LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 149 users in the forums

mock 2015 off season

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Why do people think that they can just plug in some OC than everything will be just fine? What I should have asked is if you feel like going the DC to HC route who would you pick for OC? Because that is what has been wrong with this team. Getting a bunch of WRs isn't going to solve this issue if the person calling the plays is a dummy lol.

This. The whole idea that you can just fine some terrific OC on the street corner....and if they do a good job....replace them with someone equivalent doesn't make much sense to me. And then if you get into having to replace OC's every year, that becomes a nightmare fast. My ideal candidates are Kubiak and Gase. If they had to go defense, Quinn or Austin both interest me more than Fangio who has been a mediocre defensive coordinator outside of S.F.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 7, 2015 at 1:35 PM ]
Originally posted by Trav49:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Talk about WR overkill.........

Lol I could have said that last year with crab, SJ, bolding, Lloyd, patton, Bruce, but our WR core was overrated.. T. SMITH AND A ROOKIE is not overkill.. SJ got to make the team and this is boldin last year.. So you telling draft 1 WR and we good no free agent ???
Right now we got
Boldin
SJ
Bruce
Patton
Parker or white and a free agent T. Smith

If that's overkill I rather play dead then...

SJ is under contract (until 2017) so he is on the team...I don't see why he wouldn't restructure his contract (he played well when given a opportunity)
Boldin is there at least other yr
Bruce needs more snaps
Patton needs more snaps
and either a rookie or FA (don't need both) and based on the cap it will be a rookie

5 WRs and or a special teamer (osgood) is the max for the roster. We need to start developing these rookie WRs or just stop drafting them all together
If white or Parker not there DL will be more then smart..But Jim was a offense coach I think a Todd or Vic will be best.. I think all we need is a good qb coach and a smart OC..

Why do people think that they can just plug in some OC than everything will be just fine? What I should have asked is if you feel like going the DC to HC route who would you pick for OC? Because that is what has been wrong with this team. Getting a bunch of WRs isn't going to solve this issue if the person calling the plays is a dummy lol.

If white or Parker not there DL will be more then smart..But Jim was a offense coach I think a Todd or Vic will be best.. I think all we need is a good qb coach and a smart OC..

I like the cowboys passing coordinator Scott linehan for OC he call all the plays for the cowboys... We don't have a bright future at WR boldin gone what our fans don't get lol after boldin then what ? We need 2 WR this off season.
I feel we need 2 WR this off season is called competition only WR we got is boldin... everybody else got to compete... It's a 53 man roster load up only the best can play and our WR take too long to develop..
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Talk about WR overkill.........

Lol I could have said that last year with crab, SJ, bolding, Lloyd, patton, Bruce, but our WR core was overrated.. T. SMITH AND A ROOKIE is not overkill.. SJ got to make the team and this is boldin last year.. So you telling draft 1 WR and we good no free agent ???
Right now we got
Boldin
SJ
Bruce
Patton
Parker or white and a free agent T. Smith

If that's overkill I rather play dead then...

SJ is under contract (until 2017) so he is on the team...I don't see why he wouldn't restructure his contract (he played well when given a opportunity)
Bruce needs more snaps
Patton needs more snaps
and either a rookie or FA (don't need both) and based on the cap it will be a rookie

5 WRs and or a special teamer (osgood) is the max for the roster. We need to start developing these rookie WRs or just stop drafting them all together

Bruce needs more snaps
Patton needs more snaps

[ Edited by Trav49 on Jan 7, 2015 at 2:01 PM ]
You only project picks 1-3? As previous years have shown, Baalke can get a lot of value in rds 4-7. Seems you'd want a full draft that would compliment whatever FA's are signed. This is especially true given TB will be picking at #15 vice the end of the draft.

Torrey Smith will be very hard to pry from the Ravens...Flacco loves throwing to him and they've had success. Ravens will do everything possible to keep that connection going.

I like Shorts...and available cap space could mean he's the guy since the Ravens will try their hardest to keep T Smith.

Overall, you're right about the WR position...not nearly enough speed. Nobody we currently have scares opponents.

With Hunter coming back, he'll provide some speed from the RB position. Duke Johnson would supplant that, good pick there.

We have speed at the CB and S positions. Reid's plenty fast...not sure why you don't acknowledge that. Jimmie Ward is arguably Bethea's eventual replacement, and he's got good speed, too.

You don't need speed on the DL...you do need quickness. All of which is why Leonard Williams makes a ton of sense in the 1st rd. Covington sounds good, too, but playing in Conf USA's a far cry from the Pac 12. If Justin Smith calls it quits, I could see Baalke addressing DL early and often.

