LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

On the bright side

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
49ers are at about Pick #15 right now. Root for the Browns, Dolphins, Rams, Bills and Texans to win.

Would love to get pick #11.

Last decade here are players who were drafted at #11 or a few spots later.

Odell Beckham, Aaron Donald - 2014
DJ Fluker, Sheldon Richardson - 2013
Dontari Poe, Fletcher Cox - 2012
JJ Watt, Nick Fairley - 2011
Anthony Davis - 2010
Brian Orakpo - 2009
Ryan Clady - 2008
Patrick Willis, Marshawn Lynch - 2007
Jay Cutler, Haloti Ngata - 2006
Demarcus Ware, Shawne Merriman - 2005
Ben Roethlisberger, Jon Vilma - 2004

Some serious talent there

This ain't one of those drafts. But we will still get starter ready talent wherever we draft. Even though D-line is creeping up the board in terms of need, I don't think the caliber of players that will be available will equal what will be available at receiver, so I'm still sticking with Kevin White as my 1a pick. I like Danny Shelton as 1b. Only thing is, where does that leave Ian Williams and Dorsey? Dorsey has played DE, but he's done well at NT. Ian Williams is strictly a NT. I have no issues with Quinton Dial exclusively playing DE. If we can't get either of those players, we should trade down and acquire more picks.

I think Devante parker would be worth a pick around 11 overall. I really dont like shelton I need to watch more film on him but from what ive seen so far hes at best a second round pick. IMO this draft is average as a whole but still has lots of depth at WR and RB. I think our Dline will be fine assuming Justin comes back. Dial should start with ramsey jerod eddie and carradine. We need another OLB more then DE with brooks leaving.
49ers are at about Pick #15 right now. Root for the Browns, Dolphins, Rams, Bills and Texans to win.

Did I do the math wrong? Isn't the lowest we can draft 13 and the highest we can draft 18?
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Did I do the math wrong? Isn't the lowest we can draft 13 and the highest we can draft 18?

They could have had an outside chance at 12 but no more after the Rams lost. Right now I believe they are at 13 or 14 if they lose next week.

Houston and Miami moved up. Root for the Browns to win next week.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 21, 2014 at 9:03 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ersfaithful55:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by genus49:

Would love to get pick #11.

Last decade here are players who were drafted at #11 or a few spots later.

Odell Beckham, Aaron Donald - 2014
DJ Fluker, Sheldon Richardson - 2013
Dontari Poe, Fletcher Cox - 2012
JJ Watt, Nick Fairley - 2011
Anthony Davis - 2010
Brian Orakpo - 2009
Ryan Clady - 2008
Patrick Willis, Marshawn Lynch - 2007
Jay Cutler, Haloti Ngata - 2006
Demarcus Ware, Shawne Merriman - 2005
Ben Roethlisberger, Jon Vilma - 2004

Some serious talent there

This ain't one of those drafts. But we will still get starter ready talent wherever we draft. Even though D-line is creeping up the board in terms of need, I don't think the caliber of players that will be available will equal what will be available at receiver, so I'm still sticking with Kevin White as my 1a pick. I like Danny Shelton as 1b. Only thing is, where does that leave Ian Williams and Dorsey? Dorsey has played DE, but he's done well at NT. Ian Williams is strictly a NT. I have no issues with Quinton Dial exclusively playing DE. If we can't get either of those players, we should trade down and acquire more picks.

I think Devante parker would be worth a pick around 11 overall. I really dont like shelton I need to watch more film on him but from what ive seen so far hes at best a second round pick. IMO this draft is average as a whole but still has lots of depth at WR and RB. I think our Dline will be fine assuming Justin comes back. Dial should start with ramsey jerod eddie and carradine. We need another OLB more then DE with brooks leaving.

I think this is the year we get the receiver. I don't see an available DE at that spot worth the pick. It's perfect for the receivers however. If we do trade/release Ahmad Brooks, I think the team should resign Dan Skuta and let him compete with Aaron Lynch for the starting job. We could then draft an OLB later to compete with Corey Lemonier.

I think what happens in the second round likely will depend on when the first RB (I'm thinking Melvin Gordon) comes off the board. If that's the case, a trade down lower in the second round is an option where we could pick up an extra third or fourth.

This season hurts, but the offseason has the chance to give us a real edge in adding some serious talent to the team that we would not be able to do if we were drafting in the 30s again.
http://www.thephinsider.com/2014/12/22/7433855/nfl-draft-order-2015-where-are-the-dolphins-picking-now We'll be 13th or 14th based on strength of schedule even if the teams ahead of us win. 14 is the likely result.
Looking like a 16-17 with a win next week or at highest 13 I believe. One thing our WR next year are Boldin, Johnson, Patton, and Ellington. I think they could impress a lot of us with opportunities. Everyone wants a high early pick for a number 1 receiver. I would rather fill some needs at ol, dl, rb, before going high on Wr early.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DJamhour:
Looking like a 16-17 with a win next week or at highest 13 I believe. One thing our WR next year are Boldin, Johnson, Patton, and Ellington. I think they could impress a lot of us with opportunities. Everyone wants a high early pick for a number 1 receiver. I would rather fill some needs at ol, dl, rb, before going high on Wr early.

While I agree with you that we need help in the trenches I´m not sure who is worth of a draft selection at around 15.

DL: Williams won´t make it to 15 and neither will Shelton (at least on my board). Eddie Goldman ?

OL: Sheriff won´t make it to 15 neither will Peat. Not a fan of Ogbuehi. I think Collins can be had at the end of the 1st. I dont have a 1st round grade on a pure OG.

Not a fan of a QB for us at 15 or in the 1st (outside of Mariota who will be gone)
Not a fan of a TE for us at 15 or in the 1st.
Not a fan of a LB for us at 15 or in the 1st.
Not a fan of a DB for us at 15 or in the 1st.

Pass rusher is a need....but at 15 or in the 1st ?
[ Edited by DeUh on Jan 20, 2015 at 12:52 PM ]
We are sitting at #13 right now. But a lot can change the final week. All kinds of teams could win, lose or tie. Then you have all the tiebreakers to figure out. I suspect we are something between #11 - #18 or so pending the final week. I really hope we lose this last game. There is absolutely nothing for us to win for. Our draft position could go way down with a win.
Good points , right now we're looking at best #13 or at worst #18 if I remember correctly. Ans if I'm not mistaken tie breakers go to strength of schedule and we have the third toughest behind jets and raiders so if we finish with same record as any other team we pick after them. Really hope I'm wrong lol. And one thing that scares me DeUh is you say there's no talent at those other positions worth it at our pick. We've seen baalke reach a handful of times and that's scary lol
[ Edited by DJamhour on Dec 23, 2014 at 9:12 AM ]
If my math is correct if we lose we draft 14th and if we win we draft 15th. So let's win!

Share 49ersWebzone