LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Do we have a quarterback in our range who projects to better than Kaep?

The team should always look to develop a QB, whether the goal is replacement or trade currency. The team not taking advantage of Harbaugh's "QB Whisperer" reputation really makes me think that whole bit may be a load of crap. The experiments with McCoy and Gabbert weren't impressive, though they never were.
Originally posted by buck:
Kaepernick is the only quarterback on the roster for next year.

So it seems pretty obvious that we have to add at least one quarterback in the draft and free agency.

I have not spent much time looking at which quarterbacks will be available in either free agency or the draft.

This whole quarterback draft class is going to be thrown for a loop, If Jameis Winston decides not to enter the draft.

A bad QB class would only get worse.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by buck:
Kaepernick is the only quarterback on the roster for next year.

So it seems pretty obvious that we have to add at least one quarterback in the draft and free agency.

I have not spent much time looking at which quarterbacks will be available in either free agency or the draft.

This whole quarterback draft class is going to be thrown for a loop, If Jameis Winston decides not to enter the draft.

A bad QB class would only get worse.

Which is why I think someone like Sean Mannion will get over drafted. I haven't heard any media in Hawaii saying that Mariota was declaring either. If he doesn't declare I don't think any QB will be drafted in the 1st round.
Kap will be coached by Kurt Warner and throwing to Odell Beckham Jr this off-season. That's pretty darn good company...so my answer to the question is let's wait & see how Warner can positively impact him. There's too much invested in him to cut bait after a poor season. Kap has physical tools few QB's have...so I'm anxious to see how those tools can be developed.
Share 49ersWebzone