LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 301 users in the forums

Daragon's 2015 Mock Draft (January)

Originally posted by KaeptinKrunch:
Originally posted by rk1642:
Originally posted by daragon:
Possibly, but outside of Vernon Davis, Kaep has never really had a deep threat to compliment his arm. I think it would be awesome to have Gordon, Parker, and Funchess spreading the field for him.

Look, I appreciate you stance but his wr corp was at least as good as any in the NFL this year. Name a team that had a better top to bottom wr roster? I really don't know the problem with Kaep but there is one for sure. I'm not in the coach's film room but its obvious that they scaled back at times and I'm only guessing that its Kaeps lack of understanding or ability to take in all the progressions that's the problem. Maybe I'm base, but at the start of this season, they stacked this O with playmakers and we didn't get better??

Dallas, Green Bay, Detroit, Atlanta, Chicago, Pittsburg, Arizona, Tampa Bay, New York, Washington, Denver, Cleveland. The problem with this group is they are all the same player. Crabtree, boldin and Stevie Johnson are all possession receivers yet we lead the league in drops if I'm not mistaken. I just can't believe people think that this group of receivers we have is as good as any in the league. The niners haven't had a true #1 since Terrell Owens.

Agree 100%. We have one of the strongest armed QB's in the league, if not the strongest. We need WR's who can run down the field and stretch out the defense. Crabtree can't do that when he's healthy, Boldin can't, and Stevie has clearly stated that he can't. Ellington is more shifty and quick then fast, and Patton is an unknown. Getting big bodied speed receivers would be a huge asset for Kaepernick's arm.
I don't know how this money thing work so I'll say it like this

Would like to keep A.Brooks-he makes a lot of big plays for us
Let Crabs walk
Let b.loyd walk
Would like to keep V. Davis and upgrade over Celek

I think we need d-line early 1st or 2nd round
I would say wr-dline or dline-wr
I think we find a pass-rusher earlier than the 6th
Originally posted by Rgonelove:
I don't know how this money thing work so I'll say it like this

Would like to keep A.Brooks-he makes a lot of big plays for us
Let Crabs walk
Let b.loyd walk
Would like to keep V. Davis and upgrade over Celek

I think we need d-line early 1st or 2nd round
I would say wr-dline or dline-wr
I think we find a pass-rusher earlier than the 6th

If we do keep Vernon Davis, I would completely agree with you. But assuming the front office moves on from him is what influenced the mock.
eOriginally posted by daragon:
Possibly, but outside of Vernon Davis, Kaep has never really had a deep threat to compliment his arm. I think it would be awesome to have Gordon, Parker, and Funchess spreading the field for him.

Look, I appreciate you stance but his wr corp was at least as good as any in the NFL this year. Name a team that had a better top to bottom wr roster? I really don't know the problem with Kaep but there is one for sure. I'm not in the coach's film room but its obvious that they scaled back at times and I'm only guessing that its Kaeps lack of understanding or ability to take in all the progressions that's the problem. Maybe I'm base, but at the start of this season, they stacked this O with playmakers and we didn't get better??

Dallas, Green Bay, Detroit, Atlanta, Chicago, Pittsburg, Arizona, Tampa Bay, New York, Washington, Denver, Cleveland. The problem with this group is they are all the same player. Crabtree, boldin and Stevie Johnson are all possession receivers yet we lead the league in drops if I'm not mistaken. I just can't believe people think that this group of receivers we have is as good as any in the league. The niners haven't had a true #1 since Terrell Owens.

Agree 100%. We have one of the strongest armed QB's in the league, if not the strongest. We need WR's who can run down the field and stretch out the defense. Crabtree can't do that when he's healthy, Boldin can't, and Stevie has clearly stated that he can't. Ellington is more shifty and quick then fast, and Patton is an unknown. Getting big bodied speed receivers would be a huge asset for Kaepernick's arm.

Well, I don't agree and think that's going in the wrong direction. I'm sorry, I cant believe that some people don't think we haven't given Kaep more than enough to succeed as a qb and get us over the hump. Instead, he regressed and we got worse as a unit this year.

This wr corp is way beyond average and an equal to most but not all of the teams listed above. But we also have Frank, and one of the top olines in the NFL. Now there were some injuries this year but every team has them and has to find a way to get over them. I'm not saying we cant improve on the wr unit as a whole, I hope we do but I also think some basic things need to get better before any new toys will help!

Have to be able to get a play off on time (simplest of things and saves timeouts), be able to read the D better at the line of scrimmage (so we don't predetermine throws), run the dam ball more (its was and should be our strength), which would help out Kaep a lot.

We have gotten away from the smash mouth football that gave us our edge so that we can what, prove Kaep is a great qb who can put a team on his back and win at all cost? If all we do is add a deep threat to the O it aint gonna change a thing next year.

Parker and Funchess have no speed so how are they gonna spread the field?
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Originally posted by YOUNGster08:
What about maybe trading for Blackmon? He may be cheaper than Gordon since he hasn't played in a while

Not a bad idea. I say we acquire both.

That's a good idea. They can just rotate being suspended. Gordon will be suspended first part of the season, when he comes back, Blackmon gets suspended for the remainder of the season.

Blackmon is a possibility, but I think the Jags want to hold on to their problem child. Lol

My post was sarcastic. Why have 1 knucklehead that won't play a whole season, when you can have 2?

On paper, it was very talented. But truly, Crabtree fell off. And Stevie Johnson was affective part time. Boldin was our best and he's very old. We need a deep threat. Good teams succeed if they have one.

Sounds like we need DGB...........
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by YOUNGster08:
What about maybe trading for Blackmon? He may be cheaper than Gordon since he hasn't played in a while

Not a bad idea. I say we acquire both.

That's a good idea. They can just rotate being suspended. Gordon will be suspended first part of the season, when he comes back, Blackmon gets suspended for the remainder of the season.

Lol
Keep Stevie or trade him... Don't cut him.

I like Stevie Johnson, I do. But think of it this way. We are paying him 6 mil right now, yet we have the potential to improve the position in the draft and by acquiring Josh Gordon. So if we were to make those moves in the draft and with Gordon, how do you keep Stevie at that price? We could try to trade him, but I think teams would just wait for us to cut him. I may be wrong, but if we could trade him, what do you invision we could get for him?

I just don't want to cut him because I am unsure of his cap penalty. I think we could probably trade him and a 3rd rounder to the Browns for Gordon.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
He actually had great stats for how many snaps he got! He will be an improvement over injury-pron Crabtree in my opinion...plus if they get Gordon I don't see them going WR in the 1st.

I don't mind Vic he is 3rd on my list behind Gase and Kubiak. I just don't see any great offensive minds that have connections with Vic and offense is what needs a change.

Well, party of taking WR and trading for Gordon, is that I parted with Stevie and Boldin is only around for one more year.

I just don't think it's wise to cut Stevie, maybe re structure his contract at best. Boldin one year left, Gordon is on the edge of getting suspended once again unless he stays out of trouble for a long time. Stevie is the Vet the team needs after Boldin leaves.
I believe the niners 4th round pick has been traded, so you might want to switch that to the pick the niners gained in the late 4th.

As for copying someone else's format, data...it's polite to recognize that poster or thank them as you borrow. It also helps you as I knew I recognized your page and assumed you plagiarized. LOL...I even looked online to see if you'd copied your picks from one of the sites I follow. Then I read DeUh's comment and realized where I'd seen it.

As for your draft, I think they will go heavy offense this year but the OL might be ahead of TE/RB in the second or third. But as you said...it's just a mock draft!
Something really noticeable about Funchess. I am going to go on a limb and say his hands will be the largest of any WR/TE in this draft class. Huge mitts. The football looks like a toy in his hands.
Originally posted by jrouter4949:

Parker and Funchess have no speed so how are they gonna spread the field?

Parker is 6'3 and much faster then Crabtree. Not sure about Funchess but he is 6'5 230.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Something really noticeable about Funchess. I am going to go on a limb and say his hands will be the largest of any WR/TE in this draft class. Huge mitts. The football looks like a toy in his hands.

I've read good things about Funchess but haven't really watched him much. How would you compare him with Fleener or Ertz?
Share 49ersWebzone