There are 152 users in the forums

- 1 -

Hey DeUh,

That's a lot of work - thanks!!!

Really like you emphasis on the offense in the draft and Odrick would be a VERY solid pick-up.
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
not a fan of taken a RB early its a wasted pick as we have bigger needs ....

I don´t see any 3-4 DE´s in the 2015 Draft that would give us a significant upgrade over Carradine or Dial next season in the 2nd round.

Speed on the outside, a healthy OL + a Hyde/Coleman combo is just what the doctor ordered IMO.

Ray Mac is gone J.Smith is probably gone behind them we have a injured Dorsey a injured Williams(2 injuries in 2 yrz may I add)...no quality back ups besides Carradine , I dont see Dial N TJE as anything special ... With a weak draft class I'd like to see us trade up back into tha 1st round N take Eddie Goldman he can play all over tha line ... only if we had taken Tuitt last yr like I screamed for we would be way better off ...
How many high round picks are we going to spend on RB? We have taken one in either the 2nd or 4th since 2011. No thanks on another one.
Love it! Your #1 and 2 picks is exactly who I want in those spots. Would drastically improve our offense
Given the depth we have at RB, and assuming Gore does re-sign as you've suggested, why bother with a RB pick so high? Other than that I like what you are up to here.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GEEK:
Solid first mock DeUh - I enjoy reading your posts and mocks. A few thoughts

- Love the Jared Odrick signing. I've been on his bandwagon for the last 2 seasons. Stout against the run, and adds value as a pass rusher. Experienced in the 3-4 and 4-3 across all positions.

- Not too familiar with Miles, but he posted some good numbers for the Ravens. I wonder if we ask Dahl to take a pay cut instead of cutting him outright. Baalke seems very high on him - wonder if it's the mid-west connection. But I'm with you that we need to upgrade the position.

- If we sign Parnell, I think we cut Jonathan Martin for the cap savings. $1M for a guy who can barely play RT? Yeah, gone.

- If you extend/restructure those players, I think you have cap room for one major signing (or resigning). Food for thought.

- Love the 1-2-3 punch in the draft to address our offensive woes. All solid players, and exactly the direction we should go.

- The only two concerns I have about this mock are the CB and OLB positions. I hope we lock Cox down with an extension, or address the position in the draft. With the departure of Brooks, lack of security with Aldon, and Skuta's strength mainly as a run defender, I think we go the FA route to get a rotational pass rusher.

Otherwise, very realistic and strong upgrades to the roster. Nice job man.

Likewise.

The only reason I did not cut J.Martin is because of possible injuries during TC. With Parnell on the roster and $1,042,400 in savings there is no way he makes the 53.

If we still have enough Cap Room at that point my favorite pass rusher in FA is OLB Pernell McPhee Ravens. That would be a mic drop moment for Baalke. 35 qb hurries, 21 qb hits and 8 sacks this season. Total beast and can play all over the line.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by midrdan:
How many high round picks are we going to spend on RB? We have taken one in either the 2nd or 4th since 2011. No thanks on another one.

There is a good chance that Tevin Coleman would end that trend.

Originally posted by bzborow1:
Given the depth we have at RB, and assuming Gore does re-sign as you've suggested, why bother with a RB pick so high? Other than that I like what you are up to here.

He is just too good to pass up IMO. Carlos Hyde + Tevin Coleman is a VERY scary combination for the future.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Here are 2 plays from Geneo Grissom OLB Oklahoma #85

Interception, 38 Yards TD http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11475698
Sack for -11 Yards http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11720908

He is raw from a technical standpoint but has serious potential IMO and similar to McPhee he can line up all over the place (played TE, DT and OLB for Oklahoma).
[ Edited by DeUh on Jan 2, 2015 at 2:44 PM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Jeromy Miles S/ST Baltimore Ravens

This season he played 335 snaps on defense, has a +5.4 grade by PFF (5.2 in coverage), 2 qb hurries, 18 tackles, 1 interception and qb´s had a NFL QB Rating of 4.6 throwing into his coverage.

