LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Linebacker #8 Hauoli Kikaha Washington Huskies

Hieght 6-3 246lbs Senior 18 sacks..leads nation in sacks. However he probably be gone before it's our turn... and we seem to be good at the linebacker position anyway... just a thought.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Charles Davis

Kikaha, a fifth-year senior, has had to battle back from two ACL tears during his college career. Last season was his first healthy campaign since he was a freshman and he performed well, recording 13 sacks. He is taking it to another level this season, though, and its not surprising to see him emerging even further now two years removed from surgery. Kikaha is in his first season as a stand-up linebacker and has made a smooth adjustment from playing with his hand in the dirt full-time. He is a thick, strong, athletic player who is physically imposing at 6-foot-3, 246 pounds. He's been helped by DT Danny Shelton, who has emerged as the top interior pass rusher in the nation (7.5 sacks).

Kikaha a relentless pass rusher, but he is not just an effort player. Kikaha is very strong with his hands, which allows him to win battles. The biggest hurdle for him at the next level could be medical evaluations given his history of knee injuries. He has shown me a lot this season as far as his athletic ability, though.
Been reading about this guy online and developed a draft crush even though I've never seen him play - ridiculous I know.

Wondering what the college watchers/draft gurus make of him and where you reckon he might go ? 2nd round ?

(Or, you know, bump...)
Bump thoughts on this guy? He has a motor and is about the same size as Skuta. He might drop in the draft due to injuries.Can always add pass rushers

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/hauoli-kikaha?id=2552292

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/cfb/133319/hauoli-kikaha

man that Washington defense was stacked lol
Injuries are a BIG concern.

No earlier than a 4th - IMO.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Injuries are a BIG concern.

No earlier than a 4th - IMO.

Totally agree, I think if he falls to the 4th it might be a intriguing pick.
People thought Baalke was at the Missouri pro day to look at Gabbert but he was looking at Aldon Smith. I personally think Baalke was at the Wash pro day to look at this guy and not Peters (or maybe as well as). I would not be surprised at all if we drafted this guy in the mid to later rounds
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
People thought Baalke was at the Missouri pro day to look at Gabbert but he was looking at Aldon Smith. I personally think Baalke was at the Wash pro day to look at this guy and not Peters (or maybe as well as). I would not be surprised at all if we drafted this guy in the mid to later rounds

I disagree, after all why did Baalke schedule a Pre-draft visit with Peters then??
  • crew
  • Veteran
Depends on the soundness of his left knee after 2 ACL tears on that knee (2011 and 2012) in how far he drops.
WOW this dude is a Manster! 25 TFL AND 19 Sacks? Plus 72 Tackles overall. I could see us take a flyer on him at some point. That would be the makings of a nice pass rush rotation. Could see a front line (on passing downs) of Carradine, Dorsey, Dockett, and Dial/Brooks, with Aldon, Bowman and Lynch ay linebacker. A lot of interesting things you could do with all that talent. Of course it depends on if Justin Smith comes back. Then that would even be more fun.

would be cool to snatch this guy in the middle rounds along with Shelton. They work good together. Injuries are a concern but Thomas davis is really showing that a player can overcome multiple ACL tears and it is good to know he made it through 2014 without any trouble in his knees
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I disagree, after all why did Baalke schedule a Pre-draft visit with Peters then??
When has Baalke ever drafted a player he had a pre draft visit with?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:

When has Baalke ever drafted a player he had a pre draft visit with?

Aldon Smith
Colin Kaepernick
Kendall Hunter
AJ Jenkins
Tank Carradine
http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/4/23/4253110/49ers-draft-visits-2013-nfl-draft-trent-baalke-history

[ Edited by Kolohe on Apr 3, 2015 at 4:31 PM ]
His acceleration is off the charts, but thats all im seeing is an edge rusher
Originally posted by Since07:
His acceleration is off the charts, but thats all im seeing is an edge rusher

Impressive as he seems, I notice that too.
My take away also is wow, there are a lot of big fat slow Tackles in college football.
Share 49ersWebzone