LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

My 2015 Offseason Mock #1

Head Coach: Pep Hamilton- I think he would be the perfect fit at head coach if Harbaugh departs.

Player transactions:

Cut:
Craig Dahl
Jonathan Martin
Vance Mcdonald

Don't Resign:

Michael Crabtree
Michael Whilhoite
Mike Iupati
Chris Cook
Blaine Gabbert
Brandon Lloyd
Dan Skuta
Ahmad Brooks- if it wasn't for his attitude i would want him back.
Frank Gore- This really hurts me to say this.. gore has been one of my favorite 49ers of all time. He IS a 49er in every way. He has been the heart of this team and can still play. The money just wont be there though i think we can use it to help the team and get younger at the same time. Carlos hyde is ready to be the starter in my opinion.

Resign:

Perrish Cox
Tony Jerod-Eddie
Kyle Nelson

Free Agent signings:

Andre Holmes WR OAK
Jared Odrick DE MIA
Kroy Beiderman OLB ATL
Joe Barksdale T STL
Charles Clay TE MIA
Tyrod Taylor QB BAL

Draft:

*DRAFT DAY TRADE*- Trade our 2015 3rd round pick and 2016 3rd round pick for a second round pick, #49 overall

Round 1: Devante Parker 6'3 209 WR Louisville- We find a true #1 wide receiver. Devante would be the first WR taken if not for his injury IMO. He is big, tall, can jump out of the building, has good speed and has reliable hands. He will help our redzone offense, run after the catch, and take pressure off of Kaep overall. He will keep Sherman up at night.

Round 2: Ameer Abdullah 5'9 195 RB/PR/KR Nebraska- GAME CHANGER. 1-2 punch with Hyde and Abdullah will be deadly. Abdullah is very fast and shifty. We need to get something from our return units. People forget how much ted ginn and thereturn game was apart of that magical first year with Harbaugh.

*TRADE* Round 2: Cameron Erving 6'6 311 C/G/T Florida State- After watching this year the offensive line was easily the worst part about this team.. injuries keep popping up at every position so having a starting caliber lineman who has experience at every position is invaluable.

Round 4: Owamagbe Odighizuwa 6'3 269 DE UCLA- Best name in the draft! haha but seriously i like him as a prospect and we need more passrushers.
Round 5: Sean Mannion 6'5 220 QB Oregon State- Developmental Quarterback
Round 6: Deandre Smelter 6'3 222 WR Georgia Tech *INJURED*- Our future #2 WR.
Round 7: Michael Dyer 5'9 215 RB Louisville

Projected depth chart:

QB: Kaepernick - Taylor - Mannion*
RB: Hyde - Abdullah* - Hunter
FB: Miller - Millard
WR1: Parker* - Holmes - Patton
WR2: Boldin - Johnson - Ellington
TE: Davis - Clay- Carrier
LT: Staley - Barksdale - Erving*
LG: Thomas - Erving* - Looney
C: Martin - Kilgore -Erving*
RG: Boone - Erving* - Looney
RT: Davis - Barksdale - Erving*

DE: Odrick - Jerod-Eddie - Dial
NT: Williams - Dorsey - Dial
DE: Smith - Carradine - Dial
OLB: Smith - Odighizuwa* -Lemonier
ILB: Willis - Borland - Skov
ILB: Bowman - Moody
OLB: Lynch - Beiderman - Lemonier
CB: Brock - Johnson - Acker
CB: Cox - Johnson - Reaser
SS: Bethea - Mcray
FS: Reid - Ward

KR: Abdullah - Ellington - Cox
PR: Abdullah - Ellington - Cox

P: Lee
K: Dawson
LS: Nelson

IR: Smelter
[ Edited by 9ersfaithful55 on Dec 21, 2014 at 9:00 PM ]
First, I don't think we should cut Vance. Give him a chance with a new coaching staff. Also Martin is a solid backup tackle.

I like the Parker pick a lot.

No way Mannion's there in the 5th round. 3rd if we're lucky.

Smelter will not be around in the 6th

Dyer will not be there in the 7th
No way we have the cap room for those free agents, sorry. If we did we would ve resigned crabs, iupati and gore already.
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
First, I don't think we should cut Vance. Give him a chance with a new coaching staff. Also Martin is a solid backup tackle.

I just dont think we need more people in the offense who have questionable hands.. Clay could be used as a TE/WR and Millard as a FB/Blocking TE hoperfully. Maybe it was just watching Luke wilson tonight that made me make this rash decision lol

Ya I was using CBS rankings as a measure. It said 5th round for mannion i thought that was a bit low.. and smelter just tore his ACL. I think he could be there possibly. Dyer probably not too but ya..

Martin IMO is a horrible player.
[ Edited by 9ersfaithful55 on Dec 21, 2014 at 9:14 PM ]
Originally posted by Diaperfan:
No way we have the cap room for those free agents, sorry. If we did we would ve resigned crabs, iupati and gore already.

We are not resigning Crabtree and probably not Iupati and/or gore. Ray Mcdonald is gone also.. not sure what the numbers would be. Odrick has had a down year. Maybe Holmes the most unreasonable with a good year this year.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ersfaithful55:

I just dont think we need more people in the offense who have questionable hands.. Clay could be used as a TE/WR and Millard as a FB/Blocking TE hoperfully. Maybe it was just watching Luke wilson tonight that made me make this rash decision lol

Ya I was using CBS rankings as a measure. It said 5th round for mannion i thought that was a bit low.. and smelter just tore his ACL. I think he could be there possibly. Dyer probably not too but ya..

Didn't Seattle draft McDonald's backup in that same draft
I love Charles Clay, he can play TE, WR, HBack.
Originally posted by bors:

Yup.. Luke Wilson
[ Edited by KaeptinKrunch on Dec 21, 2014 at 9:30 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I don't mind those cuts.

I'd like to hold on to Gore / Wilhoite.

I like Mannion and the RB from Miami... Abdullah is cool too.
Love Hamilton he will be a good coach. Don't sleep on Jim Mora from UCLA. Where is Culliver?

Almost all of us want to keep Frank the Tank - but can we??

Too early to cut Vance - IMO, our very inept coaching staff neither developed him nor utilized him well

I'd resign Skuta in a heartbeat.

think we'd have to trade up to get Parker but that's just my opinion.
Originally posted by bors:

Yes the guy who owned Arizona last week.

I love when couch GMs cut players who they just don't like.

Cutting Vance does nothing for us other than get rid of a talented blocker and someone who can make things happen if he catches the ball. Guy hasn't been given a chance at all. Vernon had questionable hands and he was given shots. So did Delanie.

Vance will be fine.

No thanks on that draft either.
Head Coach: Pep Hamilton- I think he would be the perfect fit at head coach if Harbaugh departs.

Player transactions:

Cut:
Craig Dahl
Jonathan Martin
Vance Mcdonald

Don't Resign:

Michael Crabtree
Michael Whilhoite
Mike Iupati
Chris Cook
Blaine Gabbert
Brandon Lloyd
Dan Skuta
Ahmad Brooks- if it wasn't for his attitude i would want him back.
Frank Gore- This really hurts me to say this.. gore has been one of my favorite 49ers of all time. He IS a 49er in every way. He has been the heart of this team and can still play. The money just wont be there though i think we can use it to help the team and get younger at the same time. Carlos hyde is ready to be the starter in my opinion.

Resign:

Perrish Cox
Tony Jerod-Eddie
Kyle Nelson

Free Agent signings:

Andre Holmes WR OAK
Jared Odrick DE MIA
Kroy Beiderman OLB ATL
Joe Barksdale T STL
Charles Clay TE MIA
Tyrod Taylor QB BAL

Draft:

*DRAFT DAY TRADE*- Trade our 2015 3rd round pick and 2016 3rd round pick for a second round pick, #49 overall

Round 1: Devante Parker 6'3 209 WR Louisville- We find a true #1 wide receiver. Devante would be the first WR taken if not for his injury IMO. He is big, tall, can jump out of the building, has good speed and has reliable hands. He will help our redzone offense, run after the catch, and take pressure off of Kaep overall. He will keep Sherman up at night.

Round 2: Ameer Abdullah 5'9 195 RB/PR/KR Nebraska- GAME CHANGER. 1-2 punch with Hyde and Abdullah will be deadly. Abdullah is very fast and shifty. We need to get something from our return units. People forget how much ted ginn and thereturn game was apart of that magical first year with Harbaugh.

*TRADE* Round 2: Cameron Erving 6'6 311 C/G/T Florida State- After watching this year the offensive line was easily the worst part about this team.. injuries keep popping up at every position so having a starting caliber lineman who has experience at every position is invaluable.

Round 4: Owamagbe Odighizuwa 6'3 269 DE UCLA- Best name in the draft! haha but seriously i like him as a prospect and we need more passrushers.
Round 5: Sean Mannion 6'5 220 QB Oregon State- Developmental Quarterback
Round 6: Deandre Smelter 6'3 222 WR Georgia Tech *INJURED*- Our future #2 WR.
Round 7: Michael Dyer 5'9 215 RB Louisville

Projected depth chart:

QB: Kaepernick - Taylor - Mannion*
RB: Hyde - Abdullah* - Hunter
FB: Miller - Millard
WR1: Parker* - Holmes - Patton
WR2: Boldin - Johnson - Ellington
TE: Davis - Clay- Carrier
LT: Staley - Barksdale - Erving*
LG: Thomas - Erving* - Looney
C: Martin - Kilgore -Erving*
RG: Boone - Erving* - Looney
RT: Davis - Barksdale - Erving*

DE: Odrick - Jerod-Eddie - Dial
NT: Williams - Dorsey - Dial
DE: Smith - Carradine - Dial
OLB: Smith - Odighizuwa* -Lemonier
ILB: Willis - Borland - Skov
ILB: Bowman - Moody
OLB: Lynch - Beiderman - Lemonier
CB: Brock - Johnson - Acker
CB: Cox - Johnson - Reaser
SS: Bethea - Mcray
FS: Reid - Ward

KR: Abdullah - Ellington - Cox
PR: Abdullah - Ellington - Cox

P: Lee
K: Dawson
LS: Nelson

IR: Smelter

No to Pep he likes to throw the ball and SF doesn't have the line to protect the QB.

Were is Cully? Not resigning him? I'd prefer him to Cox.

FA seems a little much and they don't have the cap for that.

Like the draft and focusing on the offense...I think SF needs a little more on the DL if they don't get it through FA.

I think it would be smart to extend Aldon Smith as well, his option is for over $9 million and they could probably get the best deal for him right now, plus it would lower the cap.

Also no sense in cutting Vance he is on his rookie deal and has at least he has become a good blocking TE (2nd rd for that!)
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I love Charles Clay, he can play TE, WR, HBack.

Yup me too Delanie Walker 2.0...just has some injury issues
Lol at keeping Sherman up at night. Sherman loves big bodied receivers. They provide a bigger target area to be physical with.

You don't beat Seattle with size, you beat them with speed and quickness. TY Hilton, OBJ, etc.
Share 49ersWebzone