On ST he made 6 tackles, zero missed tackles and has a overall 3.5 grade by PFF in 2014.
[ Edited by DeUh on Jan 2, 2015 at 3:47 PM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Jermey Parnell OT Dallas Cowboys

2014 Pre Season: 156 snaps, +2.8 overall grade by PFF (+0.4 pass block, +2.8 run block).
2014 Reg Season: 388 snaps, + 8.7 overall grade by PFF (+3.4 pass block, +5.3 run block)

Jonathan Martin OT San Francisco 49ers

2014 Pre Season 132 snaps: -1.7 overall grade by PFF ( +2.7 pass block, -3.8 run block)
2014 Reg Season: 660 snaps, -10.9 overall grade by PFF (-4.3 pass block, -6.5 run block)
[ Edited by DeUh on Jan 2, 2015 at 3:59 PM ]

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Tye Smith CB Towson

2013 Season Stats: 103 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, 1 sack, 15 pass break ups and 2 interceptions.

Towson Football Tye Smith

Originally posted by cciowa:
keep cox, get rid of boone

IMO Culliver is the better player + might be easier to retain.

If Iupati walks I don´t think there is a chance Boone will be cut before TC.

Lost me when you said Culliver was the better player.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

Have you watched the All22 this season? Here are the cold numbers.

Chris Culliver: 839 snaps, 15 passes defensed and 4 interception on 73 throws, longest reception allowed 45 yards, NFL QB Rating when trowing into his coverage 66.5, +8.5 overall grade by PFF (14th in the NFL).

Perrish Cox: 965 snaps, 18 passes defensed and 5 interceptions on 96 throws, longest reception allowed 63 yards, NFL QB Rating when throwing into his coverage 78.0, +1.2 overall grade by PFF (35th in the NFL).
[ Edited by DeUh on Jan 6, 2015 at 3:17 AM ]
Originally posted by GEEK:
Solid first mock DeUh - I enjoy reading your posts and mocks. A few thoughts

- Love the Jared Odrick signing. I've been on his bandwagon for the last 2 seasons. Stout against the run, and adds value as a pass rusher. Experienced in the 3-4 and 4-3 across all positions.

- Not too familiar with Miles, but he posted some good numbers for the Ravens. I wonder if we ask Dahl to take a pay cut instead of cutting him outright. Baalke seems very high on him - wonder if it's the mid-west connection. But I'm with you that we need to upgrade the position.

- If we sign Parnell, I think we cut Jonathan Martin for the cap savings. $1M for a guy who can barely play RT? Yeah, gone.

- If you extend/restructure those players, I think you have cap room for one major signing (or resigning). Food for thought.

- Love the 1-2-3 punch in the draft to address our offensive woes. All solid players, and exactly the direction we should go.

- The only two concerns I have about this mock are the CB and OLB positions. I hope we lock Cox down with an extension, or address the position in the draft. With the departure of Brooks, lack of security with Aldon, and Skuta's strength mainly as a run defender, I think we go the FA route to get a rotational pass rusher.

Otherwise, very realistic and strong upgrades to the roster. Nice job man.

Well said. Most of my thoughts exactly. Sorry, but Dahl has got to go no matter what the cost. QB prospects are pretty thin and Grayson is as good as it gets for a mid round prospect. Nice mock to start the season.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

Have you watched the All22 this season? Here are the cold numbers.

Chris Culliver: 839 snaps, 6 passes defensed and 4 interception on 73 throws, longest reception allowed 45 yards, NFL QB Rating when trowing into his coverage 66.5, +8.5 overall grade by PFF (14th in the NFL).

Perrish Cox: 965 snaps, 8 passes defensed and 5 interceptions on 96 throws, longest reception allowed 63 yards, NFL QB Rating when throwing into his coverage 78.0, +1.2 overall grade by PFF (35th in the NFL),

To be fair, Cully also plays to the QB's left (the place we put the weaker CB) and he missed the Denver game where Manning roasted Cox (no shame in that though). Cox plays in the slot and outside so Cox > Cully.
Share 49ersWebzone