There are 146 users in the forums

Butter's mock/off season plan v. 1

Because it is so early in the off season, this is my ideal scenario. Ill apply more reality as the draft gets closer.

Head coach
Bill Cowher: the Steelers were my favorite AFC team under Cowher. I know its a pipe dream, but he is the best case scenario to replace Harbs. Convincing him to come out of retirement would show the fans that York/Baalke arent just shooting from the hip.

Roster moves:

Let walk/trade
Crabtree
Iupati
Boone
Culiver
Brooks
Osgood

Resign
Gore
Cox
Skuta
Jerrod-Eddie

Draft

Trade down with Bengals
1/15 for
1/23 and 2/55

1/23 Doriel Green-Beckham
DGB has baggage and risk. I think it is very likely the Niners stay at 15 and draft White. But from an on the field prospective (especially the red zone) DGB is exactly what the Niners need. He has a height advantage over everyone, including Richard Sherman.

2/46 Cameron Erving
Initially, I was looking for OG here. With Marcus Martin and Daniel Kilgore, the Niners seem set at OC. But I love Erving's versatility. He was a starting OT prior to this year and could literally ay anywhere on the oline.

2/55 Malcom Brown
Many fans site Williams and Dorsey or the Niners frequency of playing the nickle as reasons they dont need to draft a NT. I want a solid NT to smack RB down, and slow down/stop Lynchs Beast mode.

3/79 Hauoli Kikaha
I actually think he'll be long gone. But a solid DE/OLB would be a good target here, especially if Brooks is gone.

4/129 Jeff Heaurman
Also a good chance he is gone at this point. I think the TE class will shift a lot depending on the all star games and combine. I he was under utilized at Ohio. I like his size and ability to stretch the seam.

5/143 Henry Anderson
Most early big boards have him very low at this point. With his measurables, he could shoot up boards. I lovd his siza and production.

6/174 Phillil Dorsett
True burner who can stretch the field. Id love to see him compete withPatton and Ellington for the slot 3/4 WR role.

7/218 Karlos Williams
His vision, decisiveness, and blocking have been questioned and he's new to the RB position. But, he has great speed and big time potential. Id love to see what Rathman could do with his potential.
I'm not sure how Jed talks so much about having more class on and off the field...blah, blah....and then picks DGB in the first. I like him a lot as a player, top-10 talent, but Jed would really be exposing himself as a hypocrite.... Well, nevermind...DGB it is!
Originally posted by Murphys1:
I'm not sure how Jed talks so much about having more class on and off the field...blah, blah....and then picks DGB in the first. I like him a lot as a player, top-10 talent, but Jed would really be exposing himself as a hypocrite.... Well, nevermind...DGB it is!

I think you are 100% correct. I think if White is on the board, the Niners will just pull the trigger and draft him. But if the Niners are serious about improve their redzone offense, DGB would be the pick.
I think white would be an excellent pick. He is a red zone threat he seems to be a combination of bolden and crabs, crazy hops and strong hands
But I feel as though our so called nose tackles are really defensive ends, I would love to get Danny Shelton a true nose tackle and really smack some asses, this guy can do all the things to stay on the field all 3 downs tfl's-sacks-qb hits and disruptive this guy is like moving a waterplug
Receiver in the 2nd round
You're right about Kikaha. He will be long gone by the mid 3rd. I think Owamagbe Odighizuwa from UCLA or Devonte Fields from TCU would be available at that spot. Solid draft otherwise.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
You're right about Kikaha. He will be long gone by the mid 3rd. I think Owamagbe Odighizuwa from UCLA or Devonte Fields from TCU would be available at that spot. Solid draft otherwise.

I was using www.fanspeak.com.

I was really surprised that Kikaha was still on the board. I think Fields or "O" would be really good options.
baalke if this happens
Share 49ersWebzone