There are 306 users in the forums

49ers #1 Need (Poll)

49ers #1 Need (Poll)

Everything starts with the offensive line.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Lol wr should be last on this list, what a silly fan base we have

OL or DL.

We lost Justin smith and ray McDonald.

As for the OL argument, depends if you believe in Brandon Thomas or not. I'm actually in favor of drafting a tackle to backup Staley and Davis. Staley is only getting older at this point

Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Lol wr should be last on this list, what a silly fan base we have

OL or DL.

We lost Justin smith and ray McDonald.

As for the OL argument, depends if you believe in Brandon Thomas or not. I'm actually in favor of drafting a tackle to backup Staley and Davis. Staley is only getting older at this point

Good post, I'm excited for B.T
Originally posted by Since07:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
That is because there was no nose tackle playing. Having Ian and Dorsey back lets TJE and Dial go back to ends along with Tank who always seems to get pressure on the QB. The Dline has to take on blockers and allow LB's to make tackles our 2 starters Sunday are not that good in fact Moody down right sucks and Dial was asked along with Purcell to play NT. Dial is not a NT Purcell on the other hand looked to be able to hold the two blockers much better.

So you're saying our #1 need is a NT?

No Ian and Dorsey will be back next year. I not sure even if Cowboy does retire that any defensive position can be the #1 priority. We finished 10th in points, 5th against the pass 7th against the run and 5th in total yards all the while missing over over half of our core defenders and then loosing some of their back ups.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
No Ian and Dorsey will be back next year. I not sure even if Cowboy does retire that any defensive position can be the #1 priority. We finished 10th in points, 5th against the pass 7th against the run and 5th in total yards all the while missing over over half of our core defenders and then loosing some of their back ups.

I know man lol just messing with you but McDonald and Justin smith never got hurt this season, no way do I feel comfortable with Dail and Carradine as the starters right now.
QB: Kaep
RB1: Hyde
RB2: Hunter/Fast "Change of Pace" Rookie (Round 4 or 5)
FB: Miller
WR1: Boldin
WR2: 1st Round Rookie (In a "What have you done for me lately" NFL, Baalke has just witnessed rookies flourshing immediately and will attempt to copy)
SlotWR: Ellington
TE: VD (Needs to get in Kaep's ear and "demand" the football)
TE2:Celek/Carrier/Vance
LG: Looney
C: Kilgore
RG: Boone
RT: Davis

On offence, the obvious hole is at WR. Depth is needed at T, RB, G, QB

DE: Tank
DT: Dorsey/Williams (Ian Williams is good...when healthy)
DE: High Priced FA (Suh???)
LOLB: Lynch
MLB: Willis
MLB: Bowman
ROLB: Aldon
LCB: Cox or Culliver
RCB: Brock
SlotCB: Ward
S: Bethea
S: Reid
P: Lee
K: Dawson

A healthy defense = A strong defense! But do they match up with Seattle? No, but they can come close with an upgrade along the line. There are a lot of quality defensive lineman available in free agency and I think Baalke should spend big/wisely on one of them. Greg Hardy, JPP, Suh, Farley, Odrick are UFA's in 2015.

#15 should be a WR. In addition to that, we should go after Randall Cobb!
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Cheer leaders with bigger boobies and skimpier outfits
Originally posted by Chico:
Cheer leaders with bigger boobies and skimpier outfits

Amen!
The Curse of Candlestick.
Sell the team!

We need talent, period. The Cowboys struck gold with Martin in the first, the Browns with Bitonio in the second, the Bengals with Hill in the second. Simply pick a great player
Originally posted by thl408:
I see WR leading the poll and just wanted to say my pitch for 'DE'.

The WR corp has two players who have some upside (Ellington/Patton) and two players who are proven vets (Boldin/SJohnson). The DE position has lost a solid starter in RayMac and is about to lose the best player at the position in Justin. Are Dial and Tank ready to take on the role as starter, and who is there behind them? The answer is 'who knows' and 'TJE'.

Vote 'DE'.

All very good points. However, Anquan Boldin's deal is up next season. I'm thinking he retires. I really like Ellington and Patton and WISH we would've played them more. I love their potential, but we still don't know what we have in either. I do believe worse case scenario, we have some very food 4 and 5 receivers. Best case scenario, who knows. But I don't think we can turn down a chance to get a guy at receiver that can come and instantly start.

Now in terms of DE, I think the case could be made for Mario Edwards Jr in the 2nd who we can plug and play at DE. We could potentially sign a FA to get into the mix as well. Now there is going to be some natural drop off, but outside of getting Leonard Williams, I think the talent we can add by going receiver first (White/Parker) and DE second (Edwards/Oakman), trumps taking a DE in the first (who would you suggest after Leonard Williams and Randy Gregory) and a receiver second.
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
QB: Kaep
RB1: Hyde
RB2: Hunter/Fast "Change of Pace" Rookie (Round 4 or 5)
FB: Miller
WR1: Boldin
WR2: 1st Round Rookie (In a "What have you done for me lately" NFL, Baalke has just witnessed rookies flourshing immediately and will attempt to copy)
SlotWR: Ellington
TE: VD (Needs to get in Kaep's ear and "demand" the football)
TE2:Celek/Carrier/Vance
LG: Looney
C: Kilgore
RG: Boone
RT: Davis

On offence, the obvious hole is at WR. Depth is needed at T, RB, G, QB

DE: Tank
DT: Dorsey/Williams (Ian Williams is good...when healthy)
DE: High Priced FA (Suh???)
LOLB: Lynch
MLB: Willis
MLB: Bowman
ROLB: Aldon
LCB: Cox or Culliver
RCB: Brock
SlotCB: Ward
S: Bethea
S: Reid
P: Lee
K: Dawson

A healthy defense = A strong defense! But do they match up with Seattle? No, but they can come close with an upgrade along the line. There are a lot of quality defensive lineman available in free agency and I think Baalke should spend big/wisely on one of them. Greg Hardy, JPP, Suh, Farley, Odrick are UFA's in 2015.

#15 should be a WR. In addition to that, we should go after Randall Cobb!

Take Suh off that list. Do not want. I'd like a FA that they can get on a deal similar to Glen Dorsey in 2013.
D line Lets not forget Dorsey was brought in to be a DE. If they can get a top teir NT in the draft they could bump him back out to De
[ Edited by lamontb on Dec 29, 2014 at 6:02 PM ]
BPA, BPA, BPA

Hopefully, players we are targeting to fill our needs line up with our draft position or we can find reasonable trade partners. If not, see above.
Share 49ersWebzone