LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 221 users in the forums

T.J. Yeldon RB Alabama

I am suprised there hasn't been a thread on him yet or atleast I couldn't find one. But I believe he is worthy of a draft pick, he always keeps his shoulders square and feet pumping. Almost always gets a positive gain in yardage and is a decent blocker. Wasn't used much as a pass catcher but I believe he has the ability to. Solid build 6'2" 221 per Alabama website.

I love watching him play, but 'Bama running backs are tough to really get a good read on.
Originally posted by CougNiner:
I love watching him play, but 'Bama running backs are tough to really get a good read on.

Ingram, Richardson, Lacy...2 outta 3 aint bad lol
Not really a fan of him in the pros. Runs too high and doesn't get low enough
Originally posted by lamontb:

That can be taught but he's quick, elusive, has great vision and stays square looking to get up field. I personally think he's gonna be a baller
Is he coming out into the draft this year?
I love the way this kid runs.
Just ran an unofficial 4.65 with a 1.71 10m split
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Just ran an unofficial 4.65 with a 1.71 10m split

ouch
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
ouch

That 1.71 is the slowest by far

Originally posted by lamontb:

I am a bit leery of upright RB's myself, but there have been some successful ones in the NFL. Jamaal Charles, Arian Foster, Eric Dickerson, Eddie George, to name a few.

His vision, elusiveness and acceleration, IMO, make up for his upright running style, because it enables him to avoid the big hits that doom upright runners. And he DOES know when to turn it upfield and lower his shoulder.

I think he will be a steal in the 2nd round and would make for an excellent compliment to Carlos Hyde.
Alabama RB T.J. Yeldon might be a better fit as a "true foundation back" in the NFL than Wisconsin's Melvin Gordon, according to NFL Films' Greg Cosell.

"The guy I really like (is) T.J. Yeldon out of Alabama," said Cosell. "I think his running style and his mentality is well suited to the NFL. He has a very intuitive feel to attack downhill with conviction, and he has great ability to work effectively between the tackles. He's very compact in his movement and he gets through small cracks. That is so critical in the NFL for backs, to be able to get through small cracks at the point of attack." We agree with a lot of what Cosell says, but we're not with him on this one. As much as he's high on Yeldon, it seems he's down on Gordon, a viewpoint we don't share. Concerning Yeldon, we see a smooth runner with burst who has a delightful habit of always falling forward on contact. He's a mid- second-rounder.

Rotoworld

I don't know, Bama RB's seem great in their system and with the oline players they usually have, I would way rather have Gordon.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Well, lets put it this way ... This kid is not a home run type of runner, but each time I watched him play at Alabama, the guy gains yardage...

How fast do you really need to be??

He's a big guy, maybe he runs high.. .maybe we can pick him up in the 4th or something and he can be another Roger Craig for us..
Share 49ersWebzone