stay in shape. He also has to deal with questions about the team suspension. In a league that is showing some teeth with player misconduct, you don't want to risk a roster spot with a guy who may be out for an extended amount of time.
He was suspended 2 and a half yrs ago for pot when he was 19
[ Edited by Since07 on Jan 8, 2015 at 6:31 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'm interested to see what he weighs in at, at his Pro Day or even the Combine if invited. Dude can move and looks to play with some pretty good leverage to control that A-gap.

Love me some Terry Williams....#54 in the highlights. He's the 350lber wearing white sleeves. He disappears for a minute or two on the tape, may have been injured. Check out the 3:50 mark, big guy put a move on for stripsack.
[ Edited by theninermaniac on Feb 3, 2015 at 8:25 PM ]

Here's some more film. Watch the spin move at the 59 sec mark!

He used to play LB in High School. He is a huge guy with athleticism.
[ Edited by theninermaniac on Feb 10, 2015 at 6:42 PM ]
Awesome thanks maniac
  • Andra
  • Veteran
has he been drafted yet

Nope also is 20+ pounds lighter now than the 350 you see on the vids
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Since07:
Nope also is 20+ pounds lighter now than the 350 you see on the vids

I would love to see us get this guy in the 6th.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

Love me some Terry Williams....#54 in the highlights. He's the 350lber wearing white sleeves. He disappears for a minute or two on the tape, may have been injured. Check out the 3:50 mark, big guy put a move on for stripsack.

He disappeared when multi blocked, one play I saw them triple team him.
[ Edited by Since07 on May 2, 2015 at 1:00 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone