LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

McShay's 1st Mock 12/17/14

Looks like he posted his 1st Mock, they are always fun to look at he has SF drafting at 15th and taking.....

Devin Funchess WR Michigan 6-5 230 lbs

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/12/17/7408369/todd-mcshay-nfl-mock-draft-2015-49ers-devin-funchess-wide-receiver

STRENGTHS: Excellent initial burst off the line to get vertical in a hurry with long, full strides, flashing flexible and easy movement skills rare for a player his size. Funchess tracks well with smooth body control to make natural adjustments on the ball.

WEAKNESSES: WAY too many drops on his resume and needs to improve his reliability and finishing ability through the catch point. The effort is there for him as a blocker, but his technique needs work as he's often caught off guard with his blocking assignments.

Funchess is a mismatch nightmare against linebackers and smaller defensive backs and with improved consistency, he has all the makings of a future first-round pick, reminiscent of a younger Jermichael Finley at Texas. (CBSSports)

Thoughts???
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 17, 2014 at 12:15 PM ]
Meh, I'm not really a fan of Funchess. Certainly not at 15!
[ Edited by LZRD_WZRD on Dec 17, 2014 at 5:47 PM ]
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Meh, I'm not really a fan of Funchees. Certainly not at 15!

Yeah that was my thoughts as well lol
a lot of blogs say that Funchess would be moving to TE in the NFL, which was his position at Michigan to start.

the dropsies is what worries me with him, especially with Kap at QB
I would take him in the 2nd as a TE prospect. But he'd have to add bulk and develop his blocking. Also, I'm not sure how well he could handle Kapernick's passes.
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
a lot of blogs say that Funchess would be moving to TE in the NFL, which was his position at Michigan to start.

the dropsies is what worries me with him, especially with Kap at QB

Yeah from what I've read I'll pass on him...

My pipe dream is trading Harbs (making Gase the HC) to Oakland for their 1st grabbing Leonard Williams then taking DGB or White at 15

BUT judging on Baalke's past they will trade down and grab some underwhelming WR in the 3rd SMH
Originally posted by daragon:
I would take him in the 2nd as a TE prospect. But he'd have to add bulk and develop his blocking. Also, I'm not sure how well he could handle Kapernick's passes.

Yeah we don't need a "TE prospect" with 15th pick in the draft.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 17, 2014 at 12:50 PM ]
Never fan of WRs in the 1st but I love how he has great focus and patience for the ball to get there then has a quick snatch and pulls the ball down immediately
I'd snatch him up in a heartbeat if he's there in the 2nd
Id rather have Heuerman in the 3-4th.

Originally posted by Since07:
Never fan of WRs in the 1st but I love how he has great focus and patience for the ball to get there then has a quick snatch and pulls the ball down immediately

... unless he drops it.

Not a fan of this pick at all. I could be wrong, but McShay usually gives us crap.
A WR's main job is to catch the football.
In our offense that and blocking is about it.

And this guy has a problem with dropping passes......
Would you hire a surgeon who is queasy at the sight of blood?
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Quest4six:
A WR's main job is to catch the football.
In our offense that and blocking is about it.

And this guy has a problem with dropping passes......
Would you hire a surgeon who is queasy at the sight of blood?

?

You just drafted Sammie Coates in your mock who needs to work the jug machine 24/7 ASAP. (For the record Im a fan of Coates)
Its WAY to early to tell.

But the highlight of him hurdling a cornerback was pretty impressive.
Funchess is an interesting prospect but I'm not sure which position he would play and I'd much rather see someone like DeVante Parker or Kevin White instead.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 17, 2014 at 4:24 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone