2. Eric Reid
  3. Jimmie Ward
  4. Matthias Farley

Special Teams

• K Phil Dawson
  • P Andy Lee
  • LS Kyle Nelson

Summary

I approached this mock with the intent to bolster the offense and give Kaepernick some serious weapons around him. I shed the possesion type WRs to make room for some home-run hitters. I also moved on from Vernon Davis at TE and brought in some young and effective talent at that position. We took some hits on the defensive line, but I could only address so much realistically this off-season. The DL will have to be addressed over the coming years. There is a great deal of youth in my offseason moves, but I think a new coach will want to bring in fresh faces to add to our talent. A lot of this may change as the offseason moves along, so I will update as I see fit. So blast me and let me know how stupid I am or what you like. Thanks.

*Thank you to DeUh for the layout.
[ Edited by daragon on Jan 9, 2015 at 12:59 PM ]
Yes, by all means lets give Kaep serious weapons. He has never had any decent weapons, oline, coaching, special teams or D to help him out?

What he needs to get to the next level is a qb coach that can get him to read a D much faster and go thru progressions much faster and lean a touch pass.

Then maybe MORE weapons are warranted.

I still say this team is stacked to the gills with talent on both sides of the ball and probably should go BPA after targeting a player in RD 1.

But that's just me.
Originally posted by rk1642:
Yes, by all means lets give Kaep serious weapons. He has never had any decent weapons, oline, coaching, special teams or D to help him out?

What he needs to get to the next level is a qb coach that can get him to read a D much faster and go thru progressions much faster and lean a touch pass.

Then maybe MORE weapons are warranted.

I still say this team is stacked to the gills with talent on both sides of the ball and probably should go BPA after targeting a player in RD 1.

But that's just me.

Possibly, but outside of Vernon Davis, Kaep has never really had a deep threat to compliment his arm. I think it would be awesome to have Gordon, Parker, and Funchess spreading the field for him.
Originally posted by daragon:
Possibly, but outside of Vernon Davis, Kaep has never really had a deep threat to compliment his arm. I think it would be awesome to have Gordon, Parker, and Funchess spreading the field for him.

Look, I appreciate you stance but his wr corp was at least as good as any in the NFL this year. Name a team that had a better top to bottom wr roster? I really don't know the problem with Kaep but there is one for sure. I'm not in the coach's film room but its obvious that they scaled back at times and I'm only guessing that its Kaeps lack of understanding or ability to take in all the progressions that's the problem. Maybe I'm base, but at the start of this season, they stacked this O with playmakers and we didn't get better??
Love just about everything

You think they cut Brooks and Johnson? I think they might be able to get something for him...save 6 million cutting him though. and I could see SJ restructuring his contract or trading him as well.

Hope the extend Smith...and love your draft. Do you see Devin Funchess as a TE though? Not sure how well he blocks or if he is big enough

Who you liking for HC?
Originally posted by rk1642:

Look, I appreciate you stance but his wr corp was at least as good as any in the NFL this year. Name a team that had a better top to bottom wr roster? I really don't know the problem with Kaep but there is one for sure. I'm not in the coach's film room but its obvious that they scaled back at times and I'm only guessing that its Kaeps lack of understanding or ability to take in all the progressions that's the problem. Maybe I'm base, but at the start of this season, they stacked this O with playmakers and we didn't get better??

Starts with the Oline and scheme...and throw in a bunch of good possession WRs with no speed. By the time WRs got through their routes Kap was already under pressure. Why didn't SJ get the ball more??

We saw in 2012 he can throw the ball when the OC called plays that played to the strengths of the personal. Not so much lthis year....not sure why SF had so many 3/4 wr sets when half your oline is made up of rookies and backups. Would have liked to have seen more 2 TE sets that made this team harder to read.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 7, 2015 at 12:30 PM ]
Nice..........
Let Perrish Cox walk?
Originally posted by NYniner85:

You think they cut Brooks and Johnson? I think they might be able to get something for him...save 6 million cutting him though. and I could see SJ restructuring his contract or trading him as well.

Hope the extend Smith...and love your draft. Do you see Devin Funchess as a TE though? Not sure how well he blocks or if he is big enough

Who you liking for HC?

I thought about trading Stevie Johnson, but given his cap number and his production this past season, I think it would be difficult. But it is possible. I just couldn't figure out who would take him and for what.

I like Funchess at TE more then I like him at WR. I think Funchess would have to bulk up and develop his blocking, but I also signed Virgil Green to compliment our TE position and give us at least something to work with for a Superbowl run over the next couple of years. But Funchess would be a great TE asset down the road. A true reveiving threat at the position.

As far as head coach, I'm on the Fangio bandwagon right now, as long as he has a solid idea for OC. As the overseerer of our team, I think Fangio would do one heck of a job and continue our dominance on defense. The OC would be a very important hire though, and QB coach.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Let Perrish Cox walk?

I really like the way he balled out this year, but I just can't see us being able to afford him and Culliver. So looking long term, I would have to keep Culliver, unless he has a stupid idea for how much he's worth and goes somewhere else for money. If that were to happen, then Cox could get his shot at staying here.

I also feel this mock gives us a scary red-zone offense. If Kaepernick can't get it done with these type of weapons, then next year my mock will include a QB very high in the draft. Lol.

Who you liking for HC?

I thought about trading Stevie Johnson, but given his cap number and his production this past season, I think it would be difficult. But it is possible. I just couldn't figure out who would take him and for what.

I like Funchess at TE more then I like him at WR. I think Funchess would have to bulk up and develop his blocking, but I also signed Virgil Green to compliment our TE position and give us at least something to work with for a Superbowl run over the next couple of years. But Funchess would be a great TE asset down the road. A true reveiving threat at the position.

As far as head coach, I'm on the Fangio bandwagon right now, as long as he has a solid idea for OC. As the overseerer of our team, I think Fangio would do one heck of a job and continue our dominance on defense. The OC would be a very important hire though, and QB coach.

He actually had great stats for how many snaps he got! He will be an improvement over injury-pron Crabtree in my opinion...plus if they get Gordon I don't see them going WR in the 1st.

I don't mind Vic he is 3rd on my list behind Gase and Kubiak. I just don't see any great offensive minds that have connections with Vic and offense is what needs a change.
Parker and Funchess 1 & 2? I like
He actually had great stats for how many snaps he got! He will be an improvement over injury-pron Crabtree in my opinion...plus if they get Gordon I don't see them going WR in the 1st.

I don't mind Vic he is 3rd on my list behind Gase and Kubiak. I just don't see any great offensive minds that have connections with Vic and offense is what needs a change.

Well, party of taking WR and trading for Gordon, is that I parted with Stevie and Boldin is only around for one more year.

Well, party of taking WR and trading for Gordon, is that I parted with Stevie and Boldin is only around for one more year.

Okay, I'd like to see what Patton and Ellington could do with some actual playing time too. That was one of the annoying things for me this season. Lloyd didn't bring much to the table and wasn't going to be around next year anyway, all he did was take snaps from young players that where signed to cheap rookie deals.

Gordon
Boldin
SJ
Patton
Ellington

sounds like a good squad to me also I think they would have to sign Gordon as well, not sure what that would cost??
Share 49ersWebzone