head coach:Todd Bowles
offensive coordinator: Scott Linehan
defensive coordinator: Vic Rangoon

1~3 round
1. Devante Parker Wr Louisville
2.Christian Covington DE rice
3.T.J Clemmings T/G Pittsburgh
3.Duke Johnson RB Miami" A.Brooks trade"

remaining needs: pass rusher, speedy receiver, tights end, quarterback,cornerback.

Free agency
1. Torrey Smith Wr ravens
2. Cecil Shorts Wr Jaguars
3. Matt Moore QB Miami
4.Travelle Wharton G Panthers

Resign

1.Frank Gore
2.P.Cox
3. Kyle Nelson
4.Dan Skuta

Trade

1. A.Brooks and a 5 round pick for a 3 round in 2015
2.V. Davis for a 5 round

Cut
1. Craig Dahl

Don't like the HC (why wouldn't they just promote Vic if they went defensive background?)

I like the positions you went after in the draft. But not the players so much. Parker would be money, but doubt he is there at 15 and Christian Covington doesn't really stick out to me as a 2nd rd pick. TJ is a OT we need a guard.

Duke Johnson would be nice if he is there. Don't see how or why your gonna sign Smith and Shorts??? They don't need 3 new WRs lol.

Not sure a team would throw out a 3rd for Brooks huge salary.
I like the Torrey Smith idea.
We have Boldin, SJ, Patton, Ellington returning at WR. You want to draft 1 in the 1st rd and sign 2 more as free agents? We would have 7 WR's. A little overkill, maybe? I could see drafting 1 early with speed and hands and maybe taking one later if a gem fell to us. As for signing another WR it would be a waste unless we manage a trade of SJ to open up a roster spot and playing time.

By the way. You said we need to get rid of A Brooks, V Davis and Craig to free up cap space. Who is Craig?

As for speed at RB. We are a power running team. We have plenty of speed for that position. Seattle has no more speed at RB than we have. You also left Kendall Hunter out of the depth chart and he will be back next season.
We have Boldin, SJ, Patton, Ellington returning at WR. You want to draft 1 in the 1st rd and sign 2 more as free agents? We would have 7 WR's. A little overkill, maybe? I could see drafting 1 early with speed and hands and maybe taking one later if a gem fell to us. As for signing another WR it would be a waste unless we manage a trade of SJ to open up a roster spot and playing time.

By the way. You said we need to get rid of A Brooks, V Davis and Craig to free up cap space. Who is Craig?

As for speed at RB. We are a power running team. We have plenty of speed for that position. Seattle has no more speed at RB than we have. You also left Kendall Hunter out of the depth chart and he will be back next season.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:

I'm not saying sign both guy it's either Smith or short not both, but Craig Dahl back up safety. And we can't just be one-dimensional power WE need speed and if D.Johnson is there perfect 2 power backs don't make since.. And Kendall Hunter got to make the team compete.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Don't like the HC (why wouldn't they just promote Vic if they went defensive background?)

I like the positions you went after in the draft. But not the players so much. Parker would be money, but doubt he is there at 15 and Christian Covington doesn't really stick out to me as a 2nd rd pick. TJ is a OT we need a guard.

Duke Johnson would be nice if he is there. Don't see how or why your gonna sign Smith and Shorts??? They don't need 3 new WRs lol.

Todd Bowles and Vic is the only 2 guys I will take as our HC. But

If we was gone promote Vic what's taken so long. it would have been done a week ago, you know him the he been in sf 4 years it don't take that long when you know a guy, unless he is not what you looking for in a head coach.

Parker or white 1 will be there idc which we need a play marker at WR and we got the 15 pic we got to pay whoever we draft there.Covington will be a perfect at DE for us in the second round check the film. T.J can play both look at the film lol... And he better then Jonathan Martin now cause now JM do both for us..

Smith or shorts they are guys we should target in free agency not sign.. You pick idc which one we get but we need 1...

Somebody need a pass rusher A.Brooks + a 5round pick somebody Wil give us a 3 round pick
Originally posted by Trav49:

I'm not saying sign both guy it's either Smith or short not both, but Craig Dahl back up safety. And we can't just be one-dimensional power WE need speed and if D.Johnson is there perfect 2 power backs don't make since.. And Kendall Hunter got to make the team compete.

Do you know how many superbowls have been won by teams with power backs dominating their carries or having them all? Emmit Smith wasn't fast. Not faster than Gore or Hyde. Franco Harris. Lynch. If Gore returns we have 3 good backs and lots of needs. We don't have any early picks to waste on a player who will be 4th string. Maybe a pick in the 5th-7th rounds for depth.

