There are 404 users in the forums

Eddie Goldman - DL - Florida State

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
In a 4-3, put this guy right next to Justin Smith with Aldon and Lynch on the ends.

Sick.

Something also tells me that this guy could be a favorite among the 49ers brass. I just think it's less likely that we go the Kevin White route in the first round now.

You could be right.
In the preseason, I said I was far more impressed w/ Goldman than w/ Mario Edwards Jr. However, Goldman did get his ass handed to him by the Ducks' O-line.
Thoughts on Brown vs Goldman?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I will never forgive Baalke if he pass up on this guy for another DL..
Originally posted by 9moon:
I will never forgive Baalke if he pass up on this guy for another DL..

You really think he's that good? Did you see the Oregon game?
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Jan 19, 2015 at 4:50 PM ]
Since I'm resigned to the fact that a couple of my favourite players won't be there at 15, I'm starting to think Goldman might actually be the best value if the NIners can't trade down. I'm not in love with his play, but I'd take him over Davante Parker.
Watched the Florida State-Louisville game numerous times, and Goldman was so difficult to control. Louisville has a stud guard in John Miller, and the battle was pretty epic. Watched about 7 games this year, and Goldman performs at a high level. I have him as a top 12 prospect in this draft. I grade him out better than Malcom Brown, who had a very good year. Goldman is 6'4", 336, with 33 1/8" arm length, and 10 1/8" hands. Very good measurables. Was not able to work out at the combine but will be working out at FSU's Pro Day on March 31.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Feb 26, 2015 at 2:31 AM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Watched the Florida State-Louisville game numerous times, and Goldman was so difficult to control. Louisville has a stud guard in John Miller, and the battle was pretty epic. Watched about 7 games this year, and Goldman performs at a high level. I have him as a top 12 prospect in this draft. I grade him out better than Malcom Brown, who had a very good year. Goldman is 6'4", 336, with 33 1/8" arm length, and 10 1/8" hands. Very good measurables. Was not able to work out at the combine but will be working out at FSU's Pro Day on March 31.

Is he hurt?

real intriguing prospect. looks real quick off the snap
I'm kind of worried that both he and Shelton will be gone before #15. But, if that's true, either one of the top 3 receivers will be there or possibly Trae Waynes at corner will be there.

But if he's there, that would be a great pick IMO.

Who do you like for a pro NT better? Shelton or Goldman? I thought it was definitely Shelton until I got a better look at Goldman. He's really something.

At his point I'm a bit torn on Goldman or Strong with the Niners 1st pick...but i think i have to go with Goldman. I love DL studs and this guy seems to fill a lot of needs. He can play multiple positions on the DL correct?
Originally posted by crake49:
Who do you like for a pro NT better? Shelton or Goldman? I thought it was definitely Shelton until I got a better look at Goldman. He's really something.

Goldman over Shelton all day long. Not in love with either Goldman is better right now & has a higher ceiling too IMO.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Feb 26, 2015 at 2:09 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Is he hurt?

Probably his injured ankle is not perfect yet
Maybe now that JSmith is gone, a d-lineman might be back on the docket (pun intended) like Eddie Goldman?

Interesting to see how a good team (New England) has drafted in the first round since 2000 when Belicheat took over:

OT
DT
TE
DT
DT
OG
RB
S
LB
S
OT
DE
DT... 8 out of 13 first-round picks have been linemen. 9 out of 13 were on defense.

Almost every year fans want to draft the next Dez Bryant, but the smart teams will be looking for the next Richard Seymour. I don't think Goldman is even close to that good, but after Leonard & Eddie, there's a black-diamond-like drop off in talent at DT IMO.
Share 49ersWebzone