LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 142 users in the forums

DTG's Remock of Early Mock 2015

1st Mock 12/17/2014 Assuming at least one pick in each round, between the 15th

2nd Mock 3/7/2015 Post combine, mid-free agency.

Updates (bold) represent changes from the first mock. If no changes then pick stands.

FA Signings: Dockett, CB (Cox or Culliver or ?), OLB, WR, QB, RB (Gore?).

1-Kevin White, WR West Virginia, 6'3" 210 Gone!
Update: Jalen Strong, WR Arizona State, 6'2 ½" 217
Rational: My move would be trading down and picking Strong (gain a 3rd). Potential trade partners—Eagles, Cards, Colts…a number of others who need OL or DBs.

2-Carl Davis, DT Iowa, 6'5" 315
Rationale: Aging DL needs influx of talent. CBS: "Has a strong upper body to stack-and-shed with power to control blocks and force the issue, showing accurate hand placement to latch-and-toss. He is surprisingly light on his feet, closing quickly when he locates and has a lane."

3-Tre' Jackson, OG Florida State, 6'4" 330
Update: Jake Fisher, OT, Oregon 6'6" 306
Rationale: Losing Iupati would seem to necessitate picking a G, but they have Thomas, Looney and M Martin all competing to replace him. Giving J Martin competition would be a good idea. Fisher was forced to switch to the left side due to injuries and did well despite being dinged up himself.

3-(From trade) Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB, Louisville, 6'4" 260
Rationale: Competition for back up, quick and reads plays well but needs work where this coaching staff and playing next to Aldon and Lynch might help.

4-(Comp Pick) Jeremy Langford, RB Michigan State, 6'0" 205
Non-glitz, all around good RB for depth. CBS: "Langford really shines in areas where most young backs struggle like pass protection, reliability in the screen game and also the ability to get stronger and better as the game goes on." Several good RBs should be available if Langford is gone.

5-JT Surratt, DT South Carolina, 6'2" 310
Update: James Sample, SS, Louisville 6'2" 209
Rational: Signing of Dockett allows the 9ers to go after other needs. Sample is a SS and would allow Reid and Ward to concentrate on FS and CB. He defended 12 passes and intercepted 4 last year.

6- Dezmin Lewis, WR Central Arkansas, 6'4" 212
Update: Antwan Goodley, WR Baylor. 5'10" 209
Rationale: Deep threat might be available in the 6th. Lewis will be gone.

7-Bo Wallace, QB Ole Miss, 6'4" 217
Update: Cody Fajardo, QB Nevada, 6'1" 223
Rationale: Wallace will be gone and it might be interesting to have Fajardo compete with his predecessor at Nevada.

7-(Comp Pick) Deontay Greenberry, WR Houston, 6'3" 198
Rationale: I know…three WRs? But Greenberry is an intriguing player…couldn't resist!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Mar 7, 2015 at 10:46 AM ]
We getting any comp picks this year???
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
oooh, i likey

Originally posted by NYniner85:

We owe Buffalo a 3rd or 4th for Johnson, but may recoup with a comp pick. Since it's an unknown I just slotted a pick per round.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

We owe Buffalo a 3rd or 4th for Johnson, but may recoup with a comp pick. Since it's an unknown I just slotted a pick per round.

Yeah I think it was a 4th and we recouped that by trading down the Denver.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
oooh, i likey

I predict he will jump up to a top ten pick but perhaps he will fail to run well at the combine...and as we all know, that's the important thing!
I really like White, Davis, Jackson, and Langford. They are all physical Niners Style guys in positions that we need. I will have a very similar mock.
Pretty good, my man, dtg!

Love the 1st rd pick.. like the 2nd-4th rd enough. Might be a bit much to select another DL in rd 5.. we still have lots of talent there. Maybe a CB instead? No OT prospect for depth.. to compete and push out Martin? Never much liked Bo Wallace, but can't really complain in rd 7.

I think we need a QB2 mo badly than that.. but I guess you have some super secret FA vet signing.

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Pretty good, my man, dtg!

Love the 1st rd pick.. like the 2nd-4th rd enough. Might be a bit much to select another DL in rd 5.. we still have lots of talent there. Maybe a CB instead? No OT prospect for depth.. to compete and push out Martin? Never much liked Bo Wallace, but can't really complain in rd 7.

I think we need a QB2 mo badly than that.. but I guess you have some super secret FA vet signing.

Thanks Mac!

I would move Boone to RT and Davis would compete at RG, and the backup spot at RT with J Martin. With likely losing Iupati and Boone moving to T OG would be a more important need. If J Smith retires, the loss of McDonald might necessitate two DTs bine taken. I decided to count on Reaser and Acker to compete for the final CB spots. Not wild about Wallace either but he was a flier. I like the fact that he's been a JUCO champion...a bit of coaching may do wonders. I think they need a veteran backup. If they are in the playoffs next year a rookie wouldn't likely be ready should the call come.

But it's early and so much is unknown!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Dec 18, 2014 at 10:01 AM ]
There will be NO MORE talk of Justin retiring!!!!

... but okay. I do like your plans, and it makes the draft even more palatable.

You don't think they will pick up a QB a bit higher, considering it will likely be a new coach?
I don't have any issue with any of the picks really, all sound players, I do hope that they can acquire some more picks as there will still be some needs, such as more speed on offense, depth at OLB, an earlier QB selection that get left out.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
With Ray Mac getting the axe, I think D-line just shot up as the top need. I'd switch the first two picks, but seeing as the 9ers will be picking anywhere from 11-15, I'm gonna draft Danny Shelton. And maybe Rashad Greene in the 2nd round. 3rd round I'd go with a DB maybe Doran Grant or Steven Nelson of Oregon St. if still there.

Other than that I like the Mock.
Big fan of Tre Jackson, would be a great addition to the struggling interior line.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
You don't think they will pick up a QB a bit higher, considering it will likely be a new coach?

Need a solid vet backup.
Share 49ersWebzone