Overall, I like your first 3 rounds, but suggest you do a full 7 rd mock.

I like the cowboys passing coordinator Scott linehan for OC he call all the plays for the cowboys... We don't have a bright future at WR boldin gone what our fans don't get lol after boldin then what ? We need 2 WR this off season.

Okay well there's a name at least, not sure if he has ties with Bowles? and he turned down the OC job a couple years ago if I remember correctly. They have SJ,Boldin, Ellington, Patton all under contract so I can see grabbing one other hopefully in the draft. Why draft Ellington or Patton if your never going to play them?
Okay well there's a name at least, not sure if he has ties with Bowles? and he turned down the OC job a couple years ago if I remember correctly. They have SJ,Boldin, Ellington, Patton all under contract so I can see grabbing one other hopefully in the draft. Why draft Ellington or Patton if your never going to play them?

I believe they will play Ellington and patton.. I'm just saying we have the same WR"s I don't see a difference between Ellington and Patton or SJ.. Boldin is done after this year then what draft a WR or free agency . We need 2 guys to compete now so do it now. Parker bring height and a lil speed, great hands, T. Smith bring speed.. Boldin muscle... Ellington give us special teams and he is a real slot receiver.. We can use him like Percy Harvin... Patton can take Crabtree spot... Stevie Johnson good WR but he got to show me why he deserve a spot.... And if he do We still good...

2015:
Boldin
S.J if he make the team this year.
Parker Louisville
T.Smith raven
Ellington
Patton

That's 6 WR"s

2016:
S.J if he is there.
Parker Louisville
T. Smith Ravens
Ellington
Patton

If S.J not with us we still good
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
You only project picks 1-3? As previous years have shown, Baalke can get a lot of value in rds 4-7. Seems you'd want a full draft that would compliment whatever FA's are signed. This is especially true given TB will be picking at #15 vice the end of the draft.

Torrey Smith will be very hard to pry from the Ravens...Flacco loves throwing to him and they've had success. Ravens will do everything possible to keep that connection going.

I like Shorts...and available cap space could mean he's the guy since the Ravens will try their hardest to keep T Smith.

Overall, you're right about the WR position...not nearly enough speed. Nobody we currently have scares opponents.

With Hunter coming back, he'll provide some speed from the RB position. Duke Johnson would supplant that, good pick there.

We have speed at the CB and S positions. Reid's plenty fast...not sure why you don't acknowledge that. Jimmie Ward is arguably Bethea's eventual replacement, and he's got good speed, too.

You don't need speed on the DL...you do need quickness. All of which is why Leonard Williams makes a ton of sense in the 1st rd. Covington sounds good, too, but playing in Conf USA's a far cry from the Pac 12. If Justin Smith calls it quits, I could see Baalke addressing DL early and often.

Overall, I like your first 3 rounds, but suggest you do a full 7 rd mock.

Leonard will be gone for sure but I will love that if he is there at 15. Covington he is a good second round pick and a 3 round steal. Speed at CB/S we the young guys we guys like DJ, Ackers, Keith, is good and I forgot about jimmy he just got to show me he can play.. you right... But if cowboy call it quit replacing him will be our number one priority.. And my other picks 4~7 round will be the best players available at positions needed...

If T.Smith go back to the ravens, Cecil Shorts will be a good pick with a fair price tag... And the best DL men available if j.Smith retire in round 1, And a ROOKIE WR with height and speed and the second round.. Cool
Oh yea Hunter got to compete back to back acl injuries... last year we had 2 RB after Lattimore retire and Frank got 1 year left in his tank...

RB"s:
Frank Gore
Carlos
Hunter and Duke Johnson compete for the number 3 spot..
if Frank is gone we can just keep all three Carlos, D.Johnson, Hunter and Trey Millards our back up FB can be our extra power back check his flim out at Oklahoma...
[ Edited by Trav49 on Jan 7, 2015 at 4:10 PM ]
  • HERN
  • Veteran
I say we just say screw the system and we go after Josh Gordon, Justin Blackmon and Ray Rice. And if he comes cheap, lets welcome Greg Hardy.

Were always going to be a disliked team, now lets give them a good reason to hate us.

Do it Trent.
Originally posted by HERN:
I say we just say screw the system and we go after Josh Gordon, Justin Blackmon and Ray Rice. And if he comes cheap, lets welcome Greg Hardy.

Were always going to be a disliked team, now lets give them a good reason to hate us.

Do it Trent.

I'm down with you... I just want to win the Superbowl by any means necessary....

Share 49ersWebzone