As for signing a WR when drafting one in the 1st round. When will he see the field? If Boldin and SJ start and the 1st rd pick is our #3 you want to sign a free agent to be our #4 receiver (while using up cap space to sign him) and then push Patton and Ellington further down the depth chart. I would rather get Patton and Ellington some playing time unless you want to trade SJ and open up some more cap space and playing time.

Do you know how many superbowls have been won by teams with power backs dominating their carries or having them all? Emmit Smith wasn't fast. Not faster than Gore or Hyde. Franco Harris. Lynch. If Gore returns we have 3 good backs and lots of needs. We don't have any early picks to waste on a player who will be 4th string. Maybe a pick in the 5th-7th rounds for depth.

As for signing a WR when drafting one in the 1st round. When will he see the field? If Boldin and SJ start and the 1st rd pick is our #3 you want to sign a free agent to be our #4 receiver (while using up cap space to sign him) and then push Patton and Ellington further down the depth chart. I would rather get Patton and Ellington some playing time unless you want to trade SJ and open up some more cap space and playing time.

E. Smith had a great oline great our online when from good to ok. And Frank was our E.Smith Lol And that's then we talking now Carlos that's our power back that's all we need. AND this is a passing lead now it's only a few teams use RB"s like they should. IF IF Frank come back he got 1 year left and he is a injury away Frank best RB ever play in sf however I just 1 more year in him. D. Johnson and Carlos will be a bright future. This is Boldin last year with us and yes I want T.Smith ravens, We need speed we had 5 WR that can pretty much do the same thing run short routes nobody can take the top off and SJ gotta stay healthy... We can trade/cut SJ if we get T.Smith hell yea...

If we was gone promote Vic what's taken so long. it would have been done a week ago, you know him the he been in sf 4 years it don't take that long when you know a guy, unless he is not what you looking for in a head coach.

Parker or white 1 will be there idc which we need a play marker at WR and we got the 15 pic we got to pay whoever we draft there.Covington will be a perfect at DE for us in the second round check the film. T.J can play both look at the film lol... And he better then Jonathan Martin now cause now JM do both for us..

Smith or shorts they are guys we should target in free agency not sign.. You pick idc which one we get but we need 1...

Somebody need a pass rusher A.Brooks + a 5round pick somebody Wil give us a 3 round pick

Why would Parker or White be there at 15? There are at least 4 teams ahead of us that needs a WR....I hope your right that one will be there though.

Well if they grab a WR in FA then we don't need one in the 1st. I'd rather go DL (depending on J Smith). Yeah I don't know much about these other guys (still early in the process) but most mocks have them projected in later rds, still early though.

As far as HC They're leaving no stone upturned and the have to satisfy the rooney rule before they can even declare a HC. I don't get the idea of a DC turned HC idea. Offense is the issue and if your going that route I'd like to see what they would take as a OC. I like Gase or Kubiak as HC and leaving Vic as the DC.

Thanks for the write up, gives us something to talk about
Talk about WR overkill.........

Why would Parker or White be there at 15? There are at least 4 teams ahead of us that needs a WR....I hope your right that one will be there though.

Well if they grab a WR in FA then we don't need one in the 1st. I'd rather go DL (depending on J Smith). Yeah I don't know much about these other guys (still early in the process) but most mocks have them projected in later rds, still early though.

As far as HC They're leaving no stone upturned and the have to satisfy the rooney rule before they can even declare a HC. I don't get the idea of a DC turned HC idea. Offense is the issue and if your going that route I'd like to see what they would take as a OC. I like Gase or Kubiak as HC and leaving Vic as the DC.

Thanks for the write up, gives us something to talk about

If white or Parker not there DL will be more then smart..But Jim was a offense coach I think a Todd or Vic will be best.. I think all we need is a good qb coach and a smart OC..
If white or Parker not there DL will be more then smart..But Jim was a offense coach I think a Todd or Vic will be best.. I think all we need is a good qb coach and a smart OC..

That's all huh......

What happens when that smart OC, assuming he does a good job, inevitably leaves for a head coaching gig?

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Talk about WR overkill.........

Lol I could have said that last year with crab, SJ, bolding, Lloyd, patton, Bruce, but our WR core was overrated.. T. SMITH AND A ROOKIE is not overkill.. SJ got to make the team and this is boldin last year.. So you telling draft 1 WR and we good no free agent ???
Right now we got
Boldin
SJ
Bruce
Patton
Parker or white and a free agent T. Smith

If that's overkill I rather play dead then...

Why do people think that they can just plug in some OC than everything will be just fine? What I should have asked is if you feel like going the DC to HC route who would you pick for OC? Because that is what has been wrong with this team. Getting a bunch of WRs isn't going to solve this issue if the person calling the plays is a dummy lol.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

That's all huh......

What happens when that smart OC, assuming he does a good job, inevitably leaves for a head coaching gig?
Lol it's a business
Next man up what you mean I just hope we can have a ring when he gone...
Share 49ersWebzone