LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 248 users in the forums

Marcus Hardison - DL - Arizona State

From the tape he looked like an edge rusher with good hand work. For DE 9ers usually want push on the interior and great tackling.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Since07:
From the tape he looked like an edge rusher with good hand work. For DE 9ers usually want push on the interior and great tackling.

Hardison is very versatile and played multiple defensive line positions. In the NFL he can either be utilized as a defensive end in a 3-4 or as an under tackle in a 4-3 scheme.

He is similar to RayMac coming out of Florida.
[ Edited by DeUh on Jan 13, 2015 at 9:37 AM ]
Do you think he'd be available when we pick in the 2nd?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Yeah, he is probably a 4th-5th rounder. I dont know though, its always tough to judge late bloomers. Post-season games and workouts will be big.
I looked at Walter's Football draft prospect list for this guy...he wasn't listed among 17 3-4 DE's, 30 DT's, 33 DE's or 12 NT's. NFL Draft Scout has him as a 7th rd pick or UDFA. He's listed as #25 DE by SB Nation. He could be one of those guys Baalke would pull the trigger on in the latter rounds. Early on, I'm hoping he goes after Eddie Goldman, FSU. He can play inside or out and has great size & quickness (6-4, @ 315). TB definitely needs to bolster the DL...with RayMac gone and possibly Justin Smith, too, it's time to stockpile the best talent he can find.
Good find DeUh!
Great Blue North, has him as the 38th out of 39 DTs. However as most of you state, he will probably rise up to the middle rounds.
Don't rely on those sites so much....I've tracked their rankings in the past and they do very little independent research.

http://thedraftreport.com/bowl-scouting-series-sun-bowl/

Article putting him as a 2-4 rounder for those that rely on what other sites say
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Yes. 2nd-3th. His last seven games were excellent.
[ Edited by DeUh on Mar 7, 2015 at 8:47 PM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Senior Bowl Day 1

Arizona State defensive end Marcus Haridson turned heads with his power.

Hardison barreled over Tennessee State offensive lineman Robert Myers in a 1-on-1 drill. The Sun Devil, who recorded 10 sacks as a senior, later crushed Marshall offensive lineman Chris Jasperse in a 9-on-7 run period.
[ Edited by DeUh on Jan 21, 2015 at 6:29 AM ]

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Senior Bowl Day 1

The surprise of the day for us was Arizona State D-lineman Marcus Hardison.

He is a versatile player who projects as either a 5-technique D-end (in a 3-4 alignment) or 3-technique D-tackle (4-3). He played both inside and outside on Tuesday.

He has good size and had the quickest feet of the bigger D-lineman.

He does a great job of winning initially, but we'll be interested to see how he does the rest of the week and on tape as to whether he can be an effective finisher. He has already shown he can disrupt plays.

The Niners met with Hardison after his Pro Day workout yesterday.

Watched a number of games with Hardison this past month, and see a bright NFL career ahead. Extremely versatile. At 6'3", 307, with 33 1/2" arms, he has the measurables for sure. The thing I like is that he played DE in a 4-3 base last year. Probably the fastest feet of any of the DT prospects in this draft, and super active on the field. I think in the end that he goes late second, but would not be surprised if the Niners made this their second round pick after addressing another need in the first.

The only downside I see is one productive year in major college football.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Watched this kid dominate all season. Obviously not a top tier DL prospect, but he absolutely should be amongst the best in the next tier.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Don't rely on those sites so much....I've tracked their rankings in the past and they do very little independent research.

http://thedraftreport.com/bowl-scouting-series-sun-bowl/

Article putting him as a 2-4 rounder for those that rely on what other sites say

Hardison's probably a 3rd/4th Rd pick at this point, if Niners want him, they need to take him with their 3rd Rd pick or trade up in the 4th, seriously doubt he is on the board at the bottom of the 4th Rd.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
The Niners met with Hardison after his Pro Day workout yesterday.

Watched a number of games with Hardison this past month, and see a bright NFL career ahead. Extremely versatile. At 6'3", 307, with 33 1/2" arms, he has the measurables for sure. The thing I like is that he played DE in a 4-3 base last year. Probably the fastest feet of any of the DT prospects in this draft, and super active on the field. I think in the end that he goes late second, but would not be surprised if the Niners made this their second round pick after addressing another need in the first.

The only downside I see is one productive year in major college football.

He came for JUCO as a top ranked guy but showed up not in game shape and struggled with the system in year 1

Everything clicked in year 2

He didn't play much football in his youth, total late bloomer
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Mar 8, 2015 at 2:08